chapter 5

I, you, her.

Jinyoung's POV

Eunhye still didn't come to class. Her academic advisor called me to his office and asked me what happened to her. It was impossible for me to say that Eunhye became like this because of Nichkhun hyung so I just said to her academic advisor that Eunhye was sick.

What a lie. 

"Really? Although she is sick, she should have sent us at least a confirmation letter so we could understand." The academic advisor explained. 

"Alright sir. I will tell her about it." I told. He sighed. 

***

I looked at my arloji and realized that there was a class 5minutes again. I rushed to the class. when I reached the door class I felt relieved because I found that the lecturer hadn't come. 

"Excuse me, you are blocking the way." There was a girl voice behind me all of sudden. Hearing that voice, I realized that I was standing in the middle of the doorway. I turned around and bowed immediately. 

"I'm sorry. you can go in now." I said as I moved aside and gestured my hand to let her go in. 

"You?" I found her voice was so familiar. I turned my sight to her and startled.

"You? What are you doing here?" I asked her. Totally died in curiosity. 

"Jinyoung, Bomi, let me go in please." She and I turned our heads at the same time. The lecturer was standing there close to us and smiling sweetly yet scary. I rushed in and found my chair, so did Bomi.

Wait, so her name was Bomi. That somewhat annoying girl sitting in the front name was Bomi. It was a sweet name for a tough girl like her. But she was beautiful, I admitted it.

***

"Jinyoung-shi!"

I heard a girl called my name when I was walking out of the class after the lecture ended.  I turned my head a bit and saw her from the corner of my eyes. 

"What? I don't have any time to argue with you." I gave her a poker face. 

"So your name is Jinyoung." She said.

I just smirked and continued my pace but she ran after me and grabbed my hand. I stopped and my eyes got wider. I turned my head again and I saw her smile warmly. 

"What? I have to go. Why do you keep dist.." 

"I want to say sorry. However, I'm the one who have to say sorry, right?" She cut my words. 

"What? Why are you so sudden?" She just gave another smile and passed me who was still standing there. I was totally confused. I ruffled my hair in frustation. 

***

Our photography club had a project with the swimming club that day. We had to take some photos from the swimming club event. They held a kind of member recruitment tests and they needed our help to record the whole event. I grabbed my camera in my car and quickly headed to the one and only indoor swimming pool here in my campus.

"Annyeonghaseyo everyone!!"

I gasped when I heard a cheerful yet familiar voice of a girl from the entrance of the indoor swimming pool. I was preparing my photography equipment with three of my clubmates and I turned my head heavily to that voice source and frowned, finding Bomi was waving her hand happily towards everyone here. 

Bomi's POV

"I want to say sorry. However, I'm the one who have to say sorry, right?" I cut his words. He asked something after that but I just smiled and walked, leaving him there.

I had to go. I looked at my arloji and smiled bitterly. 

Will i make it?

"Annyeonghasseyo everyone!!" I greeted and waved my hands to all people here cheerfuly. I saw them also waved their hands towards me with smile. 

"Ah you're here. Are you ready for the  test?" One of the swimming club members, Hyeri unnie, said. 

"Ofcourse I'm ready unnie." I smiled at her.

I took a glance at some people behind her. I was a little bit startled when I saw him there. Jinyoung was there with 3 of his friends. He had a camera with him. I was staring at him curiously when he also took a glace at me all of sudden, making an eye-contact. He immediately turned his head around. I guessed he was kinda shy but for me he was attractive. I admitted it. I liked him when he was trying to be cool. I liked his poker face. he was also handsome with that poker face. I smiled with my eyes still stuck on him.

Jinyoung's POV

"Jinyoung-ah, that girl is looking at you with smile. I guess she likes you." One of my clubmate whispered.

I didn't say anything in reply and just saw at him with an irritating look. He bumped my shoulder and laughed. 

What the hell is she doing?

Bomi's POV

It was the time for me to show my skill in the pool. I took a doubtful pace and I was sure everyone knew it. 

"Bomi-shi, why are you being so doubtful right now? Just show us your ability in the water. Take it easy Bomi-shi."

The leader of the swimming club said to me as his palm patted my shoulder. 

"Ah..yeah. I'm just, you know, nervous." I said

I calmed myself and tried to be brave. But my mind suddenly threw back all the memories when I swam with my father back then. We had a very happy time together in the pool.

"Bomi-shi?" The leader patted my shoulder again, making me came back to my sense.

"O, oh. Okay I'm going." I said as I walked closer to the pool and got ready in my position. As soon as I heard the leader yelled "Three!" I jumped into the water and realized that I could make it.

But something went wrong when I almost reached the finish line. I saw my mother was crying at her died husband in the water. I lost my balance all of sudden. I felt my body was aching all over and my moves getting weaker. All I could hear after that was just the sound of water splash. I could feel people was starting to jump into the water...