How?

The Three Sides of Byun Baekhyun -hiatus-

Donghyun had been working nonstop on the song that he's gonna play on Friday. He actually finished it already in one seating but he wants it to be perfect that's why he keeps on revising it until he was satisfied and one time he called Chanyeol

'Chanyeol-ssi, could you come to my house right now?'

'Why? What happened?' Chanyeol said through the phone

'Just come.' And he did in like 10 minutes. 

'That was fast.' 

'You told me to come. Why did you want me to come?'

'Oh. u-uhm I just wanted you to listen to the song I wrote for Friday.'

'That's was why you wanted me to come?' Chanyeol asked with wide eyes.

Donghyun smiled sheepishly 'Yeah.'

'Okay. Play.' Chanyeol said as he sat on the nearby bench.

Donghyun played with all his heart and all his might. He let the music flow through him, through his fingertips as he played the piano. It wasn't him that's controlling the music. It was the music controlling him. When he was done, he looked at Chanyeol who looked at him with awe.

'Dude, that was amazing. Who's it for?' 

'N-no one.'

'Oh come on. Impossible. Tell me. I won't tell anyone.'

'It's just for s-someone I like.'

'If it's for someone you like, then why is it a sad song?'

'Because my love for him is sad too. I like him but he likes someone else.'

'How'd you know? Did he tell you or something?'

'No. I just have a feeling.'

'But your hunch could be wrong. You know what, you should tell him. Tell him what you feel. You might be wrong about him liking another person. Or maybe he feels the same way for you.'

'No way. You know how scared I am.'

'I know. That's why I want you to get out of your comfort zone and be brave. I'm not gonna be by your side forever Donghyun. I'm not always here to push you to your limits when you can't push yourself. Learn to stand up for yourself, be brave and be confident.'

'B-but..'

'No buts. Just do it.'

Donghyun sighed and said 'Fine. I'll try.'

'Great! So, are you ready for tomorrow?'

'I guess so..' 

'Good luck Hyun.' Chanyeol smiled.

-

Professor Minah was pacing back and forth backstage. Worried about something. When she saw Chanyeol, she grabbed him and asked 'Where the hell is he?'

'I don't know miss. He's supposed to be here. I kept calling him but it goes straight to voicemail.'

'Then call him again. If he doesn't show up, the school won't have any representative.' So Chanyeol called again and again and again. 

He shook his head to Professor Minah who seemed to be panicking already. So the taller called again and this time it rang and someone picked up.

'Ya! where are you?' Chanyeol exclaimed through the phone.

'What the fck? What do you want Park?'

'Y-you? .'

'What me? And why are you cursing me? What the hell do you want and why do you keep calling?'

'Where are you?'

'Somewhere you don't know.'

'Oh. Okay.'

'Oh okay? That's it? You know Park, sometimes you are just plain weird and stupid. Fcking .' Then the call ended. 

Chanyeol approached Professor Minah and shook his head 'He can't come.'

'What? Why?'

'He's not himself.'

'Is it?'

'Yes, it is.'

'. Why him? Out of all, why him? Why now?'

'Sorry.' Chanyeol said apologetic for their professor. Then Chanyeol suddenly thought of something 'Miss, I could play the song. I got the sheet music anyway because I got a copy from Donghyun last night. I could just proxy but still use his name of course.'

She looked at him happily and said 'That's great!! Thank you Chanyeol. Really. Now be ready because you'll perform in 5.' and with that Professor Minah left.

Chanyeol performed like how Donghyun did with him last night. He played with all his heart. And could even feel the song go through him. It was a powerful but a sad song. He wonders who is it for. Donghyun's song won. He's given a cash prize and the next artist that that company would debut would sing that song. It would be a great exposure for Donghyun. Chanyeol wanted to tell Donghyun but he can't. If he called again, he might just get hung up on. So he'll just wait. Like he always does. 

-

A week had passed and his bestfriend hasn't come back yet. Sehun went to their school but didn't see him too. Then suddenly, Wednesday afternoon Chanyeol was sitting under the tree at the back of their school. It's the place where he relaxes when somebody suddenly covered the sunlight. He opened his eyes and saw his bestfriend grinning at him. 

'Ya. Park Chanyeol. What are you doing there?' 

'Baek?'

'Yeahp.' He smiled as he sat down next to Chanyeol

'Where have you been?' Chanyeol asked

'Oh here and there. I don't know. Where my body takes me.' 

'Good to have you back.'

'It hasn't been that long tho.'

'It has. It's already a month and a half.' 

'Well .' Baekhyun chuckled. He was about to ask something to Chanyeol when suddenly another shadow blocked their sunlight. Baekhyun looked up and was surprised to see the person in front of them.

'Sehun?' Baekhyun said. 

'Where have you been? Have you been avoiding me? First, you stood me up. Second, you did not show up to your classes. What else do you want to do huh?' Sehun said

'Woah woah. Hold up. Stood you up? When? And why would we even have a date?' Baekhyun said as he stood up then he suddenly looked at Chanyeol who just nodded at him. 

'You stood me up when I gave the concert ticket but you never came. I waited but you never came.'

'I'm sorry. I must've been busy at that time. Deadlines and stuff. As for the skipping on school, well, I had an emergency so really sorry. It won't happen again dad.' Baekhun joked. 

Sehun remained his stoic facade. He always does. Never takes it off. 'Give me your phone?'

'Why would I give you my phone?' 

'Just give me.' Sehun held out his hand but Baekhyun was reluctant but it just so happens that Chanyeol was within reach of the phone so he gave it to Sehun

'Ya. Park Chanyeol, you're dead.' He glared at Chanyeol. Sehun typed his phone number then called his phone then gave it back to Baekhyun.

'Now, I've got your number. I'll call you.' Sehun said then left.

Baekhyun sat down again and said 'Tell me what I missed.'

Chanyeol told him all that has happened. He told him that Sehun was a judge in the second audition, he went to school to give him the ticket, he went again to look for him, there was a contest that Donghyun joined and won but he proxied cause he couldn't come.

But all that Baekhyun said was 'He likes me doesn't he?'

Chanyeol just nodded. 

'That can't happen Yeol. I can't drag him into this. It was hard for you. I don't want it to be hard for him too. All that waiting, not knowing.'

'But you deserve to have a normal life Baek. No matter how complicated yours is. You deserve to have a normal lovelife. You can't just shut yourself and your heart out to people. You deserve to be happy. And I think you will be with him.'

'How do you even know?'

'Because I saw the way he looked at you. Behind that cold mask, he really cares for you Baek. And I think you like him too. I don't know what happened in the studio when you went there but I think something sparked. And you gotta let that grow into a flame.' 

'I don't know Yeol. Yeah, I think something did happen back then. But it's complicated. I'm complicated.'

'Why don't you just try? You'll never know unless you try.' 

'I'll think about it. I gotta go. I got a class.' And with that Baekhyun left. 

'That must've hurt?' Jongin said as he jumped down from the tree.

'Were you there the entire time?'

'Of course I was. You know I love this tree. It must've hurt doesn't it? Telling the person you love to love somebody else'

'If he's happy then I'm happy. And I can see that he could be happy with Sehun and that's good enough for me.'

'Why don't you just tell him?'

'Why don't you just tell Kyungsoo too? If you tell, I tell.'

'Then, we'll just both be single for the rest of our lives.'

Chanyeol chuckled and nodded 'Yeah we will.' 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi lovely people of the earth. Sorry for the late update. Busy with school and stuff. God, it's so hard being a graduating student. Hahahaha. Anyways, I hope you like this. Thanks for reading!! 

xoxo