Chapter 11

Angel Eyes

Chapter 11

The day starts by, Taecyeon sharing the good news with Yoona that Yoona's father has given them his blessing. They hug each other tightly, happy that they’ve gotten over this hurdle. Watching them is Dr. Lee. 

Taecyeon and Yoona join Sooyoung at the apartment to celebrate. Sooyoung demands to know what they are celebrating. Taecyeon tells her that Yoona’s father has given them his blessing and he is officially son-in-law material. Sooyoung asks if Taecyeon has sealed the deal with a proposal. She correctly points out that he has yet to receive Yoona’s consent that she wants Taecyeon as her groom. Cute interchange between Sooyoung and Yoona. Taecyeon makes the mistake of saying he does not understand why a proposal is such a big deal and that women are strange. Sooyoung gives him a chance to take back that statement. But Taecyeon holds fast that women are strange. His reward is cake on his face and Sooyoung flounces out of the room.

Detective Kim shows up at Taemin’s mother’s house just as she is leaving for work. He asks about the navy car that was purchased in 2002 under her husband’s name and DESTROYED later. Taemin’s mother claims not to remember that car, tells the detective she has to leave for work and splits. If looks could kill, Detective Kim would be a dead man.

Detective Kwon calls in a favor and asks her forensics buddy to analyze dirt from the scene of the hit and run crime. He tells her he’ll put a rush on it.

The paramedics get an emergency call to help a cardiac patient. Taecyeon accompanies Chansung and Yoona and saves the man’s life. At the ER the doctors, nurse, Yoona and Taecyeon are all relieved another patient is on the road to recovery. The room gets chilly when Taemin enters as Taecyeon and Yoona start to exit the ER. Everyone stares at each other and the awkward silence ends when Taemin walks away. Outside the ER, Dr. Lee introduces himself to Yoona and Taecyeon.  Dr. Lee says it is good that Yoona’s surgery was successful so many years ago. THAT gets Taecyeon’s attention. Later, Dr. Lee remembers Taemin’s mother’s demand that in exchange for the hospital job, one day he’ll reveal Yoona’s father’s secret WHEN and TO WHOM she dictates. Back at the fire station, Taecyeon remembers that Dr. Lee was the attending doctor after his mother’s hit-and-run accident. Yoona enters his office and they discuss Dr. Lee treating Taecyeon’s mother. Yoona tells Taecyeon her father has requested they come to the house after work.

Taemin is distracted at work and prescribes the wrong medicine for a patient. The ER doctors and nurse try to guess why Taemin is not engaged at work anymore. Taemin’s mother overhears them discussing Taemin’s mistake and is NOT happy. To add to her day, the police captain calls her and they agree to meet that evening. At the meeting the police captain drops the bomb that evidence from the hit-an-run scene has been sent to the forensics lab for analysis. He continues that if the family requests a re-investigation this would be a big problem.Taemin’s mother is NOT happy. She directs the police captain to stop Detective Kim and Detective Kwon’s investigation and she’ll take care of Taecyeon. She realizes that Yoona’s father will be hurt with her next move. She’s sorry she’ll hurt her friend. But not sorry enough to not hurt him.

Yoona’s father urges Taecyeon and Yoona to move to Boston and start their lives together there. He wants the young couple to live unhindered in a new place. Yoona asks if her father will come with them. That’s a negative. Yoona flatly states if HE stays then SHE stays. Teacyeon agrees noting that they’ll only worry about him if they aren’t nearby. As Yoona walks Taecyeon out she admits she was surprised by her father’s suggestion. Taecyeon says as long as he has Yoona, Sooyoung, and her father then he could live anywhere, family is what matters. Taecyeon and Yoona both smile at the thought of being together as family forever.

Yoona’s father and Taemin’s mother discuss the broken engagement. Yoona’s father admits that he gave Taecyeon and Yoona his blessing.Taemin’s mother is surprised. Yoona’s father states he told the young couple they should move to Boston. Taemin’s mother likes this idea (it may stop the reinvestigation into the hit-and-run case of Taecyeon’s mother). Yoona’s father admits that if the young couple ever finds out what he did, they’ll be in terrible pain. He should suffer for what he did, not them. Taemin’s mother looks very uncomfortable.

Taecyeon and Yoona’s father talk outside the hospital. No matter how he tries, Taecyeon tells him they are NOT MOVING. Dr. Lee slithers up and Taecyeon tells him he now recalls that Dr. Lee was the attending doctor on his mother years ago and thanks him for his efforts. Dr. Lee appreciates Taecyeon thanking and remembering him. Taecyeon leaves. Dr. Lee immediately needles Yoona’s father saying if Taecyeon found out, all that affection would go up in smoke.

Back at the fire station, Taecyeon asks Team Leader Wooyoung how Sooyoung is doing as his son’s nanny. Team Leader Wooyoung is about to say something negative but Chansung interrupts and says Sooyoung is terrific and all is well.  Taecyeon asks where Yoona is. Team Leader Wooyoung says she left when her shift was done. Taecyeon is disappointed he missed her.

Turns out that Team Leader’s Wooyoung son got a zero on his spelling test. Sooyoung “helped” him. Unfortunately she cannot write Korean well due to her formative years in America so she ends up hurting not helping. The good news is that he got a perfect grade on his math test because Chansung helped him. Team Leader Wooyoung promises his son that he’ll come to parent day at his school.

When Taecyeon returns to his apartment. Yoona was in the kitchen making dinner and has a welcoming smile. Taecyeon LOVES coming home to her. He hugs her saying this is a fantasy come true. 

After dinner as promised she hands Taecyeon a letter and he picks one from the stash of old letters he wrote over the years. Later, taecyeon reads Yoona’s letter where she admits that she has loved him twice in her lifetime and if another opportunity presented itself to love him again, she’s sure she’d choose to love him again.

The next day, Chansung and Yoona have a patient that refuses to go in the ambulance, so Yoona and the patient follow Chansung to the hospital in a taxi. The patient senses there is a dead soul in Yoona. Yoona is impressed. The patient says the soul is a good person that protects her. The patient notes that Yoona has a dangerous job but the soul has kept her safe. Yoona says she does not know who donates her eyes but she has always felt it was a good person.Meanwhile, At the ER Taemin signs the paperwork Yoona has without a word to her. The ER team huddles to discuss the strained atmosphere between Yoona and Taemin. They discuss the rumor that they’ve broken up because Taemin’s mother wanted a better candidate for daughter-in-law.

Taecyeon finds Yoona reflecting on the person that donated their eyes to her. Yoona says she’s forever grateful to the person. Yoona says she needs to be thankful every day. Taecyeon says he’s sure the donor would be pleased a wonderful person like Yoona has their eyes. 

It is parents day at school and Team Leader Wooyoung is ready to go when the fire alarm rings. Team Leader Wooyoung decides he must answer the emergency call.  When Team Leader Wooyoung and Chansung arrive home, In the other hand, Sooyoung is furious that the Team Leader Wooyoung broke his promise to his son. Team Leader’s Wooyoung son has locked himself into his room. Team Leader Wooyoung tells his son he has brought gifts as an apology. Wooyoung's son yells that he is a liar and starts to cry. Sooyoung tells Team Leader Wooyoung that his son was ridiculed by his classmates. Team leader Wooyoung apologizes but his son won’t open the door. Sooyoung makes an excellent point stating an apology given does not have to be automatically accepted and his son’s anger and disappointment set aside. She notes that per his son, this isn’t the first promise he has broken. His son waited and believed he would show until the school day came to close. With that Sooyoung leaves. Team Leader Wooyoung feels awful, lamenting that he saves people all day but could not save himself from hurting his child.

Taemin’s mother finds him bummed out on his couch. She asks him what is wrong with him. Why is he disappointing her? Taemin’s mother asks why he so upset over a girl like Yoona. Taemin entreats his mother not to speak ill of Yoona. That irks her and she tells him to get his act together. Taemin’s mother drops the bomb that Yoona and Taecyeon are marrying and moving to America. Taemin is stunned.  His mother repeats, get your act together and leaves.

Taecyeon visits Detective Kim at his apartment. Yuri was there too. They discuss the case and are hopeful the forensics test will narrow down the details of the car that hit Taecyeon’s mother. Taecyeon admits he has always wondered what kind of person could hit his mother and leave her without helping. Taecyeon hopes they can catch the hit and run driver. They all agree they’ll keep at it until the statute of limitations runs out in less than a month.

Yoona looks for Taecyeon at work only to find out it is his day off. She is miffed that he did not tell her it was his day off. She calls him and asks what he is doing on his day off. Taecyeon says he has a date. Yoona is stunned. Taecyeon says his date has arrived and signs off leaving Yoona sputtering to a disconnected line. Yoona’s father comes up the stairs and they begin their day hike. At the overlook Taecyeon asks him what Yoona’s mother was like. Taecyeon says that Yoona has always felt guilty for her mother’s death. Yoona's father is surprised that Taecyeon knows this. He tells Taecyeon the first time he saw Yoona’s mother HE KNEW she was the one for him. Taecyeon can relate and says he still gets nervous around Yoona. They both smile and enjoy the view.

Yuri gets the call from her forensics buddy that the test results are in. They meet and he hands her the report. They now know the year span and model of the car. Yuri is thrilled, this reduces the potential pool of cars. Lurking in the shadows eavesdropping is the police captain who calls Taemin’s mother. She asks the captain if Taecyeon leaves for America, is the case dropped? The police captain says once the evidence is filed, there is no stopping the case. Taemin’s mother tells the police captain he has to “take care of” Detective Kim and Detective Kwon. She meets with Dr. Lee and tells him the time has come. Taemin’s mother directs Dr. Lee to tell Taecyeon about Yoona’s father killing his mother. Dr. Lee is stunned speechless.

As Yoona exits work; Taecyeon shows up and asks her to come with him. She is still miffed about his “date” and stalks off. He stops her. Taking her hand leads her to his new car. Taecyeon tells her he can drive her to work every day. She is surprised. He asks if she’d like to take her first ride in the car.

They end up at the planetarium. When they enter the lobby, Yoona sees the wishing tree rimmed with hundreds of candles and presents under the wishing tree. It is pretty and a nice variation on the string lights typically used. Taecyeon explains the presents are her birthday gifts that he has purchased for her over the last 12 years. The gifts range from mittens, to Boston Red Sox t shirts, to a pretty bra which embarrasses Taecyeon but Yoona is cool with it.Taecyeon admits the staff now thinks he is crazy.

They head up to the observation level. They sit in the cafe and Taecyeon remembers seeing her 12 years ago thinking how pretty she was and how lucky he would be to have her as his girlfriend. They both smile remembering their early relationship. Taecyeon grows serious and tells Yoona “now I want that girl making my house a home, knowing when I come home to her, I’ll never be lonely.”

Taecyeon walks to Yoona and gets down on bended knee. He tells her that he won’t always make her happy, but he knows his heart has grown in love for her over the last 12 years, and he’ll continue to let his love for her grow, she is the most precious person in the world to him, that is a promise.

Taecyeon gets out a small velvet box telling her; he shopped and shopped but in the end thought this was the perfect one, his mother would want her to have this…he opens the box and reveals his mother’s wedding ring complete with inscription from his father,Jung Hwa I love you.

Yoona is stunned at the offering of the precious ring.

Taecyeon formally asks “Will you be my family?” Yoona looks at Taecyeon, smiles and nods her assent. Taecyeon slides the ring on her finger, a perfect fit.

Yoona hugs Taecyeon. She tells him “I will be your family. I will wait for you every day.” 


Author's Note:

Here is Chapter 11!!! I hope you guys enjoy. :) Don't forget to Subcribe,Reccomend & comment of what you guys think of this Chapter!!! Annyeong...