DID

The Three Sides of Byun Baekhyun -hiatus-

A week had passed and Sehun kept calling Baekhyun. He'd go to his school but his out of the country for an international contest. He tried and tried but the older just avoids his call. He tried facebooking the older but he was never online, e-mailing but never replies. It was hopeless. He wishes that he could go home already so that he could talk to Baekhyun. He was clueless, he didn't know why the older suddenly broke up with him. Even though they've only been together for six months the older stuck with him. He was happy with him. It's been so long since he has really been happy and Baekhyun had filled that happiness he has been looking for. And now that the older broke up with him, he felt that the world is against him and he feels that there's something missing inside of him.

 

On the other side of the world..

 

Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun just stares at his phone whenever Sehun calls. He just stares then goes back to whatever he was doing. It's been a week and the once happy, carefree and frank Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen. He had changed. He's been drowning himself with schoolworks and projects and contests. Sometimes Chanyeol would see that Baekhyun was just staring into blank space. He couldn't stand it anymore so he talked to Baekhyun.

 

'Baek, we need to talk.' He said one day while they were going out of class. 

 

'Why?' The shorter looked at him.

 

'You're not yourself. You're spacing out frequently and well you're quiet lately.'

 

'Oh. I guess I'm just stressed with school you know.' 

 

'Because you drown yourself with schoolwork. Why did you even break up with him when you're just gonna be like this?'

 

'You think I'm drowning myself because of Sehun? I'm not Yeol. It just so happens that there's a lot of things to do.'

 

'We both know Baek that you're lying. Now, just go and make up with Sehun. And be back to your happy go lucky self.'

 

'I can't Yeol. You know I can't'

 

'Why?!?' Chanyeol exclaimed and Baekhyun jumped up in surprise. and everyone looked at them. Chanyeol apologized to the onlookers

 

'You know why Yeol. I told you, my life is fcking complicated and so messed up and I don't want to drag him into this. Didn't you say that it was hard for you? Well, it will be harder for him. I never should've gone out with him in the first place. Stupid fcking feelings.' Baekhyun softly kicked the wall.

 

'You can't just shut out yourself to anyone who might get close to you. Just tell him everything.' 

 

'No. If he does say that he's willing to be there for me..how long will it take until he'll realize that he's tired of waiting. And I don't want another person telling me to go to a psychologist.'

 

'But Baek you can't jump into conclusions when you haven't even told him yet. When you haven't even tried yet. Look at me, I'm still here aren't I?'

 

'Well, that's because you're my bestfriend Yeol. Anyway, I need to go. Minseok hyung's waiting for me.' And Chanyeol watch Baekhyun leave. He can't stand it anymore. He decided that even though Baekhyun's gonna be pissed at him, he's gonna talk to Sehun.

 

-

 

Sehun got back two weeks after and now they're at a coffee shop. 

 

'So what do you wanna talk about Chanyeol?' Sehun asked. He's back to his cold, stoic personality. 

 

'I think you know Sehun.' Then took a sip of his iced coffee

 

'So it’s about Baekhyun.' Now it's his turn to take a sip of his drink and leaned back. 'What about him?'

 

'He's changed. He's not the person he used to. He's lifeless and not the same happy go lucky person anymore.'

 

'What do you want me to do with it? He broke up with me remember? Out of the blue Chanyeol-ssi.' 

 

'Yes, I remember. Well, I know why. I kind of understand why he really broke up with you but I can't see him be this kind of person. He really shouldn't shut himself out to people. I've told him that a million times but he just keeps on ignori--' Sehun cut Chanyeol off

 

'Get to the point Chanyeol.'

 

Chanyeol sighed. 'Baekhyun's got DID.' Sehun gave him a confused look. 

 

'DID. Dissociative Identity Disorder. It's a psychological disorder where a person has got two or more alter identities due to trauma, abuse and the like. Baekhyun had this ever since we were in high school. Baekhyun's got three identities and the switching of these identities are so quick that you won't even notice it until you talk to the certain identity. Identities of people with DID could have different names, personalities, age, gender, everything. They usually have gaps in their memories.' Sehun just stared at him like he's crazy. But Chanyeol continued 'Baekhyun is the host identity and the main identity and the other identity is Lee Donghyun. He's the opposite of Baekhyun. He's shy, low self-confidence, stutters when he talks to new people, doesn’t really sing because apparently his voice is horrible but extremely good in songwriting and playing the instruments. but mostly he plays the guitar and piano. just like Baekhyun. He's into literature unlike Baek. The other one is Jonghyun. Definitely different from the two identities. He's a bad boy kind of guy. He learned martial arts from his friend, Tao who's from China. And they always play hooky whenever Jonghyun takes over. They go everywhere and anywhere. But mostly they get high and get drunk. Pick up girls in the bar. He likes to swear especially at me, so I'm not really close with him.' He looked at Sehun who seems like he needs some time to process. 

 

'Why?' Were the only words that Sehun were able to utter.

 

'Trauma. A very heavy one. You do know that Baek's parents died right? He told you that they died in a car accident. That's not true. That's what he told you because that's what he thinks he remembers. It was a false memory to try to bury the truth. Baekhyun's parents are owners of a big and famous company so they've got many competitors and they're business is booming at that time. One of their competitors was always second with Baek's parents' company and they didn't wanna stay second anymore. And it just so happens that that company knows some yakuza or mafia...idon'tknow. And they hired them to kill Baek's parents. His parents were killed inside their house and Baekhyun was just hiding in the closet. He saw how his parents died Sehun. They beheaded them. He didn't stop crying for weeks, months even. That's the first time I saw Baekhyun so broken.' Sehun clenched his fist at the thought of Baekhyun crying and getting hurt. He couldn't imagine why anyone who hire someone to kill someone just because they're competitors. they should've fought fairly. 

 

'The fck. Just because they're always second doesn't mean that they have to hire someone to kill somebody else's parents.'

 

'But you see, that bad blood had been going on since Baekhyun's father was a child and that fcking man. Mr. Byun got the girl and the other man was jealous. Mr. Byun was always first in class and he was always second. Mr. Byun was a team captain in basketball varsity team and he was in one of the lowest ranks. So I think he just didn't really want to be second anymore.'

 

'Fck him. He should've just accepted the cold hard truth. Didn't the police arrest him?'

 

'No. Money and power. But they did arrest the yakuza who killed them but they got out. They're too powerful. So after that incident, Baek stayed with his uncle. He was fine with it because his uncle was kind but he got fired from his job then became a drunkard and would always come home well, drunk and there are times when he would beat up Baekhyun. Displacing his feelings on him.' There was anger and disgust in Chanyeol's voice. 'That went on for months and he not only beat up Baek but he also molested him.' Sehun smacked the table and said angrily 'What?! Why the fck did that bastard do that? Fck him.'

 

'I had the same reaction. We all fcking thought that his uncle was good but we thought wrong. At first I didn't notice the bruises on Baek's body because he covered it up pretty well and he was walking funny during those times. When I asked why he walked like that he always said that it was nothing, he was smiling and being happy but I don't know, I just decided to pay him a visit in the middle of the night. At first I only heard screams coming from the house but then there was like a thud. I immediately opened the door and saw his uncle beating up Baek but also molesting him. I fcking saw Sehun. I was so furious that I beat up his uncle. And Baekhyun was just there crying. So broken. I hated it. I hated that that happened to him. He already lost his parents, why did he have to experience that too. The police arrested his uncle and is still in jail until now.'

 

'He damn straight better be in jail til now cause I'm gonna fcking kill him for doing that to Baek. Why the hell did he have to experience things like that. I hate that I haven't met him before everything that had happened to him. I want to be there for him.'

 

'Then be there. Baekhyun is just being stubborn Sehun but he really really likes you. I can see it.'

 

'Yeah well, I love him and I'm not going to stop until he's mine again. How come he's aware that he's got DID?'

 

'You love him? Have you told him??' 

 

'I did. When he broke up with me.'

 

'Oh. I'm sorry.'

 

'Yeah. So how come he's aware of this?'

 

'Oh yeah, uhm, since this had been going on for a long time he finally noticed that he's got some gaps in his memory and people was kinda looking at him funny and kept asking his name so he asked me and I told him. At first he didn't believe it. He asked me what happened that he became like that but I didn't wanna tell him so I just said that I don't know. He researched about it and learned that it might be due to trauma. He realized that that's why we ask him to talk to a psychologist. Then he said that he never wanna see a psychologist. That his disorder happened for a reason and he didn't wanna find out what really caused it.'

 

'Well, he's got a point. But wasn't it hard on him?'

 

'It was. That's why we keep on persuading him but he doesn't really want to.'

 

'How about if he's not Baek, why not go to the psychologist then?'

 

'Jonghyun obviously won't go. Donghyun I guess he's fine but he never really talks that much with strangers much less talk about something private.'

 

'So he's just gonna live like that for the rest of his life?'

 

'Seems so.' Chanyeol shrugged.

 

'I'll convince him. I'll talk to him.'

 

'He doesn't even want to talk to you. Why don't you start with his alter identities? You've met Donghyun anyway.'

 

'I did?'

 

'Yeah. during the second audition. Didn't you notice that he was acting odd? And when you gave the concert ticket..well, that's him.'

 

'Ohhhhhhh. No wonder he was like that. I thought that he was just really nervous. I thought that he was still good but the others didn't think so.'

 

'He got over it. He said that maybe not passing that audition was for the best because what if he really did become an idol.. nobody would understand him. Always shutting himself out from experiences.'

 

'I just wish he'd realize that he needs to be better.'

 

'Yeah me too. He's gonna kill me. If he knew that I told you this.'

 

'I'm sure it will be fine. Text me Yeol if he's Donghyun or Jonghyun. I'll try to get to know them.'

 

'Alright. I hope this works.' 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello hello hello!! How are you all? Have you all been well? Me? I just finished with my exams so I'm back doing my internship sighs Hope you have a nice day, nice week, nice month and nice year :)

I'm sorry for the late update but I hope you alll like this one :) I am really super thankful for all the readers, subscribers and commenters. I'm sorry that I didn't get to answer the comments, I have just been really busy but I read it and I am grateful for it :) 

Vote, comment and subscribe! :)