Fireflies

Wolf Princess

Ghostly fingers trailed along my , fully waking me up. My head was pressed right up against his steady heartbeat, rising and falling as he breathed. It didn’t take me long to realize where I was or what I was waking up from.

“Good morning, love.” Sehun spoke with a raspy low voice, so…so y for him. I could get used to that. Scratch that, I have already. Him saying ‘good morning’ or calling me ‘love’ changed everything about waking up in the morning. Simply waking up in Sehun’s arms after the act we did was something that I wanted to happen more than just once. Who cared about being selfish anymore? I knew I wanted this.

I rolled over more into his arms, grasping for all of the warmth that came off his body. I felt so strange everywhere, my body wasn’t used to the pleasure it felt the night earlier. But I knew I felt good; everything felt really, really good. “Morning.”

Sehun’s hair was everywhere, sticking up, stuck against his neck, but I guess my hair was just as crazy all over his pillow.

We enjoyed the little moments of staring into each other’s eyes, finally fully bonded with each other. Sehun turned his body, pressing it against mine and pressed a gentle and loving kiss to my lips. So much affection was put into the kiss I returned to him, even for myself it was to make sure all of this was real. Nothing was spoken from either of us after the morning greeting because we were both too distracted by staring into each other’s eyes.

Our little moment was completely ruined and interrupted by a loud, obnoxious knock coming from Sehun’s front door. He sighed, breaking the perfect moment and decided to get up to reveal everything. I slightly gasped at the sight of Sehun’s , and let’s just say a little further down too.

He looked over at me with a devilish smile. “What?”

“You’re back…” I mumbled, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks.

He hummed, “Mmm…y right?”

If someone handed me a mirror, I would probably see a lobster, a beet, maybe the nose on Rudolph. Whatever else was the color red, that was me. “Uh-um…t-there’s…scratches…”

He slowly maneuvered over and leaned in to nip my lips, pulling back with a devilish look in his eyes. “Oh yeah?”

He bent down so that he was laying his chest against mine, so that his lips barely brushed against my ear. Even my sensitive ears were straining to hear, “Wanna know who made them?”

That’s it. My face was going to explode, or my whole body, if the blood in my veins didn’t rush any faster. I pulled up the blankets and hid my face, profusely shaking my head. His fingers danced along the fabric over my stomach.

“I think you do.” I didn’t need to see the smirk that was on his face, I could hear it in his tone.

“I think you should shut up.” His fingers were crossing dangerous territory, to which I threw off the blanket covering my face. “Oh Sehun don’t you dare!”

He flashed a wicked smile before bringing both of his hands to my side, then tickling me with everything he had. I squealed, breaking into laughter and begged him to stop. That only seemed to prod him further.

He kissed my cheek and put pants and a shirt on before leaving to answer the door. My eyes fell heavy again, but the bed felt too cold to go back to sleep. Exhaustion prevented me from hearing what was going on at the front door but as soon as I felt myself drifting back into sleep I heard the bedroom door close again. Sehun came back into bed and rolled onto his stomach, having a giggling fit into his pillow.

“What now?”

“My neighbors who used to like me don’t appreciate the sudden inappropriate behavior from last night.” He said, after rolling onto his back.

“And what did you tell them?”

He looked over at me with a smirk. “To buy earplugs for next time.”

He pulled off his shirt and got back under the covers, wrapping me safely in his arms. I didn’t know it was so relaxing to stay in bed all day, yet that is exactly what Sehun and I did. Eventually I stole one of his shirts, and we just lounged around in his apartment.

He kept asking questions about what he’d be able to do now that he was a werewolf, something that would take time adjusting to, though he seemed more excited than anything else.

For one, I told him he would heal his back, but he said he wouldn’t just like I wouldn’t heal his marks all over my body. Not even the ones that weren’t covered by my clothes. There were very few times throughout the day where we wouldn’t be in each other’s arms. It’s like our bodies refused to separate. After sealing the bond, it’s not too surprising that nature required us to be together. I guess after all this time, maybe Sehun was right about the whole soul mate thing. Well, we became soul mates after we sealed it.

We made it to the living room without being all over each other, which seemed to be a struggle since he couldn’t keep his hands off me all day. I didn’t mind the attention, but now that we were sitting in the living room he wanted me on his lap and nowhere else.

One hand was on my waist, the other was rubbing my thigh. We were watching some movie that I had never seen before, Sehun got so defensive about me never seeing the “classics,” as he called them.

There was a huge romantic aspect of the movie, typical really. The characters were so in love with each other and there was a sparkle in both of their eyes. For some reason, watching others in love made me think of Sehun. Physical pleasure aside, I hadn’t thought about what it meant that Sehun mated with me until this very moment, late in the afternoon.

I knew I had a lot of doubt in my mind, no matter what changed in me I’d always have my insecurities. Sehun mating with me meant he had already decided in his mind that he wanted to be with me for the rest of his life. After really getting to know each other for a year, growing first to tolerate me and then loving me? He had given me attention that I had always wanted in my life, the kind of love everyone wants to feel in his or her life.

Of all the times I had tried to read Sehun’s emotions, right now was a very different feeling. As I felt his lips press into the side of my head, there was an emotion that was mutual between us and I knew for the first time, this was something that Sehun and I had both felt because of each other: happiness.

Sehun whispered in my ear once again that he loved it. It was strange hearing those words directed towards me, but having uncertainty feelings now that Sehun could read my thoughts was going to make my life really weird. Because as soon as I thought that Sehun began telling me all the things he loved about me.

“I bet you couldn’t guess the first thing that made me attracted to you.” His voice resonated through my ear, sending shivers down my whole spine. I shook my head and I heard him softly chuckle. “That day when we were at the library and your hair tie broke. You had to wear your hair down the rest of the time, and I struggled not to stare.”

I remembered when that happened, but I could have sworn that was still when he couldn’t even tolerate talking to me. That was when it was still really awkward between the two of us.

He started saying a lot of other reasons why he started falling in love with me and now my mind was in a complete mess. Most of the events Sehun talked about were moments from early on, when I thought I was positive he didn’t like me. It’s not that I didn’t want to believe him; it was just hard to when he made it sound like he had fallen in love with me so long ago, as if he were the entire time.

The more he talked about it, the more embarrassed I got, which I was able to use to my advantage. I played off my confusion with being flustered and blushing but really I was contemplating a lot. And my mind began to churn up horrible thoughts once again, specifically about us mating.

The pits of my stomach turned a horrific sour. Oh God…what if it was horrible for him? What if he compared everything to all of his times with Sera? They were together for so long…I shifted in his arms and stiffened, making it known that I was uncomfortable and alarming Sehun at the same time.

“What’s wrong, Hye?”

I kept silent in fear of my rapidly increasing insecurities. Everything about this will be my first time, the love, the relationship; but Sehun should be experienced in everything.

“Hye?”

Sehun turned so that he could face me, leaving no space between us and forcing me to make direct eye contact with him. His hand caressed my cheek and those deep brown eyes looked straight at me.

“Doesn’t matter if you tell me. I know what you’re thinking.”

Sehun pulled me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my middle. He took my head and pressed it into the crook of his neck and I listened to the calmness of his pulse and began to relax my body.

“I love you.” He whispered in my ear. I knew that. I whispered it back, and his large hands found their way under the shirt I stole from him, rubbing my bare skin. “In Hye you were my first.”

My head shot up in such a shock I made Sehun flinch. He looked at me earnestly, but it didn’t make any sense that someone like Sera wouldn’t have wanted that out of a four-year relationship. Sehun told me that she did want it, but it never felt right to him. Even if they got somewhat close, Sehun was the one to stop it. Something in him told him it wasn’t time yet. I guess nothing stopped his mind from what we did.

For a whole hour Sehun and I sat in complete silence. The situation could have turned awkward quickly, but for some reason being in Sehun’s arms was enough for me. We were completely comfortable in each other’s presence and it made the silence a good thing. Instead of trying to find something to talk about, we enjoyed simply being together.

I turned my head and looked out the window. In the far distance I could see the pine trees of the forest and a thought entered my mind and churned my stomach. I tried pushing back the emotions so that Sehun couldn’t tell what I was thinking, but I hadn’t realized it had been a while since then. There was something that needed to be done, and I was avoiding the moment.

“Sehun, want to go out to the forest?”

He was the same as I, thinking that being comfortable with one another that we didn’t have to go anywhere. His expression read skeptical, one eyebrow raised high on his face. “I…guess we can.”

I took breaths calmly and told him I had to go to the bathroom, when really I was going back into his room to steal an extra pair of clothes from his closet. I shoved them in my bag and snuck into the bathroom to splash water on my face. I couldn’t let the nerves get to me; I knew I had to be calm for him.

I had my bag around my shoulder and took his hand, walking confidently out of his apartment. We walked to the edge of the woods and made our way through, this time by my lead. The plan was to go deep in the forest…just in case. Sehun went along with whatever I was doing, and I hoped he’d forgive me for it.

We made it far enough where I knew there wouldn’t be a soul in sight, we stopped and I told him to take his shirt off. Make it less painful for him. He thought we were going to do something else. Unfortunately I wasn’t into the whole public thing, and that was not the plan in the first place.

I swallowed back my fears and did what had to be done. “I hated it.”

Standing in front of me was a confused and shirtless Sehun. The vagueness of my statement aroused a confusion in him. “Hated what?”

“Mating with you. It felt disgusting.” As I spoke I watched as the emotions in him began to stir. The muscles in his arms flexed and twitched, hands clenching together as the confusion grew stronger. But the key to this was his eyes, flickering back and forth from his deep brown to the unnatural gold.

“In Hye, what are you talking about?”

“I’m saying that I regret mating with you. It was just a stupid mistake. And I lied about everything.” My voice threatened to waver just a little bit, but I stood my ground and watched. His eyes no longer flicked, but were glowing with their gold color.

He was trying to resist any pain that it was bringing him, but I could tell as bones began to crunch and pop out that he was close. Trying to force yourself to stay human would hurt, but anger was necessary.

Sehun began to groan and squirm, falling down on his knees with his hands in the dirt. His spine jutted out, bending in an unnatural way. He was angry enough and at this point there was no stopping the final transformation.

I knelt down next to him, cupping his cheek with my hand. “Sehun let it go. Please, it won’t hurt if you do.”

There were tears in both of our eyes, his were from the pain, mine were because of the pain I knew he needed in order to change. I threw my arms around his whole body, showing to him that I was right here for him to let go completely. His skin transformed to a thick fur, muscles relaxed instead of tensed up. Sehun’s breathing went back to normal and steady. I pulled away from him to look at him better but I couldn’t really believe what I was looking at.

The moment my eyes fully acknowledged the new wolf in front of me was the moment I completely lost it. There was no saying in what kind of wolf Sehun would be. Unlike ever before, I matched with someone else.

I knelt down before Sehun with tears in my eyes. Even though I couldn’t see my own wolf form in full, I imagined this is what it must have felt like for Sehun to see such a majestic white wolf.

A whine past his muzzle, and taking a step closer to me I was able to look into his sparkling gold eyes. Sehun was clearly upset at me for lying, but he still wanted to be near me. I felt it.

He brought his head towards my chest, cuddling against it. My arms wrapped around to his back, fingers tangling through the thick white fur. I kept telling him over and over how sorry I was and how much I truly loved him. He knew that, I knew that. We knew we both loved each other and that’s all that mattered to me. There was no point in being mad because we were together.

Sehun backed up and looked up at me with a certain playful glint in his eyes. Unknowingly to him, his tail wagged and dragged against the dirt. He looked behind himself, confused from the new limb on his body. And then, oh so suddenly. He pounced on me and gave me a huge, wet, slobbery across the face.

“Ew, Sehun!” I wiped my cheek with the back of my hand, which only seemed to make him more amused.

Immediately after I finished wiping my face he pounced on me again, lying on top of me and repeatedly my face over and over again. I screamed and squirmed under him but that didn’t seem to stop him at all. My face was covered in his spit and it didn’t take long for me to burst out in laughter.

The hysterical, hardly breathing, stomach aching kind of laughter. As far as I knew, I couldn’t even remember a time I laughed so hard. Sehun pulled back and looked at me with eyes that only showed his happiness and love.

After his random burst of energy, Sehun started to move around and try to gain balance on his feet. Having all of one’s limb rearranged for the first time was an experienced for him considering that he struggled to even walk. I threw off all my clothes and stashed them away just to change for Sehun.

I was down to his level and realized he was the size of an alpha male, much bigger than I was and a whole lot bulkier. I stood next to him and guided him to learn to walk. It felt strange teaching a 21 year old man something that you learn so young, but he was technically new to the whole wolf thing and therefore technically a baby wolf. I’d keep that to myself to save Sehun’s ego.

The muscles in his legs were weak, which was something I expected. I didn’t expect him to gain strength within minutes. Walking became easy, he started running in circles around me and hopping all over the place in excitement. He learned how to use his voice just like that; with no hesitation, he howled and announced his new presence to the whole world.

Honestly, Sehun was an exhilarating companion. He was the one who suggested we go on a run, and successfully kept pace no matter how fast I welt. Instead, it felt like he was challenging me in a way. I’ve never had someone to push me past my limits until Sehun was right there next to me, trying to run even faster.

We raced in circles around trees and around the lake, everywhere that was known to us, we went. What felt like minutes was actually a full hour long. The time passed and we were one hundred percent worn out. I let Sehun lead us to the spot where we left our clothes and watched as he easily changed back into a man.

“Go ahead and stare at me. You’re next.” Was the first thing he said to me. I didn’t mind him not being shy, but I knew there was no way I could get him to turn around when I changed back. He made himself comfortable, leaning against a tree while his eyes were locked onto my every movement. It gave me just seconds to change into my human form and trow on my clothes as fast a humanly possible. My clothes were on but I couldn’t help but feel embarrassed, especially when he was smirking at me and biting his lip.

He just chuckled and threw his arm around me as we started walking back to his place. Both of us were starving once we got back inside. We automatically walked into the kitchen and rummaged for something to eat. With neither of us knowing how to cook we decided to look something up and try to make it ourselves.

I knew that Myungsoo’s go to when he didn’t know what to make was spaghetti. Instantly, it made me think that it was an easy dish to make. Oh Sehun and Nam In Hye proved that to be very wrong. Apparently making something seemingly simple like boiling noodles was tough for someone who has never cooked in her life.

Sehun, who was trying to make sauce, the heat way too high and it became on of those picturesque movie moments where the pot over boiled and practically exploded all over his kitchen. The place was an absolute mess and the sink was full of dishes neither of us had the energy to clean.

I called Jongin over to bring us food, also remembering that I didn’t tell him Sehun woke up. He hung up immediately after I told him and was at the apartment within 5 minutes with a to-go box of food from his sister’s place. We filled him in on exactly what happened with Sehun and Jongin seemed to be okay with everything. He told us eventually we’d have to show him as proof but he easily left it where it was because he was happy enough that Sehun was awake and not dead.

As soon as Jongin left and all the dishes were thrown into the sink I was dragged back to Sehun’s bedroom and back onto the warm bed. I guess Sehun had a plan for how I would be lying on the bed; he pulled my head onto his chest, wrapped his arms around my middle, and let out a deep, comfortable sigh.

I turned my head up to him and he looked down at me and smiled, completely melting my heart for the countless number of times. Sehun leaned in and gently kissed my lips. Again and again he did this, over and over just gently pecking my lips so, so innocently. Eventually, these little kisses he placed put me to sleep. Another thing about this I could completely get used to, being kissed to sleep. I thought it would be a deep slumber through the morning and be able to have another morning to wake up with Sehun.

Sometime in the middle of the night I was shaken awake.

“Hye, I have an idea! Wake up!” Sehun’s sweet voice wasn’t so sweet at 2 in the morning. I groaned and tried rolling over but he wouldn’t let me. He kept going on about an idea, or surprise. He wanted to go outside at 2 in the morning, and I didn’t know how down I would be to leave the warmth of his bed.

To say that Sehun had a surprise for me was a bit of an understatement. It was the first time I would actually be able to go out at night and he said he wanted to make that special.

He put a blindfold over my eyes, increasing the anxiety I already had in the pits of my stomach. I hated surprises anyways because my life had been filled with so many bad ones. I know it wasn’t right of me to think that Sehun would do anything bad, but I still had that fear in the back of my mind.

It was easy to tell Sehun had taken me into the forest. The easiest clue would have been the smell if Sehun hadn’t already caused me to trip over practically everything in front of me. I couldn’t tell just by the surroundings exactly where we were and it was slowly eating me alive.

We finally came to a stop but the blindfold remained covering my eyes. Sehun came up from behind me and pulled my back against his chest. Warmth immediately consumed me, and if this was the surprise I would have been perfectly okay with that.

The blindfold tugged off my face and my night vision kicked in. We were at the lake, and all around us were little flickering lights, hovering over the lake like strung lights.

“I came here the night you told me you used to watch for fireflies. You said you missed this…so…I thought…”

He stuttered through embarrassment and his body temperature started rising as he was hugging me. I squirmed in his arms and turned around to face him with his bright red cheeks.

I tiptoed up to him and softly planted a kiss to his lips. “You are kind of amazing.”

He hummed. “Only kind of?”

I smiled up at him and turned back out to look at the little lightning bugs. It didn’t feel like this was happening at all; just like I was reliving an old memory. I walked up closer to the lake and took my shoes off. My feet touched the cool mud, toes wiggling down.

The fireflies were practically surrounding me as I held out my hand. A little one landed on my hand and I brought it up close to my face. I don’t know why, but I felt such a great sense of joy from something so simple. I couldn’t distinguish whether it was from the fireflies or from knowing that Sehun did this for me. Who knows, maybe it was a little bit of both combined.

I kept my hand steady and turned back to see Sehun with an amazing smile on his face. I held up my hand and smiled back at him. Even though the scene itself was absolutely beautiful, I was actually glad that I didn’t have my camera on me. This kind of moment I just wanted to enjoy with Sehun alone; no distractions from my camera.

Sehun always did joke that he wanted to be more important than my camera. Although, I think he has been much more important for a long time now. I wouldn’t let him know that, only for now.

It was close to sunrise, I could barely stay awake anymore and all the fireflies were starting to disappear with the light. Sehun knelt down and carried me on his back, and for some reason this was the one thing that really made us feel like a couple; a piggyback ride of all things.

Here and now I wanted to ask him what I was to him. I leaned my head into his neck and hummed against his skin. He giggled a little and turned to kiss the top of my head. These little kisses were something I never expected from him. Yeah, I had seen him kissing Sera before but the little signs of affection he was showing me made me feel so amazingly loved.

“Sehun, am I your girlfriend?”

His pace slowed down a little bit, but he soon picked it back up again. “If you want to be.”

My pulse pounded as the realization that maybe Sehun didn’t want me to be officially together with him. All these different thoughts swarmed my head once again.

“Okay, no. No, wait that sounded bad. I mean, girlfriend…yeah. You’re my girlfriend. But as long as you’re near I’m okay without the whole title.”

I felt my heart melting at the sound of that. I didn’t think of it that way, but it was kind of cute to think about being together was enough to make him happy. It was enough to make me happy too. Cheesy, but it was true.

Completely exhausted, we got back to Sehun’s apartment and crashed on the bed. He pulled me in his arms tightly, almost feeling like he was afraid if I was going to leave. There was a point I needed to go home, it had already been two weeks since I have been living with Sehun. With these things going through my mind, Sehun already knew what I was thinking.

“What if I didn’t want you to leave?”

\In all honesty, I didn’t want to leave. I wanted to stay wrapped in Sehun’s arms another night, letting his warmth and scent consume me completely. Something Sehun didn’t realize was that Woohyun checked up on my secretly. But knowing that Woohyun had been checking up on me ever since I started staying here, it would be difficult to get away with another night.

Sehun turned his head so that his lips were pressed against my head. “Can’t you stay?”

“I should probably go home.”

“What if this was your home?”

I lifted my face off his chest and looked him directly in the eyes, absolutely bewildered. He held a strong gaze back at me and tugged me back into the same comfortable little nook of his chest that I had previously occupied.

“Well…I mean we are basically going to be together for the rest of our lives right? I don’t think you living with your brother for the rest of your life is going to be the best idea.”


EEEEEEEE He asked her to live with him! :D Sorry the update took so long the past few weeks have been super weird with schedules :| But good news is I am almost done with this job and there are probably only two more chapters left of Wolf Princess! Still mentally preparing myself for that one. Enjoy :D