Lion and Dimples Oppa

It's Raining

[160601.Updated] 

“Oppa…” you sighed looking from left to right. It’s been almost an hour and a half since you last saw your older brother who told you to stay by the bench in the park since he’ll be buying you your favorite ice cream. As a little obedient sister you were, you stayed where your brother told you to be but it has been a while now and you were starting to worry. You weren’t going to cry like the loud kids in your neighborhood, you weren’t raised like that. Instead, you remained sitting patiently on the bench. While you were watching closely the people passing by, hoping one of them is your older brother, you saw a tall boy with an ice cream. You stared intently on the vanilla ice cream the boy was holding.

 

Uggh. It looks so delicious! You thought. Just then you heard your stomach growl, you rested your hands on your tummy and sighed. Where is oppa??

 

“Are you alone?” a soft voice asked. You looked up and saw the tall boy standing in front of you. His eyes were focused on you but yours were on the melting ice cream. The boy tilted his head sideways so your eyes would meet.

 

“Oppa told me not to talk to strangers,” you looked away and covered your mouth instantly with your little hands so you won’t speak another more word. The boy chuckled; He then sat next to you on the bench and continued eating his ice cream silently. With your hands still covering your mouth, you scooted away from the boy. Minutes had passed and no words were exchanged from either of you. You also noticed that he stopped eating his ice cream and it was slowly turning liquid. The sight of the melting ice cream disheartened you. “Uhmm…” you lifted your hands away from your mouth, “aren’t you going to eat that ice cream?”

 

“Huh?” the boy glanced at you, “I thought you don’t talk to strangers.”

 

You quickly covered your mouth again, heat rushed to your cheeks as you realized that you just had broken your promise to your older brother. The boy chuckled, “Cute.”

 

~grumble~

 

The two of you looked at each other; the boy smiled while you, on the other hand, remained oblivious. The boy glanced at his ice cream then at you. The boy leaned his ice cream to your direction, offering it to you. He didn’t speak or anything, and just waited for you to take it from him. Oppa told me not to take stuff especially food from strangers… you hesitated. But I’m also hungry…and momma told me it’s bad not to accept the gifts that people give you…

You took the ice cream from the boy and bowed thanks. You first took a small bite on top of the vanilla ice cream. You smiled as the cooling flavor soothed your throat. The boy watched as you ate the ice cream silently. He didn’t speak and just remained seated silently beside you even after you finished the cold food.

 

“Thank you, Leo-oppa.” You smiled, “I’ll tell oppa what you did and he’ll pay you handsomely!”

 

“Leo-oppa?” he asked, wondering why you called him such a name.

 

“You look like a lion to me.” You gestured a face of lion with your hands acting like paws. The boy could only smile at what you just did. Then you began blabbering about stuff like how your older brother usually takes you out to buy ice cream, to how he plays with you, and that to your older brother you are the prettiest girl he has ever seen. The boy smiled, knowing you weren’t hungry and that you felt better. “Cute.” He mumbled. Eventually, you fell asleep on the boy’s lap without the two of you knowing how it even happened.

But the boy remained awake, watching over you. It was getting late already and he was worried that your so-called oppa hasn’t appeared yet let alone not even your parents. Just as he was about to give up and just carry you, someone shouted for a name.

 

you!!” He ran towards you and the boy’s direction. It was your older brother. His eyes were puffy red. He had been crying while searching for you, he was catching his breath the moment he stopped in front of you.

 

“Are you the person she calls oppa?” the tall boy who had been watching over you asked.

 

Your older brother sighed, “Of course I am.”

 

The sound of your brother’s voice woke you up. Before the tall boy could ask another question, you wrapped your arms around your older brother, “OPPA! WHERE WERE YOU!?”

 

“I’m sorry you. I got lost on the way here, I’m sorry I left you. I won’t do it again, I didn’t even get to buy an ice cream.” your older brother apologized. He felt guilty, he was about to burst into tears once more but prevented himself from doing so because he wanted to show you his cool side.  You released him from your grasp and smiled sweetly.

 

“It’s okay. Leo–oppa accompanied me and gave me ice cream.” You pointed at the tall boy who was still sitting on the bench. You grabbed your older brother’s hand and pulled him so that he would get a closer look at your new friend. “Leo-oppa this is my older brother, Hyuk-oppa. Hyuk-oppa this is my new oppa, Leo-oppa.”

 

The two boys bowed and exchanged greetings with each other. Your older brother smiled shyly, “Thanks for accompanying my little sister even though you don’t know her.”

 

“It was nothing.” The tall boy silently answered. “…and…my name’s not Leo…it’s Taekwoon. Your sister only gave me that name.”

 

Your older brother laughed, scratching the back of his head. “Aha, my little sister tends to name the people she meets.”

 

“It’s fine.” Taekwoon glanced at you holding your brother’s hand tightly. He looked back at your brother, “…I find it cute…”

 

“Oppa!” you tugged your brother’s hand, cutting their conversation. “Can we let Leo-oppa come with us?”

 

But before your brother could answer, the tall boy answered. “I can’t. I have to go back home or else my parents and older sisters would get mad.”

 

“Eh?” was the only thing you could say. The tall boy approached you and gently patted your head. “I guess I’ll see you then.” He looked at your brother and told him that he would be leaving first. You watched as the tall boy’s figure walked further away from you and your brother. He looked back and waved his hand goodbye. You pulled your hand away from your brother’s grasp and waved goodbye as well.


“See you later, Leo-oppa!”

 

You and your brother then walked home, hand in hand. You told your brother how you met Leo-oppa and how he should reward Leo-oppa handsomely.Your brother laughed, “I guess I should but first…” he glanced at you and grinned. “Let’s go eat! Mom made us our favorite!”

 

“Yup! Lots and lots of food!” you giggled, as you ran next to your older brother.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the last day of summer and you were in your room, playing with your two teddy bears that your parents had brought you the past Christmas. You were drinking tea when someone interrupted your meeting your teddy bears. “you, can I come in?” your brother, Hyuk, knocked on the door. You paused, thinking if you should let your brother in or not. You glanced at your white teddy bear you called Mr. Fluffy. “Should I let oppa in, Mr. Fluffy?”

 

You grinned. “Mr. Fluffy said no!”

 

“What why not?” your brother asked behind the closed door.

 

“Because Mr. Fluffy said that we’re having tea right now.” You walked over to Mr. Fluffy’s side and poured him an imaginary tea with your teapot.

 

“How about me?” you heard another familiar voice. A voice all too familiar with you. You sprinted towards the door and opened it without any hesitation. You smiled widely as you saw the owner of the familiar voice.

 

“Dimples-oppa!” you squealed, excited to finally see him again.

 

The boy next to your brother smiled, revealing the deep dimples he had. “you, annyeong.”

 

You looked over to your brother and pouted, “Why didn’t you tell me that Dimples-oppa was here! I would have opened the door!”

 

“It was supposed to be a surprise, you,” Hyuk crossed his arms and glanced at Dimples-oppa. “I told you Hongbin-hyung, she would open that door if it was you.”

 

The so-called Dimples-oppa laughed, “I can see that.”

 

“It’s like you’re his brother and not me.” Hyuk sighed, looking defeated. “I give up on her.”

 

“Don’t be like that. you is just teasing you.”

 

You two looked at the two boys back and forth as they started talking to themselves. You sighed; it’s back to normal again. They’re in their own world again… You walked back inside your room and played with Mr. Fluffy instead.

 

“They’re so noisy, aren’t they Mr. Fluffy?” you said, pouring imaginary tea on your cup as well and sipped it like a princess.

 

“Hey, can we come inside?” Hongbin asked. You didn’t need to look at them when you nodded. The two boys walked over to your table made out of piled pillows. Hongbin sat next to you while your brother on sat on the other side. You walked over to your “kitchen” and grabbed two more cups for your new guests. You handed them each cup and poured them tea.

 

“So how was your summer you?” Hongbin drank the imaginary tea.

 

“YUCK- your tea tastes bad.” Hyuk made a disgusted face and let Mr. Fluffy drank the rest of his tea.

 

You glared at your brother but decided not to comment on how your brother had bad taste in everything. You sat in between the two and smiled at Hongbin. “It was fun! Yesterday, Oppa and I went to the park and he got lost leaving me alone in the park.”

 

“What?” Hongbin looked at Hyuk, who was already preparing for Hongbin’s scolding. But you didn’t want to see your brother being scolded so you quickly answered.

 

“But I wasn’t really alone, Dimples-oppa! I was with Leo-oppa!”

 

“Leo-oppa?” Hongbin chuckled at the name. You nodded and looked at him seriously, “Yup! Leo-oppa was kind enough to stay with me. Oh and he gave me ice cream too!”

 

Hongbin smiled and pinched your cheek fondly. “That’s good. At least I know you weren’t alone.”

 

“Who’s Leo-oppa?” Hongbin asked your brother who just poured himself an imaginary tea. Hyuk squinted, trying to remember the face of the nice hyung he met last time.

 

“His name was Taekwoon, I think.” Hyuk finally said.

 

“Taekwoon?” Hongbin repeated, recalling if he knew someone named with that name.

 

“Yep, do you know someone named Taekwoon, hyung?” your brother asked; Hongbin shook his head, not remembering any one named Taekwoon.

 

“Oppa!” You tugged on Hongbin’s sleeve, letting him turn his attention to you. “Mr. Fluffy wants you to tell him about your travel. I’ve been telling him but he just won’t believe me.” You grabbed Mr. Fluffy from his seat and showed it to him. Hongbin gladly shared one of his story; while you two were busy talking to Mr. Fluffy, your brother watched as you and Hongbin talked. Hongbin was your neighbor but was someone you and Hyuk can call a brother. Hyuk and Hongbin were friends even with Hongbin being older, it didn’t feel like it. And when you finally came, you three became best of friends. Even though sometimes, Hyuk feels a little jealous when you always favor Hongbin over him at times. Hongbin has a soft side for you because he saw you as a little sister he never had and vice-versa. It was always the last day of summer where you would meet Hongbin since his family would always travel in the country or overseas and as always you received something from him every time he comes back home.

 

“How was Japan, Hongbin-hyung?” Hyuk cutting your conversation with Mr. Fluffy as he stretched his legs for it was getting sore from sitting.

 

“Japan was fun,” Hongbin said, “which reminds me,” he pulled something out of his pocket. It was a small red box. One that definitely caught your eye. He then handed it to you. “Here you go.”

 

“What is it, Dimples-oppa?” you lifted the cover and gasped at the sight of a baby pink ribbon hairclip. To you it was the cutest hairclip you have ever seen. Hongbin took the hairclip and put it on you.

 

“There, now you look even cuter.” He said, causing you to blush. You hid behind Hyuk and muttered a thank you. Hyuk laughed, “Why are you hiding from Hongbin-hyung again you?”

 

You tend to hide from Hongbin whenever he talks on how you were cute. It was because you were always too shy to show your red face in front of your Dimples-oppa since you have a crush on him as well. But to Dimples-oppa, you were even cuter when you acted all shy around him. “It’s okay, Hyukkie.” Hongbin waved it off. He glanced at his wristwatch and sighed, “I have to go back now; Mom and Dad wants me back before lunch.”

 

Hongbin got up from the floor and waved goodbye to both of you. “See you later, Hyukkie. Bye you.”

 

You waved your small hand and hid behind Hyuk again. “I’ll come later to your place, hyung.”

 

“Sure thing. Do you want to come too you?”

 

You nodded. Hongbin looked at your brother and reminded him to let you come with when he’s going to Dimples-oppa’s house later. Hyuk nodded, “I’ll accompany you downstairs, then.”

 

You were now visible in Hongbin’s view. You quickly turned around so he wouldn’t see your still red face. You heard Hongbin chuckled and their footsteps going down the stairs. As soon as you heard the front door clicked, signaling you that Dimples-oppa left, you ran to the window and looked at Hongbin who was walking towards his house. Before he entered his house, he looked back and saw you. Hongbin waved his hand and went inside his house. You ran away from the window and to Mr. Fluffy and hugged him tightly than ever. Hongbin-oppa called me cute~