I'm Fine.

It's Raining

 

The school festival ended like any other festivals. Everyone clearly enjoyed the week of fun and happiness. It really was a memory to remember. Now here you were sitting in class listening to your history teacher discuss the Song Dynasty in China. Back to my normal life, huh? You scribbled down notes in your notebook, careful not to have any missed information. You glanced at the window, busying yourself with whatever was happening outside.

Your eyes went to the school’s field. There were classes being conducted at the moment. P.E. class. They were playing soccer. You smiled upon seeing him playing. you. The name of the person I like. Just the thought of it made you blush. Now that you thought about it, you still haven’t had any say on it at all. Throughout the whole school festival, you were with Minah. If not, you stayed with Hongbin or Hyuk. You tried to hang out with Taekwoon but whenever you got the chance, Taekwoon would disappear. Is he avoiding me? You thought hard about it. You wanted to ask but there really wasn’t a chance to ask at all. Until now. You sighed.

Lunch break arrived. You and Minah walked to the cafeteria and bought yourselves lunch. The two of you made your way to your usual table and greeted your other friends. While you two busied yourselves eating, Taekwoon and Hakyeon entered the cafeteria.

 

“I can’t believe it.” Hakyeon chuckled. They make their way to the line. “That’s how you confessed? A little bit of indirect, Taek.”

 

“I thought it was good.” Taekwoon muttered.

 

Hakyeon bobbed his head, shoving his friend an all thumbs gesture. “It was good, don’t worry. You’ll get the girl.”

 

“I doubt it.” Taekwoon mentioned the things he had been seeing with you and Hongbin. The two ordered their usual to the cafeteria lady and thanked her once their orders were given. His brows furrowed. “That’s why I decided not to do anything at all anymore.”

 

“You’re giving up?” Hakyeon sneered.

 

Taekwoon shrugged. Hakyeon slapped his friend’s shoulder. The student president began lecturing his friend on the way to their table. Taekwoon ignored Hakyeon. A skill he has now mastered. They reached their table and sat with Jaehwan and Wonsik.

 

“You tired of hearing Hakyeon-hyung’s love advices?” Wonsik teased.

 

Taekwoon smiled and sat across Jaehwan who sat next to Wonsik. Jaehwan silently ate his chicken floss bread. Food somehow shuts up the Casanova. Jaehwan glanced at the two seniors and went back to eating. Hakyeon sat next to Taekwoon and defended that he was only cheering Taekwoon. “This friend of mine is lovesick.”

 

“Ew.” Hyuk and Hongbin appeared and sat with them on the table. Sanghyuk next to Wonsik; Hongbin next to Hakyeon. “What is this all talk of lovesick? Don’t tell me—you’re acting as cupid again, Hakyeon-hyung?”

 

“Taekwoon here is giving up on love.” Hakyeon said. Hyuk choked on his orange juice. Hongbin chewed silently his sandwich. Wonsik offered his bread to Jaehwan. Jaehwan smiled cheekily, still chewing. Taekwoon rolled his eyes.

 

“W-what did you say, hyung?” Hyuk coughed.

 

Jaehwan patted the youngest’s back and swallowed. “Taekwoon-hyung is giving up on your sister.”

 

This time, Hongbin choked. Wonsik scolded Jaehwan. Jaehwan acted all innocent. Hakyeon’s eyes widened. Taekwoon looked away. Hakyeon turned to Jaehwan and asked how he knew. Jaehwan winked and pointed at his forehead, “Oh please. I’m not just a pretty face. Let me remind you guys that I’m smart. Plus, it’s obvious.”

 

Hakyeon crossed his arms. “Oh my god. Please. Don’t go there.”

 

“Anyways, the way I see it. you is still confused.” Jaehwan grabbed Wonsik’s soft drinks and took a sip. Wonsik didn’t utter a word and just stared impassively at the Casanova. “I mean Taekwoon is a pretty cool guy but then there’s Hongbin. A childhood best friend. The two have history.”

 

Hongbin avoided everyone’s gazes. “What on earth are you talking about, Jaehwan?”

 

“Binnie here likes you too.”

 

Hakyeon choked on his banana milk. Taekwoon continued eating. Wonsik face palmed himself. Sanghyuk fumed. Jaehwan was really ignorant. The Casanova continued like the topic wasn’t any of a big deal. “Obviously, Hongbin hasn’t told her yet. Probably because he values their friendship and doesn’t want for the two of them to get weird. Taekwoon-hyung on the other hand, is quite forward. I bet he already confessed. I guess you just have to wait for her response.” Jaehwan took a bite of his half eaten bread. “Personally, I ship her with Hongbin. I’m a romantic. But, if she feels the same way with Taekwoon-hyung here, I would still support you guys.”

 

“You do guys know that this is getting awkward for me?” Hyuk said frustratingly. “You’re talking about my sister.”

 

“What’s wrong with liking you? I think she’s really pretty. She’s also my type. If I didn’t know that these two are fighting over her then I would practically join the bandwagon.” Jaehwan stated.

 

Wonsik had enough of the awkwardness. He then offered Jaehwan his last food, an apple. The Casanova smiled and went back to eating in silence. Wonsik apologized to Sanghyuk on Jaehwan’s behalf.

 

Hakyeon then turned to Hongbin. “I didn’t know you like you!”

 

Hongbin glanced at Sanghyuk. The younger looked as if the news about him liking his sister didn’t bother him at all. Hongbin then went back to eating and just smiled, confirming what Jaehwan had said. Hakyeon gawked at the new discovery. “My, oh my! My two friends like the same person! And that person is actually one of their friend’s sister. This is just like one of those dramas we see on TV.”

 

“The ones on cable channels.” Jaehwan commented.

 

“The ones that become a big hit.” Wonsik added.

 

“The ones where the big brother of the female lead would turn out to be a villain.” Hyuk stared from afar, crossing his arms.

 

The five of them looked at Hyuk. The youngest glared at everyone. “Ya. This is real life, you idiots. You hurt my sister, our friendship ends. That applies to all of you.”

 

“So Hyukkie, what team are you on?” Jaehwan asked. “Binnie or Taek?”

 

“JAEHWAN, JUST GO SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR FOOD.” Wonsik scolded his friend one last time.

 


 

You climbed the staircase, returning to your classroom when you happened to pass by Taekwoon. You were about to call him but some seniors had beat you to it. He waved his hand and greeted at his fellow seniors. Maybe next time. You then went on your way. Unknown to you was that he had his eyes on you all along.

Dismissal came and you said your goodbye to Minah. You hurriedly went to your usual meeting place and saw Hongbin and Hyuk waiting for you (Hongbin’s spraint healed a few days later by the way). No Taekwoon. You sighed. I guess tomorrow then? You smiled at the two and jumped behind their backs.  “Sorry to keep you guys waiting!”

 

“Aish!” Your brother growled. “I fixed my hair today! you, come on!”

 

You giggled and apologized half-heartedly. “Oh, I’m sorry.”

 

Hongbin tousled your hair, messing up your whole hair. You cursed at him. “Hey! Why’d you do that for?” You reached for his head and messed it up as well.

 

“You two are so noisy.” Hongbin complained. “You guys embarrass me.”

 

“WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!” You and your brother glared.

 

 

The three of you went home. No Taekwoon. You asked them about it and they answered that Taekwoon was busy with school works as of the moment. You arrived home and the three of you went on with your own businesses. Hongbin with homeworks. Sanghyuk meeting up with some of his classmates for their group project. And here you were, finishing a chapter of your history book.

You have been constantly checking on your phone, hoping he would have texted at least once. You sighed. Not even one. You continued reading but your busy brain is attacking you right now with thoughts of texting him. Oh to hell with this. You flipped closed your history book, grabbed your phone and texted him.

 


 

Taekwoon was walking home when he felt his phone buzzed. He reached for his phone from his pocket and saw your text.

 

you:  Hi! I heard from oppa that you were busy. Just want to say that you can do it! ^_^

 

Taekwoon smiled. He wasn’t able to talk to you at all for the past days. Maybe because he was shy about confessing or just really avoiding you just so you could have some time for you to think. He sighed. I should have just told her to stay at that time. He typed a reply but before he could hit send, the screen went black. Taekwoon bit his lower lips. Damn it. I didn’t charge my phone again. He sighed. Replying will have to wait I guess. He arrived home and went straight to his bedroom to study and charge his phone.

 


 

You lie on your bed lifelessly. He didn’t reply at all. You looked at Mr. Fluffy Jr. who sat next to you. You wrapped your arms around the stuffed bear and pouted. “He confesses then ignores me…how on earth am I going to answer him?” you let your head rest on Mr. Fluffy Jr.’s tummy and screamed loudly. “TELL ME.”

 

The next day went as normal as any day would be. Lectures. School works. Chatting with friends. Food. More lectures. Announcements. The whole day you’ve been looking for Taekwoon but just like last time, no Taekwoon. Dismissal came. You told your brother that you won’t be joining them on walking home since you still have some school works that needed to be done. Honestly speaking, you had other stuff in mind. You roamed the hallways of your school, looking for him. He still must be here. You had talked with Hakyeon not so long ago and asked if Taekwoon would still be at school after classes. Hakyeon nodded and told you the possible places he could be. The library.

You walked into the library and quietly strolled around searching for Taekwoon. After a minute of searching, you finally found him. There he was. Sitting at one of the long tables. You didn’t approach him since he was busy studying. You sat at a table just across his.

His eyes never wandered off his book. He was focused. It always made your heart flutter whenever you see him this way. Quiet. Focused. In his own world. You placed your arms on the table and rested your head on your arms. You continued watching him do his work. You decided to wait for him to finish before going up to him. Time passed. Minutes turned to hours, but you didn’t mind. You’ll wait for him.

 

Taekwoon stretched his arms. He was done studying for the day. He closed his books and began packing up when he received a text from you.

 

you: Hey there. It’s been a while since we’ve talked. Can I call you?

 

Taekwoon answered this time. It wasn’t long when Taekwoon saw your name on his screen. He answered and heard your voice. It’s only been days since he heard you and it made Taekwoon smile all to himself. “Hi.” He started. “So what is it?”

 

“Sorry for calling. Are you busy?”

 

“It’s okay. I wasn’t doing anything at all.”

 

“Okay. Good.” Taekwoon imagined you smiling. “Because I have something to tell you.” Taekwoon looked down. He nodded and told you to continue. “Remember the night you told me the name of the person you like? Well…thank you for that. It means a lot to me.”

 

Taekwoon chewed the inside of his mouth. Somehow, Taekwoon felt the situation was about to go downwards. He remained silent and waited for you to speak.

 

“Actually, I’m here right now with the person I like…he’s really a great person.” Taekwoon felt his stomach churned. He let out a nervous chuckle.

 

“Oh. Good for you.” Taekwoon said. “Does he know you like him?”

 

“I hope so.” Her voice was soft, probably because she didn’t want anyone to hear what she was talking about except for Taekwoon. “I’ve been wanting to tell him about it but he seems to avoid me whenever I do.”

 

“Maybe you’re just overthinking.” Taekwoon said. “Don’t worry about it.” Deep inside, Taekwoon ached. He just got rejected. And here he was, giving love advices to the girl he likes. I’m becoming Hakyeon.

 

“Then…should I tell him right now?” Taekwoon then asked where she was. It took her half a minute before answering. “…I’m here in the library…”


Taekwoon looked up. His eyes met yours. Taekwoon noticed that there weren’t any students in the library besides you and him. You had your phone pressed to your ear. You smiled at him. “Jung Taekwoon. The name of the person I like.”

 


 

Hongbin busied himself with the new photos he just printed. It’s been a while since he had gone to his secret place. He hanged the new pictures on the clothesline. He smiled seeing the results of his photos. There was only one thing he could say: beautiful. Lately, Hongbin had been interested in taking photographs of people in one with nature. His most favorite of them all was a stolen photograph of you and Sanghyuk walking under the blossomed trees. The two of you had your backs face the camera. Sanghyuk had you in a headlock position. The picture showed how easygoing the two of you were and Hongbin couldn’t help but take a picture of the scene he was seeing.

 

“Those two are really idiots.” He chuckled.

 

Once he was done with it, Hongbin left and walked back home. Then the unexpected happened. He stood still as he watched two figures before him walk hand in hand. you and Taekwoon. Hongbin remained still and quiet in place. Jaehwan’s guess was actually wrong.

 


 

You and Taekwoon held hands. Even though the two of you had held hands before, this time felt different. It was reassuring and warm. You knowing his feelings and him back. You glanced at Taekwoon and saw him looking right back at you. You immediately looked away. You were still shy around him that was for sure. You heard him let out a small chuckle.

The walk home with him was rather a quiet one. Not one even dared to speak. I guess action speaks louder than words? You smiled sheepishly. This was definitely one of your happiest days in life.

 

“You know. I was actually afraid of what your response would be.” Taekwoon broke the silence between you and him.

 

“Funny. I was thinking that you were completely avoiding me.” You laughed.

 

The two of you smiled at each other. The two of you reached the street where your house was when Taekwoon stopped. You asked him why and he answered straightforwardly. “Before confessing, I told Hyuk about it.”

 

“Oh.” So oppa knew all along?

 

Taekwoon nodded. “But…he doesn’t approve of me. I know what I did was against your brother’s wish—“

 

“Don’t worry.” You assured him. You squeezed his hand gently and winked at him. “My brother has a soft spot for me. He’ll understand. Plus. He can’t do anything about it. He may look tough and all but he’s actually a softie, Taekwoon-oppa.”

 

“Taekwoon.” He mumbled.

 

“Hm?”

 

Taekwoon looked away and repeated. “Taekwoon. I’d like you to call me Taekwoon.”

 

Right then and there, you felt embarrassed. You could feel your cheeks turned bright red. You cleared your throat and bobbed your head in agreement. “O-o-okay…T-Tae-Taekwoon.” You closed your eyes, more embarrassed this time. It’s just his name dammit. Don’t get all too flustered here.

He then released you from his grip. He reached out for your cheek and pinched it, just like always. He smiled. “See you tomorrow then.”

 

You nodded. “See you too.”

 

He then turned and waved goodbye. You then went on your way. Each step you took made your heart pace faster. All smiles. You giddily jumped on your way home that was until you heard someone call your name. You looked back and saw Hongbin. He had his arms crossed and was looking impassively at you. You smiled and approached him quickly. “HONGBIN-OPPA!”

 

Hongbin’s neutral face quickly changed into a happy one. He really can’t put up a no emotion face on you. He smiled, dimples showing, and flicked your forehead. “You came home late. I’m not your brother but technically I’m family to you, so I have rights to scold you.”

 

You rubbed the area where he flicked. “Sorry. I had some stuff to do.”

 

“Taekwoon stuff?”

 

Your eyes widened. How’d you? Hongbin let out a mocking expression. “Yeah, yeah. I know. I was out and saw the two of you being all lovey dovey outside.”

 

You wrapped your arms around Hongbin and laughed nervously. “Ei, come on! What’s with that expression then, oppa?”

 

Hongbin rolled his eyes. “Does Hyuk know?”

 

You shook your head, no. Hongbin stared at you who was still embracing Hongbin. He really has a soft spot for you. He sighed and gestured that he’ll keep his mouth sealed. You smiled and thanked him. You tiptoed and kissed him on the cheek. “But first. Pay up. Seeing you two like that made me sick.”

 

“Fine. What do you want?”

 

Hongbin grinned.

 


 

The two of you sat on a corner table at your favorite ice cream parlor. Hongbin wanted you to buy him parfait and so you did. It was already late, so it was only you and him and a couple in the parlor. The two of you ordered a large parfait for both of you to eat. While waiting, Hongbin asked you about Taekwoon. Since it was Hongbin, the person you had entrusted your secrets to, the talking went smoothly. You didn’t left any information out. Hongbin listened. He had his eyes on you the whole time. Sometimes, he would look outside the window but he would always find his way looking at you. You thanked Hongbin for understanding. If he was Sanghyuk, he would probably freak out and do some pretty horrid stuff.

By the time you ended, the parfait arrived. Talk about timing. You and Hongbin then indulged yourselves with the sweet taste of the parfait you bought. Just then, an idea came into mind.

 

“Oppa.” You called. Hongbin hummed. “Didn’t you say you like someone too before?”

 

Hongbin nodded. He was too focused on eating the parfait to speak. You then asked another question. “Did you tell her how you feel?” Hongbin shook his head. “Why not?”

 

“Because I value our friendship more than me risking it.” Or that was what Jaehwan said, Hongbin thought. “Besides, even if I did she won’t return the feeling.”

 

“If you didn’t try, you’ll never know.” You scooped a pretty large portion of the parfait. Hongbin smiled. You noticed something behind that smile. Regret. Hongbin looked up at you.

 

“She’s happy with someone. I don’t want to ruin that for her by making her confused or feel pity on me.” Hongbin said. Your expression must have changed because Hongbin reached out for your hand and chuckled. “What’s with that sad face?”

 

You frowned. “It’s…it’s just…you’re a really great guy, Hongbin. She’s stupid not to know you.”

 

Hongbin laughed. “No, she’s not. Don’t badmouth her. I like her the way she is.”

 

The two of you went back to eating but you asked him one last time about it. “Are you okay? I mean she’s with someone else…”

 

Hongbin leaned back on his chair and thought about what to say next. “I guess it’s a mixture of both. I’m happy for her. I’m happy that she got to be with someone that she believes she can be happy with…I also feel bad about it. What can I do? Nothing. I just let it happened…but if that person made her cry or hurt her. I’ll be right next to her.”

 

You smiled weakly. He really does like her. You raised your pinky finger. “Promise you’ll be okay.”

 

“Promise.”

 

You and Hongbin entwined your pinky fingers and made a promise. But you felt that a pinky promise won’t do any comfort or help with Hongbin right now. You got up and gently wrapped your arms around him. He let his head rest on your stomach and sighed. “you, I said I’m—“

 

“Shush.” You said. “Just let me do this for you. I think you need it. Apart from the parfait.”

 

You heard him laugh. It may seem like nothing but Hongbin felt this moment as an end to his unrequited love. He closed his eyes and savored the moment. you is happy with someone else. So he should be happy too. For her. Not wanting to turn things awkward, Hongbin let out a joke.

 

“Ya. I can hear your stomach grumbling.” Hongbin teased. “Feed your tummy, you.”

 

You released him from your embrace and gave him a sour look. You went back to your seat and narrowed your eyes at him. “And here I was comforting you, I should have thought better. You were really okay to begin with.”

 

“I did say I was fine, you.” Hongbin returned to eating.

 

You grinned at him. He winked. Hongbin thought, This is really better this way.

 

 

 

---

Chapter 15 is out! Yippeee. Thanks for the comments, (i love reading your reactions..sorry i didn't get to reply at all) The day has finally come~ Sooo, how was it? Hope you guys enjoyed it. I'll be writing chapter 16 in a few days. Doing the notes for this one made me realize that this will soon come to an end~ (sadly) 

Anyways, THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUBSCRIBED, UPVOTE and COMMENTS^^ I love you all guys hihi *sends virtual hugs* 

I'll update as soon as I can!