Confusions

It's Raining

You and Minah sat next to each other in the classroom. So far, most of your classmates were nice and approachable. It was a good sign; you had high hopes that it would definitely turn out to be a good year for you. Of course, the person always by your side was Minah. Having her next to you gave you a reassuring feeling of not being left alone.

 

“I heard that your brother is Han Sanghyuk from 2-1?”

 

“Omo, you’re so pretty! I guess it runs in the genes!”

 

You answered similar questions from time to time. I guess the reason for their stares was that I’m Han Sanghyuk’s little sister. Is my brother that well known in this school? By the time you had yourself acquainted with the other students, a teacher entered the classroom and everyone, including yourself, went to their chosen seats.

 

“Okay, please get to your seats and calm the heck down,” You turned to where the voice came from and saw the face of Mr. Seo. Who would’ve known?

He grabbed one of the chalk laid on the chalk holder and wrote his full name on the board. Seo In Guk. He faced the whole class and smiled; staring at him he does have similar features with Hakyeon. The only differences maybe are the cute mole under his left eyes, slightly slanted eyes, and that he has lighter skin. He crossed his arms and leaned on the board, “Sup, so my name is Seo In Guk, you can call me Mr. Seo. I’ll be your homeroom teacher for this school year, so I hope we all get along and enjoy this year together.”

 

Some of the female students fawned silently over the teacher and you can’t help but smile as well. This would be a fun year.

 

“Okay, so how about I check the students’ list? Raise your hand when I call your name.”

 

And so Mr. Seo recited names the names of the students. He was already in the middle of the list when he called your name. You raised your hand and glanced at your way. He smiled and whispered something about your brother that you didn’t quite catch but judging by the way he smiled, you guessed it was something ridiculous. When he finished the list, he discussed a few class rules, helpful tips and reminders. He told that the class could maintain the seats where they’re already are as long as there was order. You and Minah glanced at each other and grinned like crazy people. Yup, this will definitely be a good year.

 

“So now, I’ll be passing you guys to one of the student officers. He’ll give you guys a tour around the school.” Mr. Seo turned to the door and called someone to come over. The door opened and there entered the guy you just bumped into earlier. The squeals of the girls and frustrated moans of the boys were mixed into one loud and noisy crowd.

 

“Chill guys, he’s not a celebrity for crying out loud and I tell you that there are far cooler guys than this one over here.” Mr. Seo boringly introduced the guy who had the most aegyo face you’ve ever seen (even though he hasn’t done anything at all…yet). “This is Lee Jaehwan, the student public relations officer.”

 

Mr. Seo then added a few info on Jaehwan; that he was a third year (same as Hongbin) and that his job as an officer was to give out information, announcements and conduct surveys on the entire student body. You looked at Jaehwan; he seemed fine but then you remembered the events earlier.Oh, right.

 Jaehwan waved his hand and courteously bowed in front of the class, “Hello,” his eyes scanned the room and locked his sights on you. The smile on his face appeared brighter than usual, “I’ll be with you for the entire morning for the tour and help you in familiarizing yourself with the school. I’m looking forward to it.”

 

“So that’s about it? I’ll let Jaehwan take care of you guys. If you guys need anything, ask him or you could stop by the faculty room where I’ll be. See you guys later,” Mr. Seo patted Jaehwan’s shoulder and dismissed himself.

Once Mr. Seo was gone, those curious girls began to interview the tall guy in front and he answered most of it earnestly. Instead of having your full attention on Jaehwan, you and Minah chatted.

 

“Mr. Seo is so cool,” Minah started. “I think I’m having a crush on him.”

 

You giggled, “He is cool but I won’t go to the extent of having a crush on him.” You also mentioned to your friend the new info you heard about Mr. Seo, that he was Hakyeon’s cousin. Hearing that brought more joy to Minah for some odd reason. Could it be…?

 

“Please the reason why you don’t have a crush on Mr. Seo is because you have a thing for Taekwoon. But I’m sorry you but I ship you with Hongbin and I do think that something’s going on between you two. So much deeper than with Taekwoon!”

 

“Oh my gosh,” You slapped your face laughing at your friend’s longtime antic. Minah’s been at this for a while now. “Minah, Hongbin-oppa and Taekwoon-oppa are just my friends.” But with Taekwoon-oppa…I have no idea.

 

“Okay, if that’s what you see.” Minah laughed, “But I’m not taking it back.”

 

With two of you being so immersed in talking, you didn’t notice that most of the students already left for the tour. It wasn’t until someone approached you and Minah that snapped you and her from your small bubble.

 

“I hate to break it ladies but we have to go,” Jaehwan crouched in between you and Minah.

 

“Oh, sorry.” Minah immediately rose from her seat and you followed.

 

Minah walked ahead and before you could get the chance to catch up with your friend, Jaehwan had blocked your way. You gave him your signature what-do-you-think-you-are-doing look but Jaehwan didn’t flinch instead he moved closer, boxing you in. “You still haven’t told me your name,” he said, engaging a conversation with you.

 

“Why should I?”

 

“First, I’m an officer that’s assigned to you. Of course, I’d want to know the names of the students of the class I’m currently handling. Second, I asked you a while ago and I didn’t receive a proper answer.”

 

“If I tell you my name will you leave me alone?” You asked quite annoyed.

 

Jaehwan shrugged, “I don’t know yet but something tells me I’d want to see you more.”

 

Before the conversation can go any further, Minah miraculously came back and called for you. “Ya. Hurry up, will you?”

 

“Coming!” Your character instantly changed from annoyed to smiling and walked pass Jaehwan. Minah glanced at him and asked.

 

“Aren’t you touring us around the campus? What are you doing here? You should be in front.”

 

This is one of the reasons why I love you Minah. You bite your lower lip to prevent yourself from laughing. Jaehwan didn’t falter on Minah’s say and just chuckled, “Sorry. I was completely mesmerized by your friend here.”

 

“Well, sorry but my friend here is taken. She is Lee Hongbin’s.”

 

Yeah—WAIT WHAT ARE YOU SAYING MINAH?! Your eyes widened as you heard Minah continued on the obviously fake relationship. WHAT THE HELL MINAH? Jaehwan glanced at you then back at Minah. You thought hard if you were to tell the truth at that moment or should just remain quiet. Your friend said that lie for a reason and that was for Jaehwan to back off. So you just decided to remain silent. You turned to Jaehwan and saw a knowing smirk appear on his face. “Oh, really?” He walked up to you and leaned down for your eyes to meet. “Too bad. Well there is always a time when I can snatch you away from him. Hongbin should be careful.” 

Jaehwan smiled sweetly (but naughtily), “For now, let’s go around the campus!”

 

At that point, he left the room and caught up with the rest of the class that were waiting outside of the classroom. Once you made sure that Jaehwan or anyone was out of earshot, you hit Minah’s arm. “YA! What was that!?”

 

“Uh, can’t I get a thank you first? I practically saved your from that handsome predator over there.” Minah rubbed the sore part where you had hit her.

 

“Thank you? You could’ve said something else!” You cried, “Why would you say that I’m Hongbin’s?!”

 

“Sorry that was the only excuse I could think of,” Minah sighed. Her actions slowly sinking in to her thoughts, “I mean come on, it’s not like that guy knows Hongbin-oppa.”

 

“And what if he does?”

 

“Well,” Minah crossed her arms, “I guess we’ll just ask him to act like one for the mean time. No harm done.” You rolled your eyes. This…is such a wonderful way to start my year…

 

After the conversation with Minah, the two of you followed the class outside. The tour with Jaehwan was okay besides the fact that he would occasionally look at you and from time to time would stand next to you and Minah and would try to talk or more like flirt. Given that you still had manners, you answered his question but in the shortest replies you can. He would sometimes throw flirty jokes here and there but you weren’t swayed at all. UGH. Of all people why am I the one that’s being picked on by this fellow? The scene Jaehwan was doing with you also caught some of your classmates’ attention and you just had hoped that they weren’t thinking badly of it.

Talking about the tour around campus, the school was quite larger than you expected. It had its own soccer field, cafeteria, swimming pool, and a few buildings more than the usual high school. You wondered if you would be able to see the three dorks in your life in the school but then that thought was disturbed by one tall handsome and annoying guy.

 

Recess came and Jaehwan had now left the class in the cafeteria and that he would be returning as a student dismissing himself from the class. The class was then divided into different groups but even with that happening, you and Minah stuck together, got yourselves your own food (sandwich and milk) and looked for an empty table. Kindly enough, there was a group of your classmates that were nice enough for you to share a table with.

After a while of getting to know more about your classmates and eating half of the sandwich and milk you bought, more students entered the cafeteria. One of them was your all too favorite Lee Hongbin who was with a slightly taller and cool guy. Must be the friend he was talking about. 

You were about to wave hello when someone approached Hongbin and blocked your sight of him. Of course it was Lee Jaehwan. OH MY GOD, IT’S JAEHWAN. You almost choked; Minah noticed it and patted you on the back asking if you were alright. You nodded and apologized for creating a small ruckus. Once you have gained composure, you had your attention back at Hongbin, his friend and Jaehwan who were talking casually at each other.

 

So they know each other, huh…OH NO…they know each other…I’m dead. So dead. MINAH what the hell did you put me into?!?!? First day of school and enough drama has happened. Seriously?!?!? WHAT DID I DO IN MY PREVIOUS LIFE TO DESERVE THIS BAD LUCK!!

 

Just then you saw Jaehwan showing of his cutesy eye smile and Hongbin sporting his signature dimples smile. It was like watching an all-out smiley war. A war that hasn’t been seen by the world. Jaehwan then muttered something to Hongbin and pointed at your direction. Hongbin followed Jaehwan’s finger and saw you. The look he was giving was all too familiar to you; the look where he was confused and frustrated because he had no clue of what the situation was. At that moment, it dawned on you what was happening.

 

“Oh sh—“


 

“You sure you don’t want me to come home with you?” Minah asked, zipping her backpack to a close.

 

You nodded and told her not to worry about you. You assured your friend that you can survive alone. Minah hesitated at first but then let it go. You and Minah said goodbyes to your classmates and head out. The two of you walked together out of the classroom until the entrance gate. First day of high school had finally ended and all in all it was a relief but there was one matter you weren’t ready for. Coming home. Going home means that you would be seeing Hongbin that would lead to awkwardness and eventually it would lead to your ultimate demise and finally would lead into oblivion. You were not ready at all. NOT AT ALL. THIS IS LEE JAEHWAN’S FAULTWAIT, IT’S ACTUALLY MINAH BUT WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE FEELING PARANOID?

You and Minah said your goodbyes and promised that the two of you would chat later. She apologized once again for the irrational thing she did earlier but you already forgave her since being mad at her won’t do anything at all. Minah went ahead while you wait by the entrance gate for your brother.

 

I can do this. I can do this. Hongbin is someone you’re comfortable with and not some random stranger. You thought. Not too long ago, you saw your brother coming up. He spotted you in an instant and dashed towards you.

 

you!” He suddenly wrapped his arms around you and looked around suspiciously. “Did some guy come and flirt with you!? I’ll kill him!”

 

“Oppa, chill.” You pushed yourself away from your brother and laughed saying that he was too paranoid and that he shouldn’t worry that much. And I thought I was the paranoid one?  You laughed to yourself. Sanghyuk apologized.

A few minutes later, you noticed Hongbin with the same guy he was with at the cafeteria earlier walking towards you and your brother. He seemed okay, happily chatting with his friend and waving his hand to Sanghyuk…what about me? I get none.

 

“Hey.” Hongbin smiled. He glanced at me and pointed at his friend, “This is Wonsik, my friend and classmate. Wonsik, youyou, Wonsik. She’s Hyukkie’s little sister.”

 

The guy next to Hongbin bowed courteously. “So you’re the infamous you. I heard a lot about you from Hyuk and Binnie here.”

 

“All good I hope,” You giggled nervously. Wonsik grinned smugly and mentioned that he heard stuff that you shouldn’t even worry about. Hearing that made you feel better. Good thing.

 

“Oh. Is Wonsik-hyung coming with us?” Sanghyuk asked. The two friends glanced at each other and back at your brother. Hongbin answered no because he and Wonsik will be hanging out for a while since both went overseas for summer and didn’t get to see each other for quite some time. Sanghyuk bobbed his head and said goodbye to both of them.

 

You bowed and waved goodbye. “It was nice meeting you, Wonsik-oppa.”

 

Wonsik smiled, “Same. I’ll see you around.”

 

“See you later you,” Hongbin said. You smiled and simply gave a subtle nod. Hongbin looked confused since you rarely became polite towards him given that you practically grew up together. Maybe it was because of Wonsik’s presence that you became quiet, Hongbin thought. The four of you then walked in different paths.

 

Lee Jaehwan what did you do now? Both you and Hongbin thinking of the same thing. 


 

Hongbin and Wonsik were heading to the bus stop when Wonsik finally broke the silence that’s been killing him. He gestured at something behind him and chuckled, “So that’s you.”

 

“Hm.” Hongbin hummed. His eyes focused on the sidewalk where they were walking.

 

“You didn’t tell me she was that cute. A bit weird since she looks like a girl version of Sanghyuk but cute. Cuter.” Wonsik said, putting his hands on his pockets. “So she’s your—“

 

Hongbin gave him a mocking stare, “My what?”

 

Wonsik fluttered his eyes teasingly, “She’s definitely the girl you like for years that you bother not telling your best friend about except for those not so helpful hints when I ask.”

 

Hongbin chuckled. The two reached the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive. The two talked about random topics from a new video game to a funny episode of their favorite variety show to their club matters and finally to their experience on their first day of school.

 

“The food at the cafeteria wasn’t good today. I hope they change their menu already,” Wonsik acted as if he was crying a river. Hongbin laughed commenting that Wonsik was really bad at acting and he should be forbidden to go near the drama club.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I heard.” Wonsik said, “Oh. That reminds me, Jaehwan was acting a bit weird huh?”

 

Hongbin nodded, recalling the events earlier. Jaehwan had appeared out of nowhere and said some things that Hongbin didn’t like; regarding you. He glanced at his friend, “Jaehwan is a good friend but he can get out of hand sometimes.”

 

“Are you still mad at him?” His friend asked, “I mean Jaehwan can mean that as a joke, it’s Jaehwan we’re talking about here.”

 

Hongbin shrugged. “I’m not mad. I was just ticked off by what he said.”

 

“I’ll talk to him later.” Wonsik patted his friend reassuringly, “I have my ways with that guy.”

 

“Please don’t beat up Jaehwan.” Hongbin grinned. “The kids at school are really afraid of you, all thanks to your rough features..not that I’m blaming you or your parents. So I suggest you don’t do anything reckless like that.”

 

“Wha—hey it’s not my fault that I give off that kind of vibe. If people get to know me, they would realize that I’m a softie.” Wonsik crossed his arms and leaned on his left. Hongbin laughed, his friend is really a softie. He has never seen a cool guy like him cry over petty things.

Wonsik was innocent…well in some department. 

The two then moved their topic to what would it be like to be a gangster. They decided on that Wonsik would be the mafia boss since his appearance and physique was a perfect fit while Hongbin would be the son of the mafia who would turn rebellious once he falls in love with the daughter of the opposing mafia. Hongbin protested about it but eventually gave up, there was no choice here. Besides, it was just one of their random thoughts.

 

“Is that why you insisted on going out instead of going home with her and Sanghyuk?” Wonsik said, going back to their topic on you.

 

“Of course not. I’m here because we haven’t hang out in a while.” Hongbin answered. “But I don’t want Jaehwan doing some of his petty tricks on you. So you better tell him that.”

 

Wonsik nodded. “Don’t worry about it.”

 

The bus had finally arrived and the two went in and had gone with their own little adventure. 


Taekwoon sighed. “Do I really have to wait for you?” He glanced at his friend, Hakyeon, who was busy organizing files at the student council room. Hakyeon bobbed his head, eyes not leaving the files and papers he was fixing.

 

“Because after this I decided that we should go somewhere before going home.”

 

Taekwoon walked to the couch placed below the room’s window and lied down. He held his bag like a pillow and noticed the keychain you gave him. He smiled and played with it. He wasn’t able to talk to you the whole day since he was always being dragged by Hakyeon.

On recess break, he was about to approach you and just exchange small talk but Hakyeon had dragged him to the rooftop. By lunchtime, he saw you hanging out with your classmates; he was only supposed to say hi but Hakyeon had dragged him yet again this time to the classroom because he forgot something. Dismissal time and Taekwoon was determined to go home with you, Sanghyuk and Hongbin. He tried to hide from Hakyeon but that person has a weird Taekwoon-detector so he failed and now here he was, with Hakyeon in the student council room waiting for him.

So much for talking to youTaekwoon paused from playing the keychain when he heard someone enter the student council room.

 

“OH! I didn’t know you were here.” Jaehwan entered the room and smiled brightly upon seeing their faces. He moved to where Hakyeon was and helped the student council president.  

 

“So how was the tour with the freshmen?” Hakyeon asked Jaehwan. As the council’s president it was Hakyeon who assigned Jaehwan to said task. Jaehwan playfully grinned and told his seniors that it was fun and interesting. “Interesting? Please don’t tell me you have set your eyes on a new girl. When was the last one, Taekwoonie?”

 

“I heard it was a month ago. Or was it two days ago?” Taekwoon continued playing with your keychain.

 

“Wha—hyung, do you really think I’m that kind of person?” Jaehwan asked, quite shockingly.

 

“You have that kind of reputation, Jaehwan.” Taekwoon muttered but it was enough for everyone to hear. Jaehwan laughed and gave up. He raised his hands in defeat and admitted that he’s interested in one of the freshmen.

 

Hakyeon chuckled. “I knew it.” He was almost done with organizing the files. “People won’t call you Ken for a reason. Always on the lookout for his new Barbie.”

 

Jaehwan laughed. “I really like that nickname of mine; but you know what? I think I’ll be having a bit trouble with this girl.”

 

“Really?” Hakyeon asked curiously. He knew Jaehwan gets what he wants easily and so this instantly sparked curiosity within his two seniors. Jaehwan leaned on the cabinet and crossed his arms, bobbing his head.

 

“For the very first time, I have a rival.”

 

Hakyeon finally finished with organizing grabbed his bag and pulled Taekwoon. “Well, good luck with that. I wish for you the best...wait scratch that. Just don’t do anything stupid, like break the girl’s heart?” Hakyeon turned to his quiet friend and smiled telling Taekwoon that they could finally go eat chicken.

 

Taekwoon stared intimidatingly at Hakyeon. “You pay.”

 

Hakyeon sighed inwardly and reluctantly agreed. Taekwoon called Jaehwan and invited him to come along with them. Jaehwan accepted his offer and followed them. Hakyeon’s eyes widened in alarm. “Ya. You two eat like you haven’t eaten in ages and you guys expect me to pay?”

 

Taekwoon and Jaehwan stared blankly at Hakyeon. “Yeah.”

 

Hakyeon closed his eyes in disbelief. His mouth pouted, “Fine. But you better buy me food next time!”

 

I guess I'll just stop by at her place later. Taekwoon thought.


It was already 8 in the evening when you decided to retire to your bedroom. You weren’t sleepy yet so you chose to read a book at your desk facing the window. You glanced outside seeing Hongbin’s window. There were no lights so you guessed he was still out with his friend named Wonsik. You sighed. How on earth am I going to clear that mess Minah did?

You flipped the book open and continued where you left off last time. Time passed but there was no progress with the book. The book was entertaining but your mind always drift to Hongbin’s reaction earlier. His confused look. You groaned in frustration, hands running on your now messy hair. “UGH! I HATE THIS!”

Just then, you saw Hongbin looking at you by his window. He wasn’t wearing his school uniform anymore so you guessed he came home without you noticing. OH NO.  You then became conscious of how you looked. Hair disheveled with a frustrated expression. He chuckled and grabbed something from his desk. It’s his sketchpad. You watched him write something and showed it to you. 

 

Cute. Having trouble with your first day of school? 

 

You shook your head embarrassingly, pulled your notebook and wrote a reply. Not really :(

 

Good. I thought you were going crazy over there.

 

You then remembered that you wanted to talk to Hongbin to clear out any misunderstanding done by Lee Jaehwan…if there were any, but you were determined to tell him just so your mind could finally rest in peace. You scribbled the words and lifted your notebook. Are you busy tonight? 

 

Hongbin shook his head. You smiled warmly and wrote if the two of you could go out for a while. He then nodded. He gestured to meet downstairs and you gave him two thumbs up. You headed downstairs and saw your brother watching TV; you exited the house without being detected. You guess you should’ve told Sanghyuk that you’d go out but then you knew that if you did, he’ll come with and you just don’t want to hear your brother tease you but today he was more of a protective brother so you guessed maybe he’ll be so paranoid that he won’t even let you go out without him. You laughed at the thought. Oppa is really funny.

 

“Oh. I was supposed to go knock at your place but never mind,” Hongbin’s voice pulled you out from your thoughts. You looked up and saw him going your way. He smiled and met you halfway. “So?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You asked if I was free tonight. Here I am.” Hongbin said, spreading his arms wide in a welcoming gesture. “This is just like the last time we sneaked out. Only this one is on you.”

 

You smiled to yourself. Hongbin’s right. This one was definitely the same but not really. You clenched your fist, “I actually have something to tell you.”

 

“Oh, what is it?” He asked. He crouched down and sat on the porch. You sat down next to him and took a deep breath. You needed to say this. You have to.

 

“So today’s the first day of my high school right?” You started. Hongbin nodded and listened carefully. “It was fun. I get to meet new people, hang out with Minah, be in school with you and Sanghyuk-oppa and I think I’ll be enjoying this school year.”

 

“That’s good to hear,” Hongbin smiled, dimples showing. He put his hands together and leaned closer. “Judging by the way you started, you’re sugarcoating me. Did something happen?”

 

Hongbin’s really good at reading me. You slowly nodded. He asked you what it was and that you could tell it to him freely. “Uhm…”

 

“Is this also the reason why you were awkwardly silent when I introduced you to Wonsik?”

 

You nodded again. Hongbin then waited for you to talk; you then started from meeting Lee Jaehwan to how he teased you. As you were telling him the story, Hongbin’s facial expression changed. He seemed annoyed at the part where you told him about Jaehwan blocking your way but then his expression turned soft when you continued and mentioned Minah coming back for you. Okay, this is the part where I need to come clean. “…and this is the part where you’ll be weirded out.” You whispered. Hongbin’s head tilted on one side.

 

“Why?”

 

You hid your face with your hands, “In order for Jaehwan to go away she said that I was yours. Then I saw Jaehwan come at you during recess so if he did tell you about that I’m sorry! Minah only said that so he would let me go and so please don’t think badly of it and I’m sorry if it caused you some confusion!”

 

There, I said it. You moved a finger so that you’d be able to peek at Hongbin but you only saw him staring at you. You immediately closed your eyes shut. Okay. What does this mean? I can’t read him right now. My mind is too clouded right now.

 

you,” Hongbin reached out and gently pulled your hands away from your face. “Will you look at me?”

 

You slowly opened your eyes. His hands still holding yours. Hongbin smiled; you gave him an odd look. His smile then transformed into a small chuckle. He gently squeezed your hands, “Thanks for telling me but…you didn’t have to apologize about something I have no idea about.”

 

“…What?” What did he just say? He doesn’t know? Then does that mean, Jaehwan didn’t say anything to Hongbin about it?!

 

Hongbin let go of your hands, “I am a bit annoyed by Jaehwan-hyung a while ago since he said some things that I didn’t like but he didn’t tell me anything about a ‘ she’s Hongbin’s ‘ situation a while ago.” He rubbed the nape of his neck and chuckled at his remark. “And knowing Jaehwan-hyung for quite some time now, he’s someone who doesn’t fall for those kind of tricks easily. He’s clever, I have to admit.”

 

“Oh.” You felt relieved and yet totally embarrassed at the same time. Your cheeks burned; you wanted to hide. you, you overthink too much! Now look what it has brought you? Eternal shame. You cowered in humiliation. You bowed down apologetically at Hongbin; eyes shut closed once again, reddened ears and cheeks and without dignity anymore. “I AM SO SORRY OPPA ABOUT THIS! I WAS JUST TOO PARANOID THAT JAEHWAN MUST HAVE SAID SOMETHING TO YOU ABOUT IT SO I HAVE TO CLEAR IT UP IMMEDIATELY SO THAT THINGS WON’T BE AWKWARD BETWEEN US! CAN YOU JUST PRETEND THAT YOU DIDN’T HEAR ANY OF THAT FROM ME AND THAT THIS WAS ALL A DREAM?!?”

 

Hongbin grinned. Cute. He was in the mood to tease you but seeing you were already embarrassed and looked like you were in the brink of dying, he decided to keep his mouth shut and accepted your apology. He pulled you in for an embrace and kissed your forehead. “…Now what did you want to talk about again? You called me for something right?”

 

You giggled. Hongbin’s acting was spot on and you played along. Your brows furrowed and put on a frown on your face. “Not sure. I totally forgot about it.”

 

Hongbin tilted his head on one side, “Was it you being mine?”

 

Your hand instinctively punched him on the stomach. “I said forget about it!”  He laughed loudly, happy to see your quite annoyed face. He apologized and said it would be the last time. You eyed him suspiciously but then he started teasing you again.

 

“Oh. Why is my girlfriend looking at me like that?” Hongbin released you from his embrace and pinched your cheeks. You hit him again, this time on the side and told him to stop it already. The two of you ended up teasing each other. What the two of you didn’t know was that there was someone watching from afar. He smiled bitterly.

 

Why do I feel jealous? Did he just say girlfriend? No I’m pretty sure I’m not thinking straight here. He looked at you and Hongbin who were still sitting at the porch. I guess I’m not the only one who can make you smile that way huh? He turned to the opposite side and walked back to where he came from.

 

I guess today isn’t really a day for us.