Getting to know Donghyun

The Three Sides of Byun Baekhyun -hiatus-

Chapter 9: Get to know Donghyun

From: Park Chanyeol

Donghyun is here. 

-

Sehun arrived in Chanyeol's school just in time for their lunch break so he saw the three ( Chanyeol, Jongin and Donghyun ) in the cafeteria. He approached them nonchalantly, not minding the girls who were fangirling over him.

'Oh hey Sehun!' Chanyeol said and smiled

'Hey. So, I'm having a party this friday and I want you guys to come.' He handed out the invitations and he gave Donghyun's last. 

'Oh hello. I believe we haven't officially met. I'm Oh Sehun.' He reached out his hand and Donghyun just looked at it. 

'A-ah. H-hello. I'm Donghyun.'

'Nice to meet you Donghyun. Come to my party this Friday alright?' Sehun smiled then Jongin cleared his throat. Sehun looked at Jongin and said 'Yes Jongin. I invited him and yes, he'll be going.'

Jongin pumped his fist in the air in excitement and said 'Thanks Sehun. I owe you a lot.'

'What's happening?' Chanyeol looked clueless.

'I invited Kyungsoo to my party.'

'You know DO Kyungsoo??' Chanyeol asked

'Yeah, he's my childhood friend so we're close.'

'Woah. What a small world. Was he really like that ever since you were kids?'

'Like what?'

'Like he doesn't give a fck about anything. He has his own world.'

'Uhm, it's a private matter. Ask jongin once he gets to know Kyung.' 

'Yeah, like that'll happen.' Chanyeol joked and Jongin threw a french fry at him 'Ya! Just wait! I'll make him mine.'

'Right..' Sehun and Chanyeol said at the same time and laughed. 

'Anyway, I gotta go. See you guys on Friday!' Sehun said then left.

'I don't think I should go.' Donghyun said.

'What? Why?' Chanyeol asked.

'Because I don't really know Sehun and there'll be a lot of people there.'

'Then you'll get to know him through this part and meeting people there could be your practice for the real world. C'mon Donghyun, you can't be scared forever. You gotta breakfree.'

Donghyun sighed and said 'Fine. But promise once I give up on talking to people, you take me home alright?'

'Promise.' Chanyeol beamed.

-

The three arrived at the party and there were so many people already. sehun greeted them at the door

'Jongin, Kyung is in the kitchen, not cooking of course. He's..' Sehun trailed off then continued 'Just go. I don't know what he's doing there.' And Jongin was gone. 

'Chanyeol drinks and food are in the kitchen too.' 

'I'll go to the restroom first.' Chanyeol said and Donghyun eyed him but the taller just shrugged. 

'Oh. Uhm. Go left that way then first door on your right.' And Chanyeol was gone. 

'So..' Sehun started 'Wanna grab some beer?' 

'S-sure.' They went to get some beer then they both sat down by the balcony. Sehun looked at the shorter and thought Baekhyun-ah I'm here. I'll get to know the three sides of you. I'll understand just so you can come back to me. 

'H-how did you become friends with Chanyeol?' Sehun was surprised that Donghyun talked first.

'Oh uhm, we met at a cafe months ago. He was with his friend. It was actually through his friend that we became friends.'

'His friend? What friend? W-who?'

'Byun Baekhyun.' Sehun smiled when he said the name. 'Haven't you heard of him?'

'N-no. I don't think I have.'

'Oh well, he's the frankest but most jolly person I've met.' Sehun looked forward and far ahead.

'Then how did you meet Baekhyun-ssi?' Sehun told the story and Donghyun laughed 'Sounds like a real btch to me.' And Sehun just laughed his off.

'He was. But he's also kind and caring and optimistic and talented.'

'And sounds like you have a crush on him.'

Sehun just laughed.

'What happened?' Donghyun asked because he sensed that there was more to the story

'We dated yeah for about 6 months or so but he suddenly became MIA for about a month and when he did show up, he broke up with me.'

'He did?? Why?' Donghyun asked with wide eyes and shocked face.

Sehun shrugged and said 'No idea. He just said that we needed to stop. His life is complicated. I've been calling and calling him but he avoids me.'

'Maybe you did something that made him want to break up with you.'

'I was the perfect boyfriend, Donghyun but he still left me. I was devastated you know. Baekhyun had become a very important part of my life. He made me realize why I started dancing in the first place. He made me see that there's more to life than just dancing, and parties and contests and everything I have. He made me believe in me again.'

'He imprinted on you didn't he?'

'He did. And I just want him back. So bad. But it's seems like a lost cause. So I gave up.'

'What?? you can't!'

Sehun looked at Donghyun and at that moment he's seeing Baekhyun not Donghyun. 'Why?'

'Because you have to know. You have to know why he broke up with you. Maybe there's still a chance. Maybe you can still be together. Tell him that you'll be there through whatever he is going through no matter how complicated it is.' Then Sehun shook his head and laughed 

'You read a lot of romance books Donghyun-ah. Do you really think I have a chance?'

'Sure. If you said that you were a perfect boyfriend which I think you were really then yeah, you still have a chance.' 

'What if this happened to you, would I have a chance with you?' Sehun looked intently to Donghyun's eyes and the latter blushed and cleared his throat. 'I'm kidding Donghyun. You can stop blushing. I'm still in love with Baekhyun and I'm not replacing him anytime soon.' 

'Oh. Haha. Of course I knew you were kidding.' He took a sip from his beer and as much as he hates the taste he chugged it all. There was a moment of silence then Sehun asked 'What about you, do you like anyone?' Donghyun coughed and laughed and blushed 

'N-no.'

'So who is he or she?'

'I don't like anyone Sehun-ssi.'

'Of course you do. You coughed and laughed at the same time when I asked you plus you totally blushed. So who's this person?'

'It's nothing. It's just a long-term crush.'

You know, they say that if it's more than three months then it's not just a crush anymore..it's love.'

Donghyun laughed 'Love? Yeah sure. Maybe it is love.'

'So who?'

'No.'

'Does that person know?'

'No. And I'm not planning to. He likes someone else.'

'Did he tell you that he likes someone else?'

'No. But I could feel it.' 

'You can't just feel it. You have to know. Maybe what you're feeling is wrong. Ask him Tell him.'

'It's not that easy. I'm not confident like you and he might just avoid me.'

'Now I'm really curious who this person is. And how would you know unless you try right?'

'I don't know Sehun.. things like this are not easy.' Donghyun sighed

'Why?'

'Because, I don't want him to avoid me if he doesn't feel the same way which I'm sure that he really doesn't.'

'Again, how do you know that he likes someone?'

'I just know. I know Jongin knows..' Donghyun stopped midway of his sentence 

'Jongin knows? So it's Chanyeol? You like Chanyeol?' Sehun said with a shocked face.

'Yeah..' 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow it's been a long time since my last update. I didn't even notice hahahaha. I'm sorry all. 

How have you been? Have you been all fine? 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!