Chapter 5

Angel Eyes

 

Chapter 5

The noose tightens around Taecyeon as Yoona begins to suspect who he is.

Yoona wakes at the planetarium, her head aching from the alcohol. She finds that Taecyeon has put his coat over her shoulders. The next day she goes the hospital to return his coat to him. She finds him comforting an infant they rescued from the accident with gentle words. Taecyeon says that the baby will soon be transferred to the orphanage. Yoona returns his coat offering to buy him a meal. He rudely rejects her offer telling her to go eat a meal with her boyfriend. Jerk mode has the desired effect and she leaves the hospital fuming.

              

                   

Dr. Lee surprises Yoona and her coworkers with dinner at the fire station…and they LOVE it! Taemin asks Yoona why she didn’t see him when she stopped by the hospital. She says she came to see the baby from the accident. Taemin asks Yoona why doesn’t she get along with Ian? 

       

She goes to visit the baby at the orphange and the nun tells her the doctor is there. She finds Taecyeon treating a little girl who is rejecting his attempts to clean a wound. Yoona interjects and gets the little girl settled and the wound cleaned and bandaged. When Taecyeon gets ready to leave the orphanage Yoona asks why someone with such a bad personality helps at an orphanage on his day off. They snipe at each other until she receives a call from Taemin asking her to dinner with Ian.  Taecyeon and Yoona stare at each other.

Yoona’s Father and Taemin’s Mother talk and she admits she looks forward to Ian leaving the hospital in 6 to 12 months so Taemin can return to being the best doctor in the hospital.

Dinner at Taemin’s is a bit awkward for Yoona and Taecyeon. Taemin asks Taecyeon what did he originally want to be when he grew up? Taecyeon admits as a child he wanted to be firefighter. THAT gets Yoona’s attention. Taemin comments the Yoona’s first love also wanted to be a firefighter. Taemin asks about Taecyeon’s first love. Taecyeon says he met her when he was 18. THAT gets Yoona’s attention. Taecyeon states he doesn’t know if the relationship is over or not not. Taemin and Yoona wash the dishes together and Taemin exits the room to take a phone call. Taecyeon sees Yoona struggling to reach a shelf to put a clean dish away. Taecyeon helps and startles Yoona and she breaks a wine glass. She cuts her finger trying to pick up the pieces. Taemin flips her over his shoulder and carries her to the couch and tends to her wound. 

       

The next day Taecyeon has low energy in the emergency room. His co-workers tell him they see that he is depressed and tired and urge him to leave work early. Meanwhile Yoona and Taemin have made plans to see a movie together. She’s waiting at the theater when he texts her he has an emergency surgery so he can’t join her. She sees Taecyeon trying to get tickets but the show is sold out. She happens to have the extra ticket meant for Taemin…they watch the movie together, a movie they had watched together years earlier when she was blind. She watches part of the movie with her eyes closed and Taecyeon watches her fascinated.

      

After the movie they get on the elevator and the volume of people crush them together.Taecyeon shields Yoona but she is pressed into him. She listens to his heart and recalls listening to Taecyeon’s heart years ago. After the elevator empties out Yoona instinctively reaches up to feel his face like she did years ago. Taecyeon grabs her wrist to stop her. 

Yoona drinks some soju and best bestfriend Yuri joins her. Yoona wonders can two people look so similar that even their voices and mannerisms are the same? Yuri correctly guesses that Yoona is thinking about Taecyeon.

        

Later, Yoona recalls Ian asking for directions to planetarium and then flashes back to their star gazing. She recalls Ian saying that he originally wanted to be a firefighter and flashes back to Taecyeon telling her he’d be a firefighter. She recalls the familiar sound of Taecyeon’s heart.

                           

Driven to distraction and needing answers she heads to the hospital to confront Ian. She finds him leaving the hospital. She admits she must sound crazy but she needs to know…have they met in the past? She stares at him willing him to answer. Taecyeon starts to walk away but she stops him entreating him to say her name. She closes her eyes to listen to his voice. He stares at her unnerved at her intensity.

To break the spell and return to jerk status he grabs her wrist and drags her to a private spot asking if she’s interested in him, enough that her fiance Dr. Lee doesn’t matter? He continues if she’s interested in him, he may be willing to consider it himself. Repulsed by the insinuation, she breaks away stating a similar voice doesn’t matter…HER Taecyeon wouldn’t be like this. Hurt, he watches her leave.

             

She returns to her old house remembering when years ago she’d go back asking if she’d received any mail. but the answer was always no. She remembers telling herself to forget about him.

The next day Yoona and Chansung bring the old High School Principal to the emergency room. Yoona is obviously not feeling well and Taecyeon is distracted in his concern for her versus the patient. The High School Principal recognizes him, calling him Taecyeon. Taecyeon and Yoona stare at each other.

        


Auhor’s Note: 

Annyeonghaseyo readers, enjoyning?  Well, i’ll update more frequently don’t worry about it. Subcribe and Comment below let me know of what you think so far kamsamnida until next time annyeong! *Waves Hand* 

-Yumi21