Chapter 10

Angel Eyes

Chapter 10

Therefore, Yoona and Taecyeon were cooking dinner at his apartment. Turns out that Taecyeon's not that good of a cook and Yoona is stymied how he managed in America. Ah America, where if you so desire, you can purchase your food so others have done the cooking for you. While, Taecyeon and Yoona are enjoying a delicious dinner and each other’s company, Taemin is drinking soju. Yuri shows up noting he seems to be lacking a drinking buddy. Taemin wants to know when Yuri knew that Ian was Taecyeon. He asks if she’s like everyone else laughing at him while he was the fool not knowing who Taecyeon really was.  Why did his love with Yoona evaporate for this mythical first love?

     

While,Taecyeon does the dishes Yoona takes the opportunity to snoop in Taecyeon’s room so she can put the mp3 player (presumably with a message from her to him) where he’ll find it. Yoona finds a box of old letters, all of them addressed to her, from Taecyeon, returned to him stamped address unknown. Yoona was stunned there are so many letters. Taecyeon finds her with the letters and tries to take them back. She says they are HER letters. Taecyeon doesn’t want her to read the letters, they are so old and must be embrassing. Plus he snipes she NEVER wrote him a letter. Yoona counters she never had his address. He says he left it at the hospital with an initial letter. Yoona wonders why she never received the letter with his address. Taecyeon guesses that her dad took the letter with the address. Taecyeon decides not to share his theory with her as it will hurt her. Taecyeon distracts her by proposing she write him a letter then he will return a bundle of letters to her. Yoona complains but says she’ll write him a letter.

Taemin’s mother is reviewing Taecyeon’s mother’s medical file. She stares at the picture of his mother remembering how she stole into her room and injected something into Taecyeon’s mother’s IV. Something that caused that cardiac arrest? That she killed Taecyeon’s mother.

Taecyeon walks Yoona home,while, Taemin watches from his car. When Taemin returns home, his Mother is waiting to tell him that he’s drinking too much and he’s late to work too often. With tough love she tells him his love is turning him into a fool and it is time to end the engagement and call off the wedding. Taemin is shocked. Taemin’s  mother repeats the message, and ends it with Yoona. Taemin asks why. His mother say that Yoona is ruining him and she never wanted a girl like that to be his life partner. She claims Yoona is unlucky and he needs to end it.

At the hospital, Taemin’s mother sees Dr. Lee in her office. She asks why he is seeing Yoona’s father. Does he want a position at the hospital? Dr. Lee is amazed she’s found out. He says he wants a position as chief of the pharmacy. She responds with his drug problem that is like asking a cat to care for a fish. However she agrees IF he’ll do something for her.

Taecyeon reads about Halley’s Comet Meteor Shower at the planetarium and asks Yoona to go with him. First she meets Taemin’s mother where the mood is tense and awkward. Taemin’s mother sees Taecyeon’s mother when she looks into Yoona’s eyes. Ji Woon’s mother remembers how she used to date on Yoona when she was young. She asks Yoona straight out “Do you love Taemin”? Yoona looks pained and does not answer. Taemin’s Mother says Taemin loves her but she does not think that Yoona loves Taemin. She asks if she’s right. No answer again. Taemin’s Mother says Taemin will never marry anyone else but Yoona. Finally, Yoona finds her voice and says she has already told Taemin that she can’t marry him. Taemin's Mom is shocked. She bluntly asks if there is another man in the picture. That was one too many direct questions and Yoona leaves. Taemin’s mother is nonplussed. Who is this girl that does not love and want to marry HER son? She gets a call from the police captain telling her they’ve got a bit of a problem. While, Detective Kim checking out all the cars on the list from 2009 eliminating ones that don’t fit as he goes. He and Yuri continue to go through the paperwork and he gets frustrated. Yuri suggets making the investigation official so they’ll have more resources. Detective Kim gets angry and is adamant she can NEVER talk about this investigation. Yuri asks about Taecyeon’s witness statement that the car was blue per Taecyeon’s mother’s last words. Detective Kim brushes this information off as not reliable.

Yoona finds Taecyeon at the planetarium with a telescope, tent and chairs on the roof to view Halley’s Comet Meteor Shower. Taecyeon asks Yoona to promise not to get hurt or die AND to live long. She is touched and calls him kind. Taecyeon says he isn’t kind at all. He hates his father, the man that left his mother behind. Taecyeon declares he’ll never forgive his father for leaving his mother. Taecyeon asks Yoona to promise him and she agrees complete with cute pinky swear. They watch the comet together. Taecyeon back hug her and wraps a blanket around Yoona while they watch. She looks back at him and he quickly kisses her. She keeps looking at him and he goes in for a several more kisses, meanwhile the comet shower is all around them.

Sooyoung shows up at the Team Leader Wooyoung's apartment and Chansung is thrilled to see her. She seems to hit it off with Team Leader Wooyong's son. Team Leader Wooyoung is concerned about her but Chansung tells him it will be fine.  Team Leader is assured by Chansung’s confidence in Sooyoung.

        

At a restaurant Taemin, his mother and Yoona’s father wait in a private dinner room. Taemin wonders who they are waiting for and why are they here. Yoona enters the room much to Taemin’s surprise. Taemin’s mother is direct and says she called this meeting to confirm what Yoona said to her previously. She asks if Yoona will marry Taemin.Yoona confirms that she cannot marry Taemin.  Taemin’s mother declares their relationship is over because Yoona does not love Taemin. Yoona’s father and Taemin are blindsided by her blunt words. Taemin and Yoona leave. Taemin’s mother says to Yoona’s father, it is over. She tells him he knows very well that they can’t change this and they can’t be in-laws. She leaves. Taemin berates his mother for the blindside tactics. She calmly tells him this isn’t about patience but self esteem. How can he wait when Yoona says she likes another man? She tells him to get his act together and leaves.

When Chansung and Team Leader Wooyoung reurns home and the house is in shambles with Sooyoung and his son enjoying water guns INSIDE the house. Team Leader Wooyoung is stunned. Chansung tells him he’ll clean up the mess.

Taecyeon meets Yoona at the planetarium and she tells him her engagement to Taemin is officially broken. Taecyeon tells her that Taemin loved her because she is a good woman. She asks Taecyeon what do we do when our love feel tormenting?  He pulls her to him and tells her you cannot deny love, for if you do, you are not living.

Yoona’s father is bummed out at the hospital. He goes for a walk and is stunned to see Dr. Lee who is introduced as the new pharmacy chief. He learns Yoona's mother hired him. He goes to Taemin’s mother who tells him she is keeping his enemy close so she can monitor him. She tells him to leave Dr. Lee to her.

Taemin is lackluster at work and everyone has noticied it.

Taecyeon asks Yoona out and they shop at the mall for Parents Day. Yoona picks out a tie for her father and Taecyeon gets him a potted carnation. As a special bonus Taecyeon picks out a pretty purse for Yoona remembering his mother telling him that women need purses and clothes from the men who care for them. Taecyeon walks Yoona home. He gives her the plant to give to her father. He says he does not want to upset her father by giving it to him personally. Meanwhile Yoona's Dad is in the study looking at the snatched letter that Taecyeon left at her bedside before he left for America. Yoona's Dad leaves the study to get medicine. Yoona enters the studylooking for her father and leaves the gifts on the desk. She spots the letter, picks it up, and realizes her father kept Taecyeon’s address and letters from her.

          

When Yoona's father returns she asks him why did he keep this from her?  Yoona's father says he thought it was better that she not know. Yoona's father says he thought she’d get over it in time and thought it was the best thing for her. Yoona asks how could he deceive her for 10 years, keep in contact with Taecyeon and tell her NOTHING? Why, why, WHY? Yoona's Dad says he loves her and Taecyeon but their destinies are separate. She is upset at her father’s arrogance and leaves.

On the bus She reads the letter Taecyeon wrote so many years ago telling her that he was thrilled her surgery was successful so she could read this letter but he had 2 bad things to tell her. Number 1 his mother had died and number 2 he and Sooyoung had to leave immediately for America for her surgery. He apologizes and tells her he’ll write and call her. Yoona heads straight to Taecyeon’s house. Taecyeon is surprised to see her and when she cries and says she is sorry repeatedly he hugs her tightly. He puts her to bed with his sister, calls her father letting him know where she is. Yoona's father thanks him and reads the noteTeacyeon wrote for him with the parents day gift. In the note Taecyeon tells him that he hopes next year he’ll be more accepting of his love for Yoona.

The next day, Yoona,Sooyoung and Taecyeon were swapping eggs until Taecyeon ends up with the broken one. The ladies high five each other. Yoona tells Taecyeon she misses his mother and being able to say thank you and I love you to her. Taecyeon notes because his father ditched them, his mother knew better than most that life could change in an instant. Taecyeon tells Yoona that she should return to her father’s house. She agrees and when her father comes homes she is cooking him dinner. He is relieved to have Yoona back. After supper she asks her father to accept Taecyeon because he saved her from despair so many years ago. She asks her father if he ever forgot about her mother? Yoona gets on her knees and says Taecyeon can make her happy. She apologizes for hurting people but cries that she wants to be happy. Yoona's father cries and pulls away leaving her in tears on her knees.  Yoona's father visits Yoona's Mother’s grave. He tells her that Yoona and Taecyeon are hurting because of him and he’s tried of the struggle. He loves Taecyeon and wants his children happy. He asks what should he do?

Taecyeon and Yoona’s father go fishing together. Taecyeon tells him that he needs to take care of his health. Taecyeon remembers the happy times they spent together. Taecyeon tells him that now is the most important time with him. He asks Taecyeon if he hates him. Taecyeon tells him he understands his reticence about their relationship.  With that  Yoona's Dad finally says “Make her happy, our Yoona”. 

Taecyeon heads to the hospital and gives Yoona the good news. Yoona's father approves of their relationship. She can’t believe it. They hug each other tightly. They finally have the green light for their relationship to proceed! I’m going to savor the moment. They are in each other’s arms and were happy.


Author's Note: Chapter 10 is done!!! Enjoy reading :)