Bets

It's Raining

[160602. Updated]

 

It’s been months since you started hanging out with the three special (and weird at times) boys: your brother, Hongbin and Taekwoon. It was fun hanging out with them since you never know or what to expect to happen when with them. With Hyuk’s fun and spontaneous side, Hongbin’s compliance to almost anything and constant nagging and Taekwoon’s quite yet dangerous and caring personality, your days are always a rollercoaster that would never seem to end.

It’s also been a week since the last day of your middle school years and the first day of your summer vacation. You expected that leaving middle school will be grand but that was just your dramatic and overreacting thoughts caused by the dramas you’ve been watching on TV lately. The last day of school was just like any normal day. Throughout the day, you spent it with your friends and classmates like you will still meet each other the next day. Thankfully and as expected, your best friend, Minah, will attend the same high school.

The same school where your brother, his best friend and newly found friend were currently studying in.

It excited you but what excited you more was the fact that you get to hang out with Minah for the whole day. You and Minah and no rowdy boys. It was a breath of fresh air that you yearned for. The two of you met up at your favorite music store and went strolling. It was nice talking and catching up with her since you rarely go out with her because you hang out with the boys often. A guilt that you had but Minah always reassured you that she was fine with it and that she understands.

You and Minah went to the near shopping district of the city. It was only a few blocks and wasn’t that far and troublesome.

 

“Where should we go now?” Minah asked, glancing at the different stores you were passing by. You looked at the stores and pointed at a shop where it was famous for shoes and accessories. The two of you smiled and went inside without talking. It was like the two of you were mentally communicating with each other.

Shopping with your best friend was one of the greatest things in the world. You two would spend hours on choosing what to buy and what to buy next time when you come back.

 

“Oh. you, I think this would look good on you.” she said, pointing a neon sneakers. You laughed and agreed with her and suggested a pair of shoes for her.

 

You tried on the neon sneakers while she tried on a floral platforms. The two of you laughed since it didn’t match your outfits at all. In the end, both of you bought combat boots. 

You and Minah then went to the next store which was a famous clothing line shop. You and Minah tried out different clothes that both soothed your different tastes. If you went for the boy-ish girl kind of outfits, Minah was the opposite since she prefers the classy girly look. With that store alone, you ended up with three bags. Shopping with Minah went on like this: buy then go to the next store and the next and the next until you’ve gone into almost all of the stores. Both of you grew tired and decided that it was best if you two would eat lunch since it was already time for it.

Without saying anything at all, the two of you headed to the restaurant where you usually go to eat when you’re hanging out. It was a restaurant with an Italian theme. You sat by the couch table next to the glass window, your usual spot, and ordered the same food as always. Spaghetti and meatballs with milkshake. A weird combination for you and Minah but worked perfectly.

 

“So are you excited?” Minah asked as soon as the waiter left with your orders. You squinted your eyes indicating that you don’t know what she was talking about. Minah rolled her eyes and smiled sweetly, “for high school. We’ll be first years the moment we go to school. Aren’t you excited?”

 

“Oh. That.” You giggled shyly. “Of course I am, it’s high school.”

 

“I heard that it’s the best time of a student’s life.” Minah said, leaning back on her couch. You nodded in agreement because whenever you see your brother and Hongbin, they always looked like they were having the time of their lives. It must be true. “It’d be nice if we get to be classmates.”

 

You laughed. “We’ve always been classmates, Minah. So I don’t think we need to worry at all.”

 

The waiter comes back with your milkshakes and told that your spaghetti and meatballs will come out in a few minutes. You thanked the waiter before he left and went back to chatting with your best friend who was busy sipping her own milkshake. “Anyways, what are you doing for the whole summer?” you asked.

 

“I’m going to the countryside for a while.” Minah pouted. “My grandparents wanted the family to stay there for a while. How about you?”

 

You moved the straw of your milkshake in a circle-clockwise pattern and remembered something when you were eating dinner with your family and Hongbin’s family at their house last night. “Well…from what I know. We’re going to have a camping trip with Hongbin’s family anytime soon.”

 

Minah smiled at you cheekily. “You guys are really close with the Lees huh?”

 

“Well, yeah. My parents are friends with Hongbin’s parents. Hyuk’s best friend is Hongbin. It seems impossible to not be friends with them.”

 

“And are you friends with Hongbin?” she asked. You nodded without even hesitating and told her that Hongbin’s a best friend but not as best friend as Minah which made your friend giggle. “Just friends?”

 

“AH. Correction, best friends.” you blurted. A smug grin appeared on her face telling that she’s thinking of something not good. Her eyebrows lifted in a very doubtful manner.“Oh come on.” You eyed her suspiciously. “Of course! He’s a friend. I think you had too much of that milkshake.”

 

“No. I was just asking.” Minah pulled her milkshake out of your reach and said that she’ll back off. She knew what you meant was true but what she had been seeing between you and Hongbin was telling something entirely different. She began seeing these small things back when she first saw you with Hongbin and that was way back from grade school.

The orders arrived and the two of you started eating. Occasionally talking about some stuff then would resume to eating. You finished most of your pasta when Minah called your attention. She pointed somewhere at the window and you followed to where she was pointing. “Isn’t that…?”

 

“OH.” You gasped, quite stunned that you saw him sitting at the café next to your restaurant. “It’s Taekwoon-oppa.”

 

“What a small world we live in.” Minah commented. She haven’t met Taekwoon but she had seen Taekwoon through the pictures your brother with him (and sometimes with Hongbin) had taken and posted online which made you think. During the time you spent with each other, you don’t even have a single picture with him at all. Sad life. “Should we go say hi?”

 

“What?” you blurted and shook your head. “You’re still eating Minah. I guess it’s better not to introduce you in this state. We’ll just say hi after you’re done.”

 

Minah realized and completely agreed with what you said. Knowing that Taekwoon was just sitting at the place next to yours made you steal glances. He had his earphones plugged in his ears, meaning that he’s completely in his own world. A sight you’ve quite seen many times whenever you get to see him. Taekwoon was still quiet but he opens up to you when he can. You saw different sides of him between those months you get to spend time with the boys.

Taekwoon has a soft side to kids and animals, he likes food, he was more shopaholic than you therefore he was also a fashion enthusiast, he’s addicted to coffee and can drink to more than 10 cups and lastly he has a soft side towards you. You noticed that when your brother and Hongbin teases you, he would always come to the rescue. Even though it was fine for you to be teased, it wasn’t for Taekwoon.

 

“Hello? Earth to you.” you blinked and turned to Minah who was laughing at you who spaced out not too long ago. You apologized and noticed that Minah was already half done with her food. You glanced at Taekwoon and saw him preoccupied with his phone. He’s texting someone again. I guess he’s going to meet up with someone.

At that moment you saw him answering a call from his phone. He looked around, probably searching for the caller that was amongst the crowd outside the cafe. You looked around as well, figuring out who the mystery caller was. You looked for someone talking on a phone and that’s when you saw someone enter the café.

 

A tall and slender girl.

 

She waved her hands at Taekwoon who was already standing up waiting for the girl. Once the girl got close, the two embraced each other tightly. She’s pretty. Even with a distance you knew that whoever that girl was, she was undeniably pretty. Too bad you can’t see a proper view on the girl’s face since her back was the one facing you.

You turned to Minah who was still busy with her food. You smiled and preoccupied yourself with something else. You weren’t someone who would stalk and you had no intention to.

 

“Gosh. I’m really full.” Minah pouted, twirling the noodles with her fork. “I should have ordered something else.”

 

“We never order anything else.” You said in a childish voice, “You’ll break the tradition if you did.”

 

Minah laughed at your failed aegyo and went back to eating. While she was finishing her food, you looked at the two people you were intrigued at the moment. You inched yourself closer to the window and watched them talk. They were already sitting and the girl’s back was still facing you making you frown and long for her to turn around.

The girl was tall and slim, you had to admit. Her hair was longer and stylish than yours. Oh. Such pretty hair… you pouted. Please look back. Please look back. You yearned for her to turn so that you could see who the person was. Then there was something else that you’ve noticed. Oh…Taekwoon’s laughing and smiling. As soon as Taekwoon laughed, the girl playfully hit his arm.

 

“Oh. Taekwoon’s with someone.” Minah pointed out and adjusted herself to get a good view on Taekwoon and the mystery girl. “Omo. She’s pretty. I mean her back is pretty.”

 

“She is.” You nodded in agreement. You turned to your friend and saw her giving the waiter her card to pay for the bill since it was her time to pay for food because it was you last time. Minah smiled and told you that the two of you will now go and meet Taekwoon. Wait. What?

 

“We’ll just say hi.” she said clearly knowing that you worry too much. The waiter arrived and returned her card. As Minah got up from her seat, you stopped her by grabbing her arm. She looked at you wondering why you were doing such a thing.

 

“I think it’s best if we don’t.” You gulped, nervous for no apparent reason. “I mean… I did say we should say hi but he’s with someone else now. I think it would be rude of us we just come in there and barge in whatever they’re doing.”

 

Minah touched your hands that were holding her arms. “you. We. Are. Just. Going. To. Say. Hi.”

 

You glanced at Taekwoon and the girl. Even with a simple hi, you think that it would somehow disturb and make Taekwoon feel uncomfortable. Or more likely, you would be the one feeling uncomfortable. Seeing Taekwoon with another girl made you feel something. Something unexplainable. It wasn’t jealousy nor anger but pity. Pity on yourself. You secretly wished that the girl was you. You shook your head, having that idea in your head and sighed regrettably.

 

you.” Minah patted your hands that were still holding her arm. “Fine. I won’t push you or anything, okay? If you don’t want to say hi. It’s okay.”

 

You thanked your friend and released her from your grip. She smiled but then told you that the two of you still had to go to the café since she needs a hot tea from eating too much. “If we go there, we’ll just buy your tea then we’ll go, okay?” you raised your pinky finger and Minah easily entwined hers with yours.

 

“Promise.”

 

The two of you took your shopping bags and walked in to the café. As always and usual, the sweet aroma of coffee beans welcomed you both. You sat by the sofa just three tables away from Taekwoon and the girl. Your whole body resisting from looking at their direction. Don’t look. Don’t look,you.

You needed to distract yourself. You pulled out your phone and began playing a game. As long as you don’t look, it will be fine…wait…why am I even being like this? It’s not like I’m doing anything bad. I mean we just happened to see Taekwoon and pretty unnie assuming she’s unnie. I mean come on, it’s obvious that she’s unnie. Look at that body! Gosh I wish I could be pretty as her. You laughed at yourself. How on earth can you tell a girl’s pretty without even looking at her face yet?

 You decided that if Minah was still taking long in the line you would look at the couple sitting behind you. You checked your friend and saw that she was still third in line. Okay! I’ll look. Just one look then done. You turned hoping that you’d see them but the moment you were about to see the girl’s face someone’s torso blocked you from seeing. You silently cursed and glared at the person.

 

you?” The person mentioned your name with a hesitant tone, thinking if it was really you or not. You looked up to see the person’s face and smiled nervously. You waved your hand in a small manner.

 

“Oh. Hi, Taekwoon-oppa.” Busted.

 

“Are you here alone?” he asked, checking if you were with Sanghyuk or Hongbin. You shook your head and pointed at Minah who was now second on the line and told that you had her company.

 

“How about you? Are you all by yourself, oppa?” you asked trying to sound casual.  

 

“Actually—“

 

“Taekwoon~” You noticed the mystery girl’s silhouette come closer. You had your eyes glued on the girl, finally seeing her face. You had to force shut your mouth from dropping since it would be really awkward and embarrassing not only for you but for the whole mankind if they see you in a state like that. The girl stood next to Taekwoon and rested her arm on his shoulder.

 

“Oh. Hi there.” 

 

You stared blankly at the girl who just said hi to you. Oddly, once you got a better view of her you thought that there was something off about her and you just can’t seem to place what it was.

 

you?”

 

You blinked, slowly regaining yourself from staring at the mystery girl right in front of you but before you could even fully recover, the girl leaned forward just enough for both lips to touch. She smiled and had her eyes on your pink lips. “Wow. You’re prettier up close.” Eh? Somehow that small remark made you blush.

 

“Oh, you’re blushing.” She said rather seductively. “Did I do that?” She leaned back and returned to where she stood, next to Taekwoon who now had a stoic expression. He turned to the girl and sent a message with just the glint of his eyes. The girl seemed to understand whatever Taekwoon was trying to convey and just laughed. A laugh that did not fit for a pretty girl like her. She wrapped her arm around Taekwoon’s shoulder and tugged him closer but Taekwoon didn’t flinch and remained where he was standing while you on the other hand found the situation awkward and just decided to smile like an idiot.

Taekwoon noticed and quickly pushed himself away from the girl and placed a safe distance with her. He gently placed his hand on your shoulder and told you that the girl was his friend. You hurriedly got up from your seat and bowed formally at the tall and pretty girl.

 

“Hi, I’m you. It’ nice to meet you.”

 

The girl’s head perked, excited to have heard your voice. Instead with a shake of hands, she spread her arms wide and gestured for you to embrace her. She had a proud smile that was telling you to just hug her and you awkwardly did. Oh. For a girl, her body’s a bit muscular… She tightened her embrace on you and whispered to your ears, “I’ve heard a lot about you. It’s nice to finally meet you, you.” She released you after hearing Taekwoon’s obvious coughs. You glanced at her face and saw him wink at you. Wait a minute…is she flirting?

 

Taekwoon shoved the girl’s arm a bit hard, “Can you introduce to her properly? She’s confused.”

 

You turned to Taekwoon who was still focused on his friend. The girl chuckled, “Really? I thought it was obvious? I mean come on, look at me. So pretty and—” she looked at you then back at Taekwoon who looked damn serious. “Oh well, okay. Okay.” She shrugged and raised her hands in defeat.

 

The girl faced you and smiled. What happened next was something that you didn’t expect. The pretty girl raised her hand and pulled her hair off her head. You gasped, hastily covering your mouth with your hands. It took you a second to realize that the girl’s hair, her hair that you adored just a while back was nothing but a wig. The girl in front of you instantly transformed into someone else.

 

Tall and pretty unnie…turns out to be a tall and handsome oppa…

 

“Hi,”The guy previously a girl ran his hand through his short and real hair. He smiled sweetly and introduced himself. “I’m Taekwoon’s y friend, Cha Hakyeon.”

 

Taekwoon rolled his eyes at the word ‘y’ and Hakyeon can only laugh.

 

She’s a he…Pretty unnie was a guy…a handsome one…Why didn’t I notice this?? Why am I so dumb…gosh…UGH…Hakyeon…Cha Hakyeon…a pretty guy…you made me feel like I wasn’t a girl…gosh…she was prettier than me…Omo…Damn…MOTHERF—

 

“I think she’s in shock, Taekwoon. Is it possible that she wasn’t able to handle my sassiness?” Hakyeon waved his hand at you. “you?”

 

Taekwoon approached your frozen state and smiled, thinking that you weren’t able to handle yourself from the shocking truth about his friend. He then pinched your cheeks hard with his long fingers. You flinched and pulled his hands away from you. “OW! That hurt!” You glared at Taekwoon as you rubbed your cheeks in a circular motion.

 

“Welcome back.” Taekwoon placed his hands on his back and his eyes now on you. Hakyeon waved and smiled apologetically about deceiving you a while ago. He explained that the reason why he dressed like a girl was because they were currently filming a welcome video for the upcoming first years. As part of the student council, it was a simple way of letting the upcoming students feel comfortable at their very first day of high school.

Hakyeon played with the wig rather recklessly as he began ranting on Taekwoon for forcing him on being the girl. “I actually should be the guy in the video! But this guy over here,” he pointed at Taekwoon who stood silently. “Forced everyone to make me wear this girly outfit. I mean it’s okay since I look like one but still! My handsomeness cannot be seen with this girly outfit.”

The way Hakyeon spoke made you giggle. It was refreshing to hear; being confident about oneself and complimenting yourself like crazy. You glanced at Taekwoon who remained quiet and was staring at you. How on earth did these two become best of friends?

 

“Well, don’t you have any girl friends or female students in the council?” You asked, trying to help out in a way you can. “I guess they could fill that empty female lead.”

 

“I wish I had one.” Hakyeon sighed pitifully, “but I just can’t find the right one yet. As for looking for a female lead, the student council doesn’t have a female student and all of the girls in the school that we know are not available right now.”

 

“No, I meant—“

 

“OH! Now that I think about it.” Hakyeon smirked, reminding you of your brother’s creepy menacing grin. He’s thinking of something bad… His eyes scanned you from head to toe and gasped excitingly. He grabbed Taekwoon’s arm and shook it violently. “We could let her do the female lead, Taekwoon!”

 

Before you or Taekwoon could react, Hakyeon dashed back to their table where three other guys were. Probably their classmates or from the student council as well. Probably relaying the news that they’ve found a real girl to play the part. Ha. A real girl. You and Taekwoon were alone. You thought of something to talk about but before you could even speak, someone had interrupted you.

 

“I brought my tea. Let’s go, you.” Minah said, showing you her takeout tea. She looked to where you were facing and saw the tall and stoic guy. Minah stared at Taekwoon for about ten seconds and it would seem to go on if you hadn’t taken her arm and slid her next to you.

 

“This is my friend, Minah.” You introduced her to Taekwoon who still remained impassive. “Minah this is Taekwoon.”

 

Taekwoon formally bowed and shook hands with Minah. “It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“You too.” Minah said, staring again at Taekwoon who seemed to be astonished by his tall height. She must be feeling small too. Ahhaha.

 

“Okay! you, here’s the script for the scene!” Hakyeon returned with a two-page script. He noticed Minah’s presence and asked who it was; you repeated your introduction and they gladly greeted each other. “So, are you going to do it?” Hakyeon asked, giving you the script. Should I? Wait I don’t know what to do…

 

“She won’t.” Taekwoon answered for you.

 

“What do you mean no?!” Hakyeon protested but you had no say in it because Taekwoon was the one talking for you.

Out of nowhere, the two boys went on a staring contest; it felt like that they were fighting mentally and it was creepy to see who would win. Hakyeon failed. I guess no one can defeat Taekwoon when it comes to glaring…or staring…or anything. He sighed and crossed his arms upon his defeat. “Well I won’t go and do the girl part. I already took the makeup off. It’s a hassle to put it back on.”

 

“Girl part?” Minah whispered to you. You realized that she still has no grasp on what was happening. You immediately explained, telling a brief summary, to her what happened for the past minutes and saw her shocked expression. It made you laugh especially when you saw her reaction upon knowing that the pretty girl was none other than Hakyeon. She turned to Hakyeon who was busy arguing with Taekwoon. Taekwoon didn’t even budge to Hakyeon’s diss. “He was the girl?”

 

You nodded and stared at Hakyeon. Even you can’t believe that she was a he and that you were basically a bit envious. Not the fact that you thought Taekwoon was with a girl and she got to hang with him anymore but the fact that HE was prettier. Taekwoon glanced at you and back at Hakyeon.

 

“Her friend can do the female lead.” he said, pointing at Minah. Hakyeon took a minute before he agreed but bickered that he just wants you to himself. The moment Hakyeon’s words came out, Taekwoon punched his friend’s side with a bit of force.

He’s blushing… you looked away, knowing that if Taekwoon saw you saw his flushed face he would hide. You didn’t want that. You have this newly developed that you just recently discovered about yourself; seeing Taekwoon all flustered.

 

“Whatever.” You heard him mutter.

 

Hakyeon eventually gave up on you being the female lead and asked Minah to do the part instead. She wasn’t hard to persuade and quickly agreed to do it. With that done, Hakyeon quickly changed back to his normal clothes which was a black oversized shirt tucked into his black jeans. He’s handsome no doubt. You said and weirdly, Hakyeon appeared to have heard your thought because when he glanced at your way, he winked back and smiled, “I’m handsome huh?”

 

“Uhhm—“

 

Taekwoon who stood next to you quickly covered your eyes with one hand and told Hakyeon to get lost and just do the video. Hakyeon chuckled and then ranted back that he’ll steal you from Taekwoon. What in the world… Once Taekwoon saw Hakyeon was focused on the filming of the video, he put his hand away from your eyes. You didn’t know what to say or how to react with what he just did so you chose to stay silent. “I’ll just go and talk to…Minah.”

You slowly walked over to Minah who was reading the script and asked how she was doing.

 

“Okay, I guess. The lines aren’t that long so I guess this will be done in one cut.” She said, rolling the pieces of paper.

 

“Sorry about this.” You said, “Taekwoon-oppa put you on the spot.”

 

Minah laughed it off and told you that it wasn’t Taekwoon but her who put herself in this situation and that she was fine with it since she got to meet Taekwoon and Hakyeon. One of the boys then told that filming will start in a few minutes. You then walked back to Taekwoon who didn’t leave the spot.

 Hakyeon and Minah instantly clicked. That’s what you noticed while you watched them practice the lines for the scene. You and Taekwoon stood behind the camera as it began rolling. They were doing a scene in which Hakyeon was late and Minah just brushed it off. Typical Minah. That’s so like her. You tugged Taekwoon’s sleeve to grab his attention. “Did you rent the café or something? Because I know you can’t film or stay this long in a public place.”

 

Taekwoon nodded, “We didn’t need to rent. My family own the place.”

 

Oh. That’s a new one. You went back to watching Minah and Hakyeon act. They were acting like a couple on their first date and they were doing pretty well. I wonder if that’s how first dates usually go…

 

you.” Taekwoon called, “Do you want to go outside for a while?”

 

“Sure.” Taekwoon took your hand and led you away. The two of you walked outside the café and sat by one of the tables just outside the establishment. He sighed as he sat on a chair opposite to yours.

 

“Sorry about that.” Taekwoon rubbed the nape of his neck, “Hakyeon…can be persistent with what he wants.”

 

“No, it’s okay.” You said shyly, looking down so your eyes won’t meet. “I mean you got to let him choose Minah instead of me.”

 

Taekwoon nodded. You leaned on the table and smiled shyly. “Taekwoon-oppa, why didn’t you want me to do it?”

 

It was something that made you curious. Him not wanting you to act. His cheeks turned pink again and he instantly covered his face with his hands. You can’t help but smile at the sight. He was really cute. Once Taekwoon had calmed down, he looked at you and took a deep breath. “It’s because…there’s this scene…”

 

He looked at what was happening inside and then back at you. “Were you get to hold hands…with Hakyeon…I just don’t. I don’t want to see someone holding hands with you.”

 

“Oh.” Taekwoon looked down, embarrassed. You didn’t want him to feel awkward so you thought of something else to talk about. Somehow this situation was familiar. Déjà vu or something like that. “So does that mean you don’t like me holding hands with my brother and Hongbin-oppa?”

 

Taekwoon’s eyes focused on the people passing by. “Your brother and Hongbin’s fine. Just not anyone else.”

 

“Oh, I see.” You leaned back on your chair. Before the two of you even knew it, the filming was done. Your friend was right that it would end in one cut.

 

Minah and Hakyeon told you guys that they’ll be staying there for a bit ‘to get to know each other’ and that Taekwoon should bring you home. Well it wasn’t actually Minah and Hakyeon. It was just mainly Hakyeon who suggested that Taekwoon bring you home. Minah was just nodding at whatever Hakyeon was saying. If you knew better, his sassy friend was thinking of something. Somehow what Hakyeon said about Taekwoon wanting you for himself lingered in your thoughts but you chose to ignore it since you don’t want to think about such things. You knew it would only bring you to overthinking.

 

“SO! You take her home and please bring her home in one piece.” Hakyeon pushed Taekwoon next to you. “If you do something to her, I’ll do it to you even worse!”

 

You cringed at the thought, I don’t want that to happen to me either if Hakyeon would threaten me like that. Taekwoon just stared at his friend before he walked with you. As you and Taekwoon had a good distance between the two, Minah poked Hakyeon who was grinning widely.

 

“What are you doing?” Minah asked. “Why aren’t you letting me go with my best friend?”

 

Hakyeon crossed his arms and pointed at you and Taekwoon’s backs. “You see that. There’s definitely something going on with those two and I’m here to help them realize that.”

 

“You think so?” Minah stared at the two figures slowly disappearing within the crowd. “I think she fits with Hongbin better.”

 

“Who’s Hongbin?” Hakyeon eyed your friend suspiciously. Minah told the tanned man that Hongbin was your childhood friend and he was the one Minah was rooting for you. Hakyeon sighed and said that you would definitely end up with Taekwoon.

 

“How about we just bet on it?” Minah proudly stated, she knew that she’ll win the bet. “A year supply of food to whoever wins.”

 

Hakyeon placed a smug grin on his face and shook your best friend’s hand. “Call.”


 

You and Taekwoon have only passed two streets when he noticed you were holding shopping bags. Without any word, he took it from you. You protested but it did no good since he already took half of it from you. The only thing you could do was say thanks. “Welcome.” He said.

 

You and Taekwoon walked silently. After sometime, he was the first one to speak. “About what I said earlier…Forget that I said that. It’s just a little and shallow excuse of mine…so it would be great if you do forget it.”

 

What you did next was something that you didn’t even think about. You reached for his free hand and slowly entwined your fingers with his. He looked at you surprised but you chose to avoid his gaze. “I also don’t want….to see someone hold hands with Taekwoon-oppa…”

 

Taekwoon smiled and squeezed your small hand. You smiled back.