Chapter 8

Angel Eyes

 

Chapter 8

Meanwhile, the back hug, Taecyeon is giving Yoona they were interrupted when Taemin calls Yoona from the fire station parking lot. Asking her thatThey should go for a coffee and telling Yoona that he’ll wait for her. He understands what she said to him (that she wants to break up with him) BUT, she is in his heart and he cannot make that stop. Taemin tells her to do what she wants…l`l be here waiting…so, come back to me. “This is not something I need to get your permission for. I am unilaterally notifying you. End of announcement.” Then Taemin leaves. While, Taecyeon findsYoona on “their steps” thinking about Taemin. She asks him what should she do. He puts his arm around her and pulls her to him in response.

     

Meanwhile,Taemin’s mom passes by his office. She alertly notices that he seems to be despondent. Taemin denies that Yoona has nothing to do with his mood. She tells Taemin that he has to be the best at everything. He deflects her by saying lots of people are better than him and the best thing for him is being her son. She replies that the best thing in the world is being Mom to Taemin.

Moreover, Taecyeon is stealing food off from Yoona’s plate and she steals food back. Chansung declares they must have been spouses in a former life.

They take an emergency call and it is a good thing that Taecyeon is there. He treats the patient on the spot, saving his life. The ER team is stunned when Taecyeon enters with the patient (they thought he was in America). Taemin chides Taecyeon for not coming back to the hospital. 5taecyeon reminds him that being a fire fighter was his childhood dream but his second father inspired him to be a doctor. Now he has the best of both worlds.  Taecyeon tells Taemin that his real name is Ok Taecyeon. That name does not ring any bells for Taemin.Taecyeon says he wants to tell Taemin something and just as Taemin is ready to listen an emergency phone call requiresTaemin to leave.

Further,Yuri and Yoona discuss about Taecyeon being back in town. Yuri is supportive because Yoona is obviously happy. Yuri recommends Yoona to tell Taemin quickly.

Taecyeon brings dinner to Detective Kim who tells him that his father would be pleased that he is following in his footsteps by working at the fire station. Detective Kim tells taecyeon that he and Detective Lee are looking into the hit and run case of his mother. Taecyeon is thankful. Detective Kim tells him they have not done anything yet so wait on the thanks.

While, a petite girl gets off the bus in front of the fire station and calls to Ian who smiles and yells “Summer!”. They hug, thrilled to see each other. Everyone thinks she is Taecyeon’s girlfriend including Yoona who leaves in a huff. Taecyeon calls Yoona so he can introduce her but she hangs up on him. Yoona and Yuri text about the situation and Yuri thinks the girl is Taecyeon’s girlfriend.Taecyeon finds Yoona and asks if perhaps she is jealous of his visitor. Yoona haughtily tells him this is a work place and personal business should not be conducted here. Taecyeon smiles and states that Yoona is indeed jealous and he is LOVING it. Summer overhears and tells Yoona she left many men behind her in America. Yoona excuses herself and starts to leave but Summer blocks her way. With tears in her eyes Summer asks if Yoona can see her. While, Yoona is mystified. Summer tells Yoona that she is pretty and too good for her shabby brother. Yoona remembers Taecyeon’s little sister Sooyoung said that years ago. Both women get teary and hug it out.

Moreover, Taemin tells Yoona’s father that Taecyeon is working side by side with Yoona in the fire station. Yoona’s father is surprised and NOT happy at this news. Yoona’s father asks Taemin if there is a problem with his relationship with Yoona. Taemin does not deny there is an issue but is confident they can work through it. Yoona’s father tells Taemin not to give up.

After Taecyeon walks Yoona home, Yoona’s father spies on them from the 2nd floor, calls Taecyeon and asks him to come over the following evening.

Summer shops. While, Chansung day dreams of Summer.

Detective Lee meets Detective Kim. She has  narrowed down the possible cars to six models which yields 836 potential cars.

Taecyeon heads to Yoona’s house. He is nervous hoping that tonight her Yoona’s father will recognize him as a potential son-in-law. Taecyeon and Yoona’s father greet each other and Yoona comes in the room surprised to see Taecyeon. But the surprises does not end there.Yoona’s Father has invited Taemin over too. The awkward foursome sit together and Yoona’s Father drops the bomb that Taecyeon is his son, though not related by blood. Yoona’s Father asks that Yoona and Taemin (he addresses them as a couple) consider Taecyeon part of the family. Taemin is thrilled that Taecyeon will be his brother one day. Yoona’s Father tells both men they will be brother-in-laws. Yoona starts to protest but is cut off when Taemin asks WHY did your Father not acknowledge Taecyeon when he worked at the hospital. Craftily Yoonas Father says it was Taecyeon’s idea that he did not want an advantage at work because of their relationship and he just went along with the lie. Both men leave the house and Taemin tells Taecyeon he really is pleased that they’ll be brother-in-laws. He considers Taecyeon a friend and confidant. Taemin says Yoona must be like a sister to Taecyeon. He asks Taecyeon to take care of her for him.

Meanwhile,Yoona tries to talk to her father about pulling away from Taemin and moving towards Taecyeon but he claims he is tired and avoids the conversation. Yoona has an issue with some of the men in her life (her father and Taemin) not wanting to hear what she has to say. They believe they can avoid hearing her and can convince her to acquiesce to what they want. 

Taecyeon and Yoona meet at the steps struggling to believe the evening events. Taecyeon recommends they tell Taemin the truth with sincerity. Yoona is afraid of the pain the truth will cause. Taecyeon says he’ll tell Taemin. He’ll take whatever Taemin wants to give him in return.Yoona comments she will be good to her father since he helped Taecyeon and Sooyoung after their mother’s death. She worries again how hurt Taemin will be once Taecyeon tells him that he is romantically interested in Yoona. They vow to get through it together.

Taemin gets a text for a dinner reservation that he had made in the past. He had planned to propose to Yoona at the dinner that he has prepared. He decides to call Yoona and invites her to dinner. At first Yoona says she has to work late. Reminding her she has to eat, she agrees saying there is something she needs to tell him.Taecyeon then calls Taemin because there is something he needs to tell him. Taemin says he has an appointment (his dinner with Yoona) and maybe next time they can meet. Then Yoona’s Dad calls Taecyeon to meet him.

Taemin and Yoona meet for dinner. She wants to tell Taemin about Taecyeon but like a little kid putting fingers in his ears so he can not hear the bad news, Taemin asks that they just have a casual dinner together. The rest of the dinner is awkward as Yoona is silent and Taemin pretends nothing is wrong.

Yoona’s dad and Taecyeon meet.Yoona’s Dad says now he understands why Yoona choose to be a paramedic. He continues that he will acknowledge that Taecyeon feels affection for Yoona. Hope springs eternal in Taecyeon who thinks maybe he will receive approval to date Yoona. But no, Yoona’s Dad states emphatically no romance. He tells Taecyeon to yield to his wishes. Taecyeon respectfully states he can not deny his feelings for Yoona, she is the love of his life. He ought not; he does not. Yoona’s Dad tries to convince Taecyeon NOT to tell Taemin. Taecyeon says he must tell Taemin. Yoona’s Dad seethes with anger and strikes Taecyeon telling him to get out. Taecyeon asks WHY can’t it be him? WHY can’t he accepted as Yoona’s love? WHY when Father likes him so much? Just like he did with Yoona, Yoona’s Dad avoids the conversation by leaving.

Yoona’s Dad goes to a bar and starts drinking. He looks at his hand, the hand that took off Taecyeon’s mother’s oxygen mask. In desperation he calls Taemin’s mother and confesses all about Taecyeon’s mother’s death and his part in it. She is surprisingly accepting of his behavior saying parents will ANYTHING to protect their children.Yoona’s Dad is freaking out calling himself a sinner. She calmly says these things can happen…they can happen. Yoona’s Dad continues…as a murderer I couldn’t turn my back on Taecyeon even though it was risky…this is God’s punishment for murdering Taecyeon’s mother.

The awkward dinner is done and Yoona declines Taemin’s offer to drive her home preferring to walk. Taemin says he’ll wait for her just like he said he’d do on their first date. Turns out he was late on their first date and Yoona got angry about that, stalking off. Taemin stopped her telling her he would wait as long as necessary for her to come to him. It starts raining while Yoona walks and thinks about this. Taemin walks and thinks about the same thing. Taecyeon walks and thinks about how Yoona’s father will not accept him. They are all slowly walking distracted in the rain. Taecyeon and Yoona are surpised to meet. She looks forlorn and he hugs her asking if she saw Taemin.  Yoona marvels that Taemin kept smiling and talking like nothing was wrong. Taecyeon and Yoona continue hugging. Meanwhile, Across the street Taemin watches them stunned to see them hugging. 


Author`s Note:

Annyeong... sorry for the late update.... i hope u guys like it, comment of what you guys think of this chapter.

DON’T FORGET TO SUBCRIBE BELOW! 

-Yumi21