Finally: A Progress

The Three Sides of Byun Baekhyun -hiatus-

'Chanyeol? you like Park Chanyeol?'

Donghyun chuckled, sighed and shook his head 'Y-yeah. Typical right. Best friend unrequited love.'

'How long?'

'I don't know. It's been too long I guess.'

'Why?'

'I don't know Sehun. Sometimes you just fall unexpectedly to someone who's always been there for you. Who's always inspired you, made you happy and like that.' 

'Right. It's not impossible for that to happen.' Sehun sighed and looked forward, thinking about what Donghyun said. 

'Are you okay Sehun?' Donghyun asked but Sehun was lost in his thoughts so Donghyun cleared his throat and repeated his question.

'Oh yeah sorry. Just thought about something. Why don't you tell him?'

'You're kidding right? Chanyeol's gonna avoid me forever.'

'I may not know Chanyeol long enough but I know that he's not like that. He's a good person so I'm sure he's not gonna do that.'

'You think so?'

'Yeah.' Sehun smiled 'So, man up and tell him what you feel.'

'I'll think about it.' There was a moment of silence 'I'm gonna go look for Chanyeol. I've lost all my energy talking to you. This is the most I've talked to anyone who I don't even know.'

'Well, maybe I'm just easy to talk to.'

'You are. I feel comfortable talking to you. It's like we know each other very well.'

'Yeah. I have that effect.' Sehun chuckled. 'Go. Go find Chanyeol.'

-

The time when Jongin went to the kitchen to look for Kyungsoo

Jongin casually walked through the kitchen doors and saw Kyungsoo flirting with some guy or at least he thinks he was. He leaned against the wall, acting like he was texting but really he was watching them. The guy left then he saw Kyungsoo sigh and drank his beer. Jongin decided to get a beer which was kind of close to Kyungsoo then he saw another guy approaching the latter. And he heard:

'For the nth time I'm not interested.' Kyungsoo said, frustrated and the guy left. After some time, some girls approached him and said the same thing. Jongin gulped on his beer and said to Kyungsoo 

'Excuse me..' Kyungsoo glared at him and said 'You've been standing there for a long time. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm turning down everyone so please go away.' Jongin was surprised but he wasn't gonna back down 

'Yeah but I was just gonna ask if you could pass the chips since you're close to it.' 

'Oh. Yeah sure.' Kyungsoo felt all of his blood rushed to his face because of embarrassment. 'I'm sorry if I snapped at you.'

'It's okay. I get that being hit on a dozen times can be very frustrating. It's hard to be you.' Jongin said sarcastically.

Kyungsoo shook his head 'It's not that. I came to this party because I wanna relax or something and that Sehun pleaded me to go here but where is he? He's nowhere to be seen. But you're right being hit on can be really tiring.' Kyungsoo chuckled

'Oh. Is that why you're hiding out in the kitchen? Not a great idea. The beer and the food are here so hiding in here is useless.'

'But every quiet place in this house is occupied. This is the only place left. I just want some peace and quiet.'

'Then I'll get out of your hair. Nice to meet you though.' Jongin was about to leave when Kyungsoo said 'Wait! You could stay. It would be nice to have some company. But you're not gonna hit on me right?'

'I don't even know you. Why would I hit on you?' Jongin lied

'Right.' Kyungsoo chuckled 'Well, I'm DO Kyungsoo.' He reached out his hand

'I'm Kim Jongin.' They shook hands.

'So how did you know Sehun? This is the first I've seen you here.'

'Yeah, well, I'm a friend of Sehun's ex.' 

'You're a friend of Taehee?' 

'Who's that? No. Sehun recently dated someone.'

'Ohhhh. I didn't know that. That Oh Sehun drags me here but he barely even tells me his lovelife.. But whatever, how would he even tell me when I barely even talking to him these days. So who's that person?'

'Byun Baekhyun.'

'Oh Byun Bae-- Byun Baekhyun?'

'Yeah. You know him?' Of course you know him. Who doesn't know Byun Baekhyun? Jongin thought

'Yeah! He goes to my school. And he's got this conditi-- Wait, so you go to our school too?' 

'Depends. What school are we talking about?'

'Only the most prestigious music school in the country.'

'Then yeah, we go to the same school.'

'Woaaah. Really? Small world! Why don't I know you? I know Baekhyun's friends but I've never heard of you.' Ouch Jongin thought

'That's probably because I was just a transferee last year and Chanyeol and Baekhyun took me in. They were ridiculously nice.'

Kyungsoo chuckled 'Yeah they are. Extremely talented too. but everyone knows Baekhyun's condition. Was it hard? For you I mean, since you're his friend.'

'It was at first but I got used to it. Although I still get curious everyday of who I'll be seeing in school the next day.'

'Yeah me too. Wait, you said that Baekhyun is Sehun's ex? How long did they date?'

'Six months or so. Baekhyun just broke up with him last month and Sehun has been trying to get back with him ever since.'

'So he knows about Baek?'

'Nope. That's why they broke up. He said that he didn't wanna drag Sehun into his complicated life blah blah blah.' Jongin sipped on his beer.

'Well that's bull. If he really likes Sehun, he would tell him and let Sehun decide if he will stay or not.' 

'That's what I said! But you know him, he's too stubborn. But anyway, Yeol told Sehun and now Sehun decided to get to know the other identities of Baek so that when he faces Baek, he'll be able to say that he's willing to be a part of his complicated life.'

'Awwwwww. That's so fcking sweet. I didn't know Sehun has that side. I don't even know if I'm still his friend, why didn’t he tell me about this tsk.' Kyungsoo laughed

'Sure you still are. Wait, so if we go to the same school..how come we never met?'

'Right? I've been asking that myself. Maybe because I have my own little world. To be honest, if you see me in school I'm always secluded and isolated.'

'Why?'

'Kyungsoo shrugged 'I don't know. It's just the way I am. I'm not anti-social or anything. I just don't like people in general that much.'

'Well, that's just sad. Wait, but you're talking to me right now?'

'Ah well I don't see you as a person.' Kyungsoo joked

'Ya! Mean.' Jongin pouted

'I'm kidding!' Kyungsoo nudged Jongin 'Maybe it's the booze or you're just comfortable to talk to.' 

'Or maybe I'm just really charismatic.' Jongin winked

'I doubt that.' Kyungsoo snorted 'It's getting late Jongin. I better go.'

'Got some curfew or something?'

'Something like that.' Kyungsoo smiled

'I'll drive you.'

'No it's okay. I brought my car. Nice meeting you Jongin. Hope to see you again in school. If you do see me, don't be afraid to approach me alright?'

'Alright. Oh by the way! Can I get your number? Since we're friends and all.'

'So this is your game. Trying to be friends with me then getting my phone number. Aha Kim Jongin. Busted!' 

Jongin didn't know what to say so Kyungsoo said 'You gotta lighten up! I'm kidding! Give me your phone.' And Jongin did. Kyungsoo entered his number then he called his phone so Jongin's number is saved on his.

'There. We got each other's numbers. Now I really gotta go. See you!' And with that Kyungsoo was out of the door and Jongin suddenly sighed very heavily and chugged on his beer

Fck. Can't believe I got DO Kyungsoo's number. It's like a dream come true! I could seriously die right now.