Chapter 6

Angel Eyes

 

Chapter 6

The principal recognizes Taecyeon and he does not deny it. Yoona walks towards Taecyeon, she sways, then collapses on the floor.  She wakes in a hospital bed with Taemin by her side. He chides her for being so sick and not seeking help. He leaves when he gets a medical emergency call. Yoona asks where Ian is.Taecyeon is on the rooftop telling himself that he has to be honest now. He turns to face his destiny and someone approaches him.

  (Ignore the blood stain in Yoona`s mouth)

Yoona approaches Taecyeon in the emergency room. He seems unaffected by her presence. She tells him they have to talk. They end up at the steps where 12 years ago they declared each other girlfriend and boyfriend. He begins to explain and she asks him to be quiet. She raises her hand to his face and this time he allows her to touch his face. Yoona and Taecyeon close their eyes and feel the present and past,  woven into the scene are flashbacks to when she touched his face when they were young. Yoona says “I knew a boy that had this face”.Taecyeon pulls her hand away from his face. She touches his hand holding her hand. “I know this hand as well”. She tells him the boy delivered porridge and felt he had the right to be in her life. This boy acted like her savior. Yoona “that cheeky high schooler’s name was…” Taecyeon says “Ok Taecyeon”. She smiles “It is you. The boy with the ugliest voice, Ok Taecyeon”. She opens her eyes and looks at him. Taecyeon simply says “Hi, Long time no see.”  She cried and slaps him. He tells her she can hit him again. She takes a moment and openly weeps her pain evident.

       

Once she gathers herself, she asks him where his mother is. Taecyeon takes her to his mother’s grave. Yoona is stunned she is dead. She finally sees how beautiful her second mother was. Yoona tells her she can see now and that she faithfully waited for years not knowing what happened to her and her family that they disappeared without a trace. Yoona says she is sorry she came so late, never knowing her mother was so close but alone. Yoona falls to her knees and grieves the loss of her second mother. 

Taecyeon walks Yoona home explaining he took his sister to America, became a doctor, and that he was too busy to think about her. He goes on to say he wanted for forget about his past. Yoona takes this news with a stiff upper lip. She goes into her home tears streaming down her face.

Taecyeon thinks back to the rooftop meeting with Yoona’s father who admits that he knew the Taecyeon’s mother gave Yoona her eyes.  He further admits that Yoona wanted desperately to see Taecyeon. Taecyeon then asks the question we’ve all been asking ourselves “WHY?” Yoona’s father tells him that Yoona was longing for him and his family so much that if she ever found out where her eyes came from, it would break her. She can’t take the truth of Taecyeon’s mother’s generous donation. Stupidly Taecyen agrees that Yoona must never know. Taecyeon tells him he can’t forget her. Yoona’s father chides him for being unable to get over a childish first love. He tells Taecyeon to leave Yoona alone. Taecyeon asks him if his mother’s donation was why he sponsored his education. Yoona’s father cryptically tells him “What you mean to mean me, you can’t possibly imagine”. 

        

Taemin contacts Yuri,to drink soju with her. With sadness he admits he knows that a piece of Yoona’s heart belongs to Taecyeon. Taemin asks if the whistle Yoona wears is from Taecyeon. Yuri doesn’t say anything but her face confirms it. Taemin walks away knowing that he can’t beat the ghost of Taecyeon.

      

Yuri looks up the hit and run case and grasps that it is Taecyeon’s mother that was killed and he has asked for details on the case. She heads to the hospital and punches him. They talk and determine that her former supervisor Detective Kim was in charge of investigating the hit and run case. Yuri says the statue of limitations expire in 60 days on this case.  Yuri then goes to see Detective Kim. She finds him in pain on the floor of his apartment. She calls Taecyeon for a house call. Taecyeon hooks up an IV and when Detective Kim wakes he recognizes Taecyeon.  Detective Kim apologizes for never solving the case. There were no eye witnesses, no camera, nothing. Taecyeon thank him for trying so hard and with that knowledge he was able to go to America with his sister and live well. Taecyeon notices multiple flyers for an eatery selling potato stew.

       

Taemin takes Yoona out to eat and presents her with a star necklace asking that she remove the whistle and wear the symbol of his love instead. Taemin brings yoona home and back hugs her. He turns her around and goes in for the kiss which she avoids. 

                

    

 

 

 

 

Taecyeon walks to her old house remembering what Yuri told him about  Yoona had a terrible time accepting his entire family just vanished and she never had closure. Yuri tells him it would considerate for him to help Yoona resolve her feelings for him. Taecyeon then imagines the young Yoona hurting over his disappearance. He reaches out to comfort her.

         

Yoona’s Dad tells Taecyeon he needs to return to Boston, that his presence is hurting Yoona. Taecyeon begs to stay but Yoona’s Dad won’t hear it and hands him a ticket to Boston. Taecyeon pleads with him to allow him to stay. He’ll just watch Yoona, he won’t interfere. Yoona’s Dad then pleads Taecyeon, if you want Yoona to lead a normal life, please go. 

  

The next day, Taecyeon goes to the potato stew eatery and picks up carryout for Detective Kim. Taecyeon suspect that maybe Detective Kim’s wife is the owner. Detective Kim remembers the hit and run case and how he got pressure to drop the case. Taecyeon eats with Detective Kim who recognizes the delicious stew with a single bite.

Yoona finds Taecyeon and asks him why he pretended not to know her. Taecyeon says at first he didn’t recognize her, she was so happy, and he didn’t want to remember the past and her (Yoona is visibly hurt by his words).  Yoona asks why he came back. Taecyeon tells her he wanted his mother to see him just once as a doctor. Yoona tells him she only has precious memories and doesn’t want to forget them. Taecyeon coldly tells her to forget the past, forget him, pass him like he doesn’t exit. Those words act as multiple stab wounds to her heart.

      

At the hospital Taemin’s mother tells Yoona’s father to give her son, Taecyeon’s position once he leaves. She snipes to him that his daughter isn’t treating her son correctly.

Taemin and Taecyeon  play basketball and over a good bye beer. Taecyeon admits that he’s been rejected by the woman he came to find.

Taecyeon packs his suitcase and says goodbye to his mother asking her to watch over Yoona. He admits he is running away.

Dr. Choi calls Yoona’s father and threatens him for money. Yoona’s father remembers he did remove Taecyeon’s mother’s airmask (and Dr. Choi witnessed this unbeknownst to him). Later he imagined his late wife in that bed instead of Taecyeon’s mother and that’s when he tried to save her.

Yoona brings a patient into the Emergency Room and looks for Taecyeon. She learns that he suddenly resigned and left. She searches for him at planetarium, but doesn’t find him. She goes to his mother’s grave and finds flowers for his mother and a mp3 player he intended her to find after he left. She heads to the airport, listening to the messages he made for her every birthday, how he missed her and most importantly his last recording when he tells her lied to her to previous evening.Yoona arrives at the airport frantically searching for him. In desperation she blows the whistle, turns and there Taecyeon is. She approaches him scolding him for breaking his promise not once but twice that he would never leave her without her permission. He sees the mp3 player in her hand and realizes she’s heard his confession. The voice over comes as they stare into each other eyes “From the moment I saw you, I wanted to tell you one thing…that I missed you.” Taecyeon pulls Yoona into a hug and finally tells her “I missed you Yoona.” 


Author`s Note:

Annyeong readers here is chapter 6, long chapter, i know. but its`s worth it. :) i hope you guys enjoy it. Do not forget to subcribe and comment below of what you think of this chapter thank you so much *Bows 90 degrees* annyeong! *waves hand*

-Yumi21