chapter 4

I, you, her.

Eunhye's POV

I received a message from Hana unnie. She wanted to have a cup of coffee with me in a cafè near campus. After the class ended I rushed to the cafè. When I arrived there, I saw her was shipping her latte, I guessed. I walked closer and she realized my presence. 

"Oh hi Eunhye. Sit here. I don't know your taste so I just ordered an iced latte, is that alright?" She asked me sweetly. 

"It's okay. I drink everything." I answered as I sat and put down my bag in the next chair.

 "Ah. Okay great then." She sighed.

 "Why did you ask me to be here unnie?" I asked her with a poker face. 

"That..okay first, I want to say sorry." She said as she grabbed something in her bag. 

"Sorry for what?" I asked, curious about what happened. 

"Here. It is a letter for you from Nichkhun oppa." My eyes got wider because of the letter and the word 'oppa'. 

"But the envelope.."

"I've read it. Mianhae" She said with her head down.

"Mwo? Why did you do such a thing?" I asked, a little bit annoyed.

"That was the same question I asked to Nichkhun oppa when he handed me that letter. What is you for him until he wrote that letter?" She smirked.

"What did he answer you?"

"Why are you so curious about that?"

I could feel that she was jealous.

The weather completely changed compared to when I first came just now.

"Read it so you know what happened." Hana unnie said with her eyes still stuck on the letter in my right hand.

What kind of nonsense you are trying to pull? How can I read the letter in front of you? Tsk. I really hate this typical insecure girlfriend.

"What is the second thing you want to say?" I asked her again.

"Ah, thank you for everything. Without you, Nichkhun oppa would never meet me at that time." She said with those eyes were looking to other side.

She wanted to deny an eye-contact with me. I gulped when I heard those words.

Jinyoung's POV

I couldn't find where she was. I had been calling and sending her so many calls and messages but she didn't answer nor reply any of those. I ruffled my hair in frustation cause I didn't know where she was. I tried to call her once again and yelled at her as she answered my call for the first time that day. 

"Yah! Where are you? I've been searching for you until I'm out of my breath right.."  

"I'm sorry. I'm already home." She cut my words.

"Ah really?" I sighed in relieved. 

"Huum." She assured me. 

"Okay, I'm going home. Bye." I ended the call. But something wasn't right about her. Her voice was kinda shaky. I dialed her number again.

"Yeoboseyo? What are you doing? Are you sick? Your voice sounds like it." I said. 

"I'm just not feeling well." She answered with a very weak voice. I heard her sobs.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her immediately, knowing that she was crying. 

"Ah..right. You're Jinyoung who knows everything about me." 

"Is it because of Nichkhun hyung again?"  I asked her sadly.

"You know, I'm very happy now. I've just realized that I was the one who gave him to her." She cried.

She ended the call.

I blinked my eyes for times. I told myself there were no men crying so I shouldn't cry. 

***

Her condition just got worst day by day since her love left. She frequently skipped classes and even meals. I felt like I just couldn't reach her anymore. She got farther. I really thought it was the end. She didn't called me since that night. Even nothing for just a message. 

Should I leave you? Leave you for a while, or forever? 

I talked to my right palm in front of my face, imagining if it was Eunhye's face.

Everytime I came to her house, her mom said she didn't want to meet anyone. I really didn't know what to do. 

***

Another Sunday had come. I sat in our favorite bench in the park near Eunhye's house; more like Eunhye's favorite bench because I just followed her wherever she sat. But now I was still all alone by myself, not knowing what to do with Eunhye.

Suddenly a ball hit my head quite hard. I couldn't help but shouted immediately and looked around for an explanation. A girl with long brown wavy hair came closer with a worried face.

"A..are you okay? I'm sorry my little brother was kinda upset with me and he threw the ball randomly." She explained with her palms were trying to get to my head. I coughed. 

"What the hell was it? What are your hands doing!!" I shouted to her as I tried to get rid of her palms. She gasped.

"Yah! I was trying to check what happened to your head. But I think you are okay since you are still able to shout at me like that." She shouted back at me. My eyebrows frowned and my chin fell.

I looked her deep at her eyes. I could say that they were beautiful. I was totally mad at her but it was impossible for an ordinary guy like me to deny it. 

"Yah! Stop looking at me like that!" She bumped me right in my head, making me stood up from the bench and pointing my point finger right to her eyes. 

"Yah! You! Who, how dare you! We just met a while ago and you did that? What kind of girl you are? hhh." I sighed heavily. She coughed. 

"I've tried my best to say sorry but I don't know what is in your mind that you are mad at me like my little brother was throwing a bomb instead of a ball." She talked without even took a single breath first.

I startled. I just realized that I was too much towards this girl. I shouldn't have shouted at her. It was all because I was too stress out thinking about Eunhye. My mind was filled with anger and confuseness. I couldn't be like this to others who didn't know anything.  I turned ma head down.

"Sorry." I said as I took a pace, wanting to leave the park. She just stood like a stone there, looking at a messy me.