Chapter 9

Angel Eyes

Chapter 9

Taemin saw Taecyeon and Yoona hugging in the rain.

Taecyeon and Yoona talk about her evening. She’s sorry that it was an important night for Taemin and she didn’t even remember the significance of the date until later. She’s sorry she’s hurting him. But what was more important for her was that Taecyeon was waiting for her, is here for her now. Taecyeon is sorry for hurting Taemin too. Taecyeon says before he came back to Korea he’d ask himself how is he better than Taemin? He recognized that he wasn’t (better than Taemin). He does not want Yoona to get hurt or cry. But, Taecyeon declares he is going to be greedy for Yoona and NOT LET HER GO. Taecyeon tells Yoona to not feel free to hurt Taemin around him. They feel sorry for the hurt Taemin feeling. Taecyeon says “Let’s not be sorry about each other”. 

       

Yoona’s father and Taemin’s mother return to his house confirming their friendship for each other. After, Yoona’s father leaves the car, Taemin’s mother calls a private investigator to have Taecyeon investigated.

 

Taecyeon and Chansung bring a patient to the Emergency Room and Taecyeon advises further treatment. While, Taemin flatly states HE IS the doctor that will prescribe further treatment. Taecyeon agrees that he overstepped.Then, Taemin asks Taecyeon for a drink after work. Chansung and Taecyeon split. Taemin asks the emergency team to notify him of all patients brought in by the fire department especially ones from Taecyeon. The emergency team cutely wonder what is going on? Why is there an awkward atmosphere between the two doctors? The nurse guesses it is because Taecyeon isn’t working in the ER any more and Taemin is angry. Her co worker congratulates her for being so sharp and her eagles eyes. 

At the bar, Taemin talks about first loves are childish as fantasies. Taecyeon counters that first love aren’t childish at all. When separated they constantly think of each other. Taemin now reveals he knows about Taecyeon and Yoona when he asks “What would you do if the woman you intend to marry has her first love show up and she wavers?” Taecyeon then says “I’ve got something to tell you though it seems like you already know”. Taemin states he need to confirm it and asks Taecyeon if he gave Yoona the precious whistle. Taecyeon confirms this. Taemin ask and wanted to know WHY did Taecyeon pretend not to know Yoona? Taecyeon tells him because he didn’t want to make things difficult for her. Then WHY reverse this?  Taecyeon tells him he learned that to deny her, I'll hurt Yoona more. Taemin tries to minimize first love but Taecyeon corrects him and says that first love is something that can not be forgotten for the rest of your lives. Taemin firmly tells Taecyeon to return to America. While,Taecyeon firmly says no, he can not leave. taecyeon starts to leave and Taemin stops him, reminding him that he’ll protect Yoona to the end and then punches him.

     

Meanwhile, Taemin heads to Yoona’s house and sits outside, under the influence and seriously bummed out. Then, Yoona comes out to speak with him. Taemin sees the whistle necklace and reaches to touch it. Yoona pulls away. While, taemin declares he’ll be the man to win her heart and he’s willing to wait for her. 

 

While,Yuri meets Taecyeon who is drinking soju. She declares that she cannot be on his side in this, that she is neutral between the two men. Yuri acknowledges that first love is the fate that Taecyeon and Yoona believe it. Yuri say relationships after first loves can be fate too. Yuri does confirm that Yoona’s heart is with Taecyeon. 

Next morning, Taecyeon contemplating life in the steamy bathroom. In the kitchen Sooyoung says she’s going to start looking for a part-time job citing that their mother said you need to be working to earn your keep in life. Turns out that the Team Leader’s nanny is quitting and is in need of a baby sitter. Taecyeon mentions that Sooyoung babysat in America. hile, Chansung is THRILLED, mumbling that “this is a fate made in the heavens”.

          

Meanwhile, Yoona observes the lip cut on Taecyeon and places a call to him describing a patient she knows that has a lip cut. Taecyeon smiles and says he’d recommend some ointment and a bandage. Yoona knocks on his office door with a first aid kit. She applies the ointment but Taecyeon refuses the bandage, not manly it seems to sport a bandage. Yoona correctly guesses that Teacyeon met with Taemin the previous evening. Taecyeon wonders why do violent people surround Yoona? He admits that Yuri had also hit him in the past. Yoona laughs saying that Yuri’s fists pack a punch. 

       

Yoona and the Team Leader are on an emergency call with a guy that threatens to jump off a roof. The wind blows knocking the guy over and Yoona grabs his foot and the Team Leader grabs her foot….then all three of them fall off the roof onto the air mattress below. While, two terrified men (Taecyeon and Taemin) racing through the hospital to see Yoona. They both pause at the door to the emergency room. Seeing Yoona, The boys glares at each other.Taemin says “I’ll take care of my woman, go back”. Taecyeon fights back saying “I was here first (in Yoona’s life) and I’m not going to hesitate any longer”. Then, Yoona enters the conversation fine except for a single bandage on her forehead. Asking Taemin to speak with her outside.

Outside, Yoona tells Taemin that she is going to talk to her father and he should talk to his mother and say that she can not marry him. Taemin asks what reason would he give his mother. Yoona says that she’s not good enough. Taemin rejects that it is untrue. Yoona says then tell her I love another man.But, Taemin says you can’t tell the parents anything definitive, our story isn’t done. Taemin says don’t be hasty. 

       

Taecyeon waits for Yoona to return from the conversation with Taemin. She’s looking a bit worn and he sweetly takes her hand and leads her to a bench. Taecyeon admits he was terrified when he got the call about Yoona, that it took him back to a similar call about his mother that didn’t end well. Yoona reassures him that she’s ok.

     

Meanwhile, the detectives meet for lunch to discuss all the foreign cars they’ve been investigating. Turns out one of the cars on the list belonged to Taemin’s father. Wow, that’s a big reveal, Taemin’s father could be hit and run driver of Taecyeon’s mother.

Yoona and her father have a conversation. She asks if he knew Taecyeon’s mother was in the hospital when she was injured. Her father denies knowing that Taecyeon’s mother was in the hospital injured. Yoona says if he had been the surgeon perhaps he could have saved Taecyeon’s mother’s life. Her father asks why she is talking about Taecyeon. Yoona states she does not love Taemin and can not marry him. Taecyeon is who she loves. Her father is nonplussed. Yoona says "it won’t change even if you avoid it or get angry Dad". Now her father is angry declaring that she is heartless to hurt Taemin who loves her so mich. Yoona counters saying that "should i repay Taemin’s love with a lie?" Her father says that Taecyeon is his son and he will never permit them to marry. Yoona tells him that Taecyeon was close to her long before he was (recall her father avoided her when she was blind) and Taemin came into her life. He scoffs, saing if Taecyeon and you're love for each is so important, then neither of you are my children any more. He storms out of the room.

         

Meanwhile, At the fire station good interactions between all the workers as Yoona visits on her day off declaring she thought there would be chaos without her being there. The team Leader denies it but everyone points out that he said it felt wrong not having Yoona around. Yoona overlooks the parking lot and sees Taecyeon biking into work. After he parks she calls him and reports she knows a patient that has a heart issue and breathes heavily every time she sees a certain someone. Taecyeon states he better examine this patient in person. After,Taecyeon checks her pulse he says there are two causes for the elevated heart rate – anger or love. Yoona tells Taecyeon that she talked to her father yesterday. Yoona asks Taecyeon if he wants the good news or the bad news? Taecyeon asks for the bad news first. Yoona tells Taecyeon that her Dad is angry and against them as a couple. Taecyeon asks what’s the good news? Yoona says that her father cherishes Taecyeon and he’ll come around. She muses that this is what it must be like to be light hearted (together with Taecyeon) but in pain at the same time (pain for the hurt she’s caused Taemin and her father).

    

Yoona and Taemin meet at the coffee shop. Yoona apologizes for not realizing how important the other night’s date was. Taemin appreciates that she remembers.  She tells him she’s sorry for not telling him about Taecyeon sooner. Taemin admits when she broke up with him after Taecyeon left, it had no impact. He notes "a man can not give up on love unless he sees who the other person is." Taemin says that it is Taecyeon her first love makes it worse. Because it is her first love, he still has a chance. Taemin tells her he realizes that she can not let go of Taecyeon because she wants to relive the memories, those precious memories. Yoona quickly says “don’t tell me that my feelings are a misperception based on memories”. Taemin did not persuade her with that line of thinking.

        

Yoona heads over to the apartment and has pumpkin pie with Sooyoung. Sooyoung says Taecyeon was leaving without a goodbye to You and it is all my fault. That we quickly left for America because i needed surgery. Sooyoung apologizes for not ever calling. Saying she knew something was wrong when Taecyeon left America to find her but then returned home quickly saying he had not found you. Sooyoung says he was so hurt and miserable that she couldn’t bear to see him in that state. Saying Taecyeon is both father and mother to her. She says if anything happens to Taecyeon, Yoona interrupts her. Sooyoung sweetly asks Yoona to make her brother happy. Asking Yoona to promise that she’ll do this. Yoona brings her close and smiles. 

Meanwhile, Taecyeon tells Team Leader Wooyoung that Sooyoung has agreed to babysit his son. Chansung is thrilled he’ll get to see Sooyoung every day. Taecyeon picks up on his interest. Chansung bemoans the possibility that Sooyoung may have a boyfriend. 

Yoona places another emergency call to Taecyeon, this time it is to investigate an unconscious patient. Taecyeon finds Yoona at the grocery store staring at the available seafood. Taecyeon quips even he can’t revive dead seafood. She makes her protein choice and they enjoy shopping together.

They head back to Taecyeon’s apartment calling for Sooyoung who has left a note sagely stating she won’t be in the way tonight. Taecyeon goes to change his clothes thrilled to get some alone time with Yoona. Yoona makes herself at home and listens to one of the cooking recordings Taecyeon’s mother gave her for her birthday, 11 years ago.Taecyeon enters the kitchen transfixed to hear his mother’s voice. Immediately he is transported to 11 years ago when he came into the kitchen when his mother was making the recording while cooking. The mother / son interactions are so sweet and full of affection, a joy to watch. Kudos to the production team for again seamlessly weaving past memories of a young Taecyeon into current day. Taecyeon is touched to hear his mother’s voice. He tells Yoona he’s never heard this recording. Yoona says his mother gave it to her as a birthday gift and she’s listened to it countless times. Taecyeon asks to hear more. Yoona sees how Taecyeon moved is and hands him the cassette player. He listens to more of the tape remembering his interactions with his mother that day. How he claimed he’d make this for Yoona for the remainder of his days. How his mother pretended to be angry. How they play fought. Taecyeon begins to cry. Yoona draws him to her and gives him comfort. Yoona gently kisses his eyes. They stare transfixed with each other. Then just like 11 years ago she bends down and kisses him first.

 

          


Author's Note:

Annyeong!!!! Here's a long chapter.... i hope you guys love it. Also Comment, Subcribe and recomend it to you're friends... Thank You untill next time *Woof*