Mr. Skellington. Maid. Zombies.

It's Raining

And so months had passed.

 

You had already adjusted to your high school life without any problems; you made new friends with Mina, you hanged out with them sometimes with your brother and his friends. Surprisingly you became close with Jaehwan that the two of you started annoying and sometimes playfully flirting with each other just to tick off Hongbin, Taekwoon and especially your brother. You were still in the process of getting close with Wonsik through the help of both Hongbin and Jaehwan, and so far so good.

There were also times when you would spend some alone time with Hongbin in the secret place you two have (yes, you’re claiming it as yours now as well). It would always lead to you and Hongbin taking pictures, laughing and bickering, eating, studying and back to laughing and bickering. Upon going home, Sanghyuk would always ask where the two of you have gone but Hongbin would tell the funniest answers to your brother’s paranoid answers. Sometimes you were with Taekwoon, you were always looking forward to see him since the two of you hardly talk at school since he was always AWOL if not he’s with Hakyeon.

Being with Taekwoon always made you nervous but once the two of you get together, the two of you would end up having fun leaving the awkwardness behind. But what you loved the most was spending times with the two boys plus with your brother. It was quite a long time since the three of you hang out since everyone had their own personal lives that the four of you rarely spend time with each other.

Just like now, all four of you were at Hongbin’s house studying for the upcoming exams. All four of you were engrossed in studying, if one does not get a particular subject someone would help out. If Taekwoon was having a hard time with History, you would help. If you were having a hard time in English, Hongbin would be the one helping. Your brother on Math and Taekwoon would teach him easier ways on computing and if Hongbin was having a hard time on Science, your brother would be the one helping with a bit of nagging and teasing on the side.

 

“Ya! This is not how you answer this part, Hyung!” Hyuk sighed frustratingly. “You should have read the topic first.”

 

“I did!” Hongbin showed Hyuk his paper. “See!”

 

“You guys are so noisy I can’t study properly here.” Taekwoon muttered, his eyes still on the book. Your brother then told Taekwoon to go home but then the older one laughed, “Fine with me. I won’t teach you math anymore then.”

 

Realization then hit your brother and soon enough, he was apologizing at Taekwoon and was doing some disgusting aegyo on him. You and Hongbin pretended gagging at the disgusting sight of Sanghyuk. Taekwoon, on the other hand, fed up with your brother’s aegyo kicked him away.

 

“Your brother is really disgusting.” Hongbin whispered. You agreed and both of you laughed seeing how Sanghyuk was practically shoving himself at Taekwoon.

 

Eventually, the studying/nagging/eating/studying/napping/studying session ended rather productively. You decided to go back to your house since you were going to do a project that you were to pass tomorrow and so you said goodbye to the boys. But then Taekwoon got up as well and told that Hakyeon called and that wanted to meet up and so he had to leave as well.

 

“WAIT! You two can’t leave together!” your brother shouted.

 

“Hyuk, you’re overreacting.” Hongbin said, “You two go. See you later guys.”

 

You and Taekwoon then went out together. You were heading on your house’s direction when Taekwoon called out your name. He smiled shyly and looked down, avoiding your look. “you.”

 

“Hm?”

 

"This may come off as weird but I ..." 

 

"you!" Hyuk stormed out of Hongbin's house before Taekwoon could even continue. Taekwoon immediately stepped back giving distance between you and him. "Go home this instant young lady." 

 

"I am going home. Ew, you're acting like dad, oppa." 

 

Just then, Taekwoon smiled. "I'll see you later then, you, Hyuk." That was close. That was really cool of you Hyuk, you had me there.

 

 

You and Minah were chatting on what to wear for your next shopping spree when Mr. Seo came in. The class quieted down and greeted the teacher who waved a stubborn hello. He placed his stuff on top of the table and yawned. “So. I just finished checking your exams…anyways, I’ll give it to you guys later.” He then proceeded to write something on the board. Once he was done writing it, everyone cheered including you.

School Festival.

You glanced at Mina and the two of you can’t help muster wide smiles on your faces. You and Minah had been talking nonstop about the school festival that was coming up anytime sooner.

 

“Shush. Restrain yourselves, kids. Stop yourselves from being wild animals. Good god.” Mr. Seo scratched the back of his head, annoyed with the noise the class had created. He cleared his throat and explained that each class per year would have their very own booth for the festival.

 

“It’s up to you what kind of booth you want our class to have but I have to approve it first. I don’t want anything happen like last time…”

 

You heard the last part and made you wonder. What happened last time? Mr. Seo then moved to the side and called for your class president in front so that the whole class can discuss on what kind of booth your class would want. Game booth! Maid Café! Cosplay Café! Couple Challenges Booth! Running Man Booth!... there were so many things that your classmates suggested. How on earth are we going to come up with just one?

 

Minah moved her chair closer to yours, “So…do you have any ideas on what we can have as a booth?”

 

You shrugged, grinning at your best friend. “I have no idea. There are actually so many good ideas. Truthfully, we can do almost everything.”

 

Minah nodded, “Yeah.”

 

Just then the class president told the class that there will be a voting for the final decision. After counting, she smiled and announced that out of the majority votes what your booth would be this upcoming school festival.

 

You sat on the couch between Sanghyuk and Hongbin were. They were busying themselves with a new video game they bought. The two were practically engrossed with the game that they didn’t even bother to notice you. Typical. You then scooted closer to Hongbin. He glanced your way for a second and smiled, “What’s up you?”

 

You shrugged. “Nothing much. What are you guys playing?”

 

“It’s—YA! Cover my back.” Your brother hit Hongbin’s arm. The two cursed at each other then at the TV. Once they calmed down, Hongbin asked you how your day was. You answered nonchalantly on how your day went about. The conversation moved somehow to the upcoming school festival and you mentioning of something Mr. Seo said that caught your attention. The two laughed. Sanghyuk violently pressed the buttons on his controllers and mentioned to you the incident that Mr. Seo didn’t want happening again.

 

“OH. That.” Sanghyuk laughed, violently pressing the buttons of his controller. “I think you have to ask Hakyeon-hyung about that if you want to know the full details.”

 

You glanced at Hongbin. He bobbed his head, completely agreeing with what your brother had said. The three of you then continued on with your chatting, side it with your constant distraction so that the two would lose the game. In the end, the two did lose the game but not because of you but because of your mom who called you guys for dinner. You and Hongbin went ahead while your brother stayed for a bit so he could switch of the game console and fix the ‘mess’ you guys did in his room.

 

“So. What theme are you guys going for the school festival?” Hongbin asked. You two walking downstairs.

 

You winked. “That’s a secret.”

 

“Ei.” Hongbin scoffed. “For all I know since you’re a freshman, you guys would go for the usual café.”

 

Despite Hongbin being right with his initial guess, you remained silent. So much for a secret, you. You then asked, “How about you guys?”

 

“Lucky for you, I don’t keep secrets with you.” Hongbin grinned and leaned close so only you could hear. “We’re doing a maze this year. There will be prizes.”

 

“Ohh.” You were excited. You raised your hand and voluntarily told him that you’ll go to their maze on the very first day of the school festival. Hongbin smiled. “Of course you are.”

 

“Oppa! You better give me the best prize you have.”

 

“We’ll see.”

 

The following days were all dedicated to studying and preparations for the school festival. Everyone was busy. You, even your classmates, rarely go out of the classroom. Mr. Seo would occasionally visit the classroom-turned-café. He would lazily inspect the place but you could see he was excited as well. His eyes weren’t the usual bored ones these days.

 

The first day of the school festival arrived. Banners. Posters. Music. Varieties. Games. The school was definitely packed with everything. You arrived at the school with your brother and Hongbin, and hurriedly went to your classroom to check if there were still things needed to be done. Thankfully, everything was all set. The class president together with your class representatives gave a short speech that you guys will do great because everyone worked hard. After the speech, everyone went with their own business.

 

you,” Minah dragged you out of the classroom and in to the hallway with a few of your classmates ahead of you two. “Come on! We have to get dressed.”

 

She handed you a paper bag and grinned. You took a look at what was inside. WHAT THE—I THOUGHT I WASN’T GOING TO BE PART OF IT! “YA. Minah! I thought—“

 

“We decided to assign you with us.” Minah winked, “There are too much people in the kitchen. Besides, we’ve always planned that you’d be part of our team.”

 

You can only face palmed at the events unfolding in front of your very eyes. You sighed and took another look at the clothes prepared by Minah for you. I don’t even wear this kinds of stuff. You turned to Minah who was sporting her very best please-support-me-your-best-friend-on-this face.

 

 

“Wonsikkie!” Jaehwan ran frivolously towards his partner who was busy accommodating the newly arrived students in their booth. The Casanova jumped on Wonsik’s back. Wonsik took a step back and stumbled a bit. Wonsik took a good look at Jaehwan and laughed, seeing the Casanova sporting a Devil outfit (not the usual red ones but an all-white suit stained with fake blood). Jaehwan hit Wonsik’s head and laughed sarcastically saying that he was wearing a Freddy Krueger costume (the handsome and hot version wherein it doesn’t give you nightmares but something else entirely).

 

“Ya. Jaehwan, what’s up with you today? Did you stole Hakyeon-hyung’s banana milk again?” Wonsik sighed.

 

Jaehwan, who was still on Wonsik’s back laughed, “WONSIKKIE! LET’S GO AND TAKE A BREAK!”

 

“But we just started, Jaehwannie.” Wonsik greeted a group of students entering their classroom turned booth. “Plus, more people are coming to our booth. The guys need all the help they can get.”

 

Just then, Hongbin, who was wearing a Jack Skellington costume (let your imagination run wild), came out of their booth. He went over to the two and asked what the commotion was all about. Jaehwan put himself down on the floor and fixed his costume. He pulled the two boys close so only they could hear. A smug grin written on his face, whatever he was about to say was gold information.

 

“I heard that 1-1 is doing a maid café.”

 

“Oh. So that’s why you want to—“

 

“What class did you say was doing a maid café??” Hongbin cut Wonsik. He needed to clarify what he had heard.

 

Jaehwan whispered with a wink. “1-1”

 

Hongbin cleared his throat. “Let’s go.”

 

Wonsik looked at Hongbin curiously. His friend wasn’t usually the person who goes to places like that. Wonsik and Jaehwan maybe but never Hongbin. He asked his friend what’s with the fuss but he shook his question. Hongbin tugged Jaehwan’s arm and told the Casanova to lead the way. “I’ll tell them that we’ll take a short break. You guys wait for me.”

 

“Hongbi—“

 

“Sure. Sure.” Jaehwan jumped all giddy in his place. Wonsik crossed his arms and thought of the situation. Jaehwan noticing Wonsik’s bothered look, patted his friend’s back and rested his arm on Wonsik’s shoulder. “Aish. Don’t overthink of the idea, Wonsik. Just enjoy.”

 

Hongbin came back and smiled, telling them that their class president agreed. And so, the three of them went downstairs to class 1-1. Once they arrived in front of the classroom, they were greeted by three female students wearing maid outfits. Cute maid outfits.

 

“Welcome, masters~”

 

Jaehwan cheered. Wonsik blushed. Hongbin looked around. The female students recognized Jaehwan immediately since he was the one who gave their class a tour on the first day of school. Apparently being familiar with their class gave the three boys somewhat a VIP treatment. They led the three costumed guys to a table near the windows and handed them each menus. While Jaehwan and Wonsik were busy looking at the menus, Hongbin was looking somewhere.

Just in time, someone approached their table and greeted them in an awkward yet cute voice. Hongbin smiled. Found you.

 

“Good Morning. May I please take your orders…masters...”

 

The three looked away from the menus and saw you standing before them. You hid your face with your hands. This is so embarrassing. You weren’t supposed to be outside serving people, you were assigned back in the kitchen but your oh so best friend forced you into becoming one of the maids. So now here you were, wearing a cutesy maid dress (with all the frills and lace). Hongbin smiled, dimples showing, and felt his stomach butterflies.

 

you…Hi.”

 

You bowed shyly and realized that they were wearing costumes just like you. You grinned, amused that they were all supposed to be scary but because of their handsome faces, it defeated the purpose of being scary. “Oh. Is this for your booth, oppa? The theme for your maze?”

 

Hongbin nodded.

 

you!” Jaehwan called your attention.

 

“Hi, Jaehwan-oppa.” You moved closer to him and smiled. He then raised the menu and pointed at what he wanted. While you were scribbling the food Jaehwan wanted, the Casanova started with operation you once again. “Omo. you is so pretty~ we should hang out later. You and Me.”

 

Wonsik chuckled. Hongbin rolled his eyes.

 

Wonsik shoved Jaehwan away and ordered as well. Jaehwan scowled and lightly punched Wonsik’s arm. “You’re just jealous because I get to be this close with you.”

 

“Jaehwan. I see you as my little sister.” Wonsik turned to you and gave a reassuring smile. “So make her cry, I’ll kill you.”

 

You giggled and supported thanked Wonsik. “Thanks Wonsik-oppa but I can handle Jaehwan-oppa pretty well.”  

 

Jaehwan clapped triumphantly, proving to Wonsik something. You just don’t know, actually no one did. Just then you felt someone hold your hand. You turned and noticed it was Hongbin. He tugged you closer to his side and pulled you down gently so that you were leaning near him. Hongbin, not releasing his hold from you, whispered close to your ear so only you can hear. “I want what you think is best here.”

 

For some reason you felt something stir within you. You moved away from Hongbin and plastered a smile. Outside you seemed composed but deep inside your brain was already failing. What on earth is happening?  “Uhm…uhhh….I’ll go and get…prepare your orders…” you mumbled.

 

“Don’t be long, you~” Jaehwan winked.

 

You bobbed your head and went your way. While you were gone, the three boys somehow got everyone’s attention. Thanks to their faces and cool costumes, more customers were coming.

Jaehwan loved it. Wonsik and Hongbin…didn’t.

Hongbin stole a glance and found you preparing their drinks. He can’t help but smile to himself. She looks so cute. Wonsik flicked Hongbin’s forehead so that his friend would snap out of it. Hongbin moaned.

 

“Ow. What was that for?” Hongbin rubbed the area where Wonsik flicked his forehead.

 

“Quit staring at you. She might melt with your piercing stares.” Wonsik said in a monotone voice.

 

“I wasn’t.”

 

“Oh yeah? I think the reason why we’re even here is because of her.” Wonsik openly pointed at you. “The thought of seeing you in a maid costume switched off your thinking.”

 

“I…” Hongbin was trying to look for a reason but found none. True. His heart raced when he heard that your class was doing a maid café but maybe the reason why he was so eager to see you was because he wanted to keep an eye on you. Don’t want any guy seeing here in that outfit at all.

 

While Wonsik was lecturing Hongbin, Jaehwan had pulled out his phone and took a stolen picture of you. Jaehwan asked for Hongbin’s phone; Hongbin handed his phone not even knowing why Jaehwan asked for it.

 

“Okay. Done.” Jaehwan returned Hongbin’s phone back. “There. I sent you you’s picture. So you can stare at her all day.”

 

“Wha—Jaehwan, you didn’t have to!” Hongbin slid the lock screen of his phone and discovered Jaehwan made your picture into Hongbin’s wallpaper. Hongbin immediately switched his phone off, embarrassed by what his friend was doing.

 

It wasn’t long when you came back with their orders. You single handedly gave them their orders and asked if there was anything they needed.

 

“You.” Jaehwan said.

 

Wonsik and Hongbin groaned in frustration. Hongbin especially. You grinned, loving Jaehwan’s antics since it was giving the two headaches. Before you left them, Hongbin asked when you will be free. You thought about it and told him that you’ll probably be free by lunchtime and asked him why.

 

I need to keep an eye on you. I won’t let anyone get near you while you wear that outfit. Hyuk will go mad. I will go mad. “Do you want to check out the other booths in school with me later?” Hongbin said, “But if you have someone to go with you, it’s—“

 

“Actually—

 

“Oh! She can accompany you later, Hongbin-oppa!” You looked back and saw Minah. I thought we’re going around together?! Minah…just what are you doing? Hongbin had his eyes on you, confirming if what Minah said was true.

 

“Of course.” You said. “I’ll see you later then,”

 

“Great.”

 

Taekwoon yawned. He was in charge of their classroom’s booth which was a paintball shooting booth. Their class rented the whole baseball field so it could give off at least a competitive and battle-mode kind of feeling to those who played. It was fun seeing students and friends play in their booth. It was an all-out war inside and by the time they ended, everyone was soaking wet.

Taekwoon watched the crowd passing by and saw Hakyeon approaching. He had popcorns and two large sodas in hand. Once Taekwoon was within reach, Hakyeon handed the popcorn and one of the sodas to his friend. Taekwoon thanked him and took a sip first.

 

“How’s everything?” Taekwoon asked.

 

Hakyeon smiled, proud that everything was going well on the first day of the school festival. “So far so good. Everyone’s enjoying it. Even the visitors.”

 

“Good.”

 

“Have you checked the other booths, Taek?” Hakyeon grabbed himself a handful of popcorn and ate next to Taekwoon.

 

“Not yet.”

 

Hakyeon chewed slowly his popcorn. “You should. You’re missing out a lot.”

 

Taekwoon agreed. He hasn’t seen you yet and he wondered what she was doing at the moment. I should have visited her first. Taekwoon then asked Hakyeon what the booths were and events for this year’s school festival. Hakyeon finished the popcorn on his hand before deliberately reporting what he knows.

 

“Well the usual events. Sports competition. Talent competition. Different booths. Cool ones.” Hakyeon smiled as he enumerated the different booths of each class. “Oh, Jaehwan’s class went for a horror maze this year? People are stoked. It seems that they’re using his screams for special effects.”

 

Taekwoon laughed. “Of course. Who wouldn’t? Jaehwan’s screams are to die for.”

 

“Oh. The second years’ booth were mostly on games. It was fun. Apparently they have this small competition within themselves on who gets to have more customers.”

 

“Who’s winning?”

 

Hakyeon gave Taekwoon a stubborn stare. “Are you serious? Who do you think?”

 

Taekwoon chuckled and mentioned Sanghyuk. The two shared a knowing look; Hakyeon then noticed something in the crowd. He squinted his eyes, hoping to get a better look on what it was. More like who it was. you. In a maid outfit!? WOW. Taek must see this! Before Hakyeon could even point out, he saw you walking with someone. Hongbin?

 

 

You and Hongbin walked around the school’s ground campus. Hongbin poked your cheek, calling your attention. He then offered you a caramel apple. You thanked him and took a bite. “How is it?”

 

“Yum.” You giggled. The two of you checked out the other booths. Apparently, going out with Hongbin on the first day of the school festival was fun.

You were actually kind of surprised when you saw Hongbin in your classroom’s front door. He was still sporting the Mr. Skellington costume and the more you looked at him, the more you found it cute and fitted him well. 

 

“Ready?”

 

“Just wait a second.” You gestured for Hongbin to kindly wait while you go change.

 

“No need.” Hongbin held your hand, stopping you from moving any way further. “If I didn’t change into normal clothes, you are going to suffer with me on this.”

 

“But—“

 

“No buts!” Hongbin pulled you out of the classroom and the two of you went your way.

 

 

You and Hongbin decided to go to the second floor where all the game booths were. Let’s have fun! Hongbin-oppa said. If we’re going to play first here then it must mean that Sanghyuk-oppa is here. Hongbin suggested that the two of you should try out first your brother’s booth. The moment you stepped right into Sanghyuk’s classroom, a guy welcomed you with a large banner.

 

“HI THERE! Welcome to the game booth of 2-1!” The guy you remembered was named Sungjae (all thanks to your brother) greeted with much enthusiasm. “Let’s go and play!”

 

Sungjae handed you both water guns and explained the game. While Sungjae was busy explaining the rules of the game, you looked around for your brother. Oh, oppa is not here. Once Sungjae was done with his small lecture, he left you and Hongbin.

 

“I wasn’t listening.” You regretted. Great. You’re going to lose. Definitely going to lose now. “Prepare to lose, Hongbin-oppa.”

 

“Don’t worry. I got you. I have no intention of losing you.” Hongbin grinned. You rolled your eyes, he really wasn’t the type to use lines like that. “Kidding. I need your help, of course.”

 

Hongbin then explained that the game was to kill all the ‘zombies’ by shooting colored water at them. Right after he had finished telling you the rules, the game started. Students dressed as zombies came out of their hiding place and moaned ‘brains’.

You found it funny. You and Hongbin shot dead as many as you can. The two of you clearly enjoying it. A zombie was close to you but Hongbin gently pushed you away and shot the dude right on the face. It was a close call. You thanked him by shooting a zombie behind him.

 

“Thanks.” Hongbin aimed for one particular zombie at the back and pulled the trigger.

 

“Don’t mention it.” You said, refilling your water gun.

 

The game went on for about ten minutes. You were running out of water ammo when the bell rang. End of game. The zombies went back to their hiding place except for one. One zombie who marched towards you and Hongbin. Instinctively, you moved behind Hongbin, hiding from the zombie; Hongbin who still had little gaming spirit left in him, shot the zombie right on the face. The zombie halted right in front of Hongbin.

 

“REALLY HYUNG?”

 

“Hyukkie?” Hongbin laughed, realizing whose voice it was. You peeked from Hongbin’s back and saw your brother’s face clearly this time.

 

He had green face paint covering his face and was wearing tattered clothes. Talk about everyone I know is wearing costumes today. It’s not Halloween right? Your brother wiped the water off his face and frowned.

 

“The game was over, hyung!” Hyuk complained. “I was supposed to congratulate you and your girl over here for winning. Speaking of girl who is—you?!”

 

You waved your hand in awkward manner. “Hi. Oppa.”

 

Hyuk looked at you from head to toe. His eyes widened. His brows furrowed and pointed at you disgustingly. “What the hell are you wearing?”

 

“What do you think? Obviously, it’s a maid outfit.” You purposely twirled around to boast the frills on your maid dress. Your brother frowned. He wasn’t liking it at all.

 

“My sister wearing a maid outfit is a nightmare. Please come back to your roots, you. You were never born to be a girly type of girl.” Hyuk wailed.

 

You sarcastically laughed. “Funny, hyung. I can wear dresses when I want to.”

 

Your brother made a funny face and turned to Hongbin. “You guys should check out the booth next door. They’re a game booth as well. They’re losing.”

 

“Sure. We’ll check on it later.” Hongbin handed back the water guns to your brother. “But first. Our prize?”

 

Hyuk called out Sungjae to fetch the prize. After a while, Sungjae came running towards your direction and was holding your prize. A large pastel pink stuffed teddy bear. You laughed. Cute. Hongbin took the bear from Sungjae and held your hand.

 

“Cool game, Hyuk.” Hongbin said, walking you to the door. “See you later.”

 

Hyuk waved bye and went back to his hiding place. Hyung, please don’t make me get all angry with you. You’re just taking her out on a friendly hang out right?

 

You and Hongbin exited their classroom and walked through the hallway. Hongbin handed you the pink stuffed bear. You thanked him and gave it a tight squeeze. “Oh my god! It’s soo fluffy!”

 

Hongbin chuckled, smoothing your hair. “Glad you like it. We earned that bear.”

 

“I used to have a stuffed bear like this.” You scanned the bear’s face and pouted. “What shall we call him?”

 

“Mr. Fluffy?”

 

“Mr. Fluffy. Junior.”

 

The two of you laughed. You embraced it one more time and smiled at Hongbin. “Mr. Fluffy Jr. it is!”

 

“OH! you! Binnie!”

 

The two of you turned to the voice and smiled on the person calling. Hakyeon. You waved hello to Hakyeon and noticed he was dragging someone along. You and Hongbin met them halfway and greeted them.

 

“Look at you you~ You’re so cute in that miad outfit!” Hakyeon gave you a hug. He glanced at his friend and practically fanboyed, “Isn’t she cute, Taekwoon?!”

 

Taekwoon looked at you straight in the eyes. “She is.”

 

 

 

---

Chapter 13 is out~~

So here it is the new update! Next one will be up hopefully in a few days~ THANK YOU THANK YOU for those who subscribed, upvoted and commented on this fic of mine! It means a lot to me ^^ So how was it?? Hope you guys enjoyed~