Four

Art of Culinary Expression

"What are you doing?! He's going to kill us!" Baekhyun whined loudly behind Kyungsoo, who was hiding behind a corner. People passing by stared weirdly at them, for they were wearing white in a rather drab area of town. 

Kyungsoo eavesdropped on Chanyeol, Jongin, and Luhan, who all sat at the front of a wealthy café, drinking tea and sharing stories. The two had stalked them them some time. He hadn't at all decided his plans for when he found them, and now was his chance. 

Turning around, he met with Baekhyun's fearful face. 

"I think raising the ratings to our restaurant is a little more important. Now help me think of a plan."

"Forget you! I'm going back!" The older began stomping in the opposite direction until he was pulled back by his friend.

"Chanyeol! You have to say yes to Chanyeol! Maybe that's why he got angry and gave us the rating."

"Forget it! I'm not saying yes to that oversized elf! Go ask him out if you're that desperate."

"No! I don't want to be around them. You know Chanyeol more than I do! You would cook for him and eat with him."

That was entirely true. Would it really be worth it to keep the career he loves dearly by going out with someone he despised? 

Chanyeol was rather rude for taking advantage of his popularity in order to upset him, and Baekhyun hated that. Maybe if he were to be with him, he would learn better. He couldn't even spit in his direction without thinking of killing him. 

"Really Kyung..." He sighed sadly, and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Okay. I'll do it."

The smaller jumped happily while clapping his small hands. "Yes! Go,  hurry!"

Baekhyun took a deep breath before walking out to the open street towards the the boys. As he got closer, his hands sweat more and his head got hotter. He was starting to regret the decision.

Before he knew it, he was already on the other side of the street, standing still. At the corner of his eye, Kyungsoo motioned him to hurry up, but it wasn't easy. There was no interest towards Chanyeol in him. 

Walking over to their table, he ran into a few people, causing them to curse loudly. This made him more prone to being noticed. 

Jongin was the first to notice the boy waking in their direction, as he stood up straighter and pointed at him. 

"Is that Baekhyun?" He squinted his eyes to get a clearer view, and to his surprise, he was correct. Baekhyun looked down so he wouldn't have to see Chanyeol look at him. 

"Why is he back?" Luhan adjusted his scarf. "Did we leave something?

Chanyeol turned around to see why his friends were asking such preposterous questions. Sure enough, it was Baekhyun walking towards straight towards him, not anyone else, just him. He stood up from his seat, and looked down at the droopy eyed boy who refused to make eye contact. 

"What do you want?" Chanyeol's voice was bleak and callous.

"I accept." He grumbled. It must've not been loud enough, because Chanyeol inched closer. 

"What?"

"I said I accept your offer!!" Baekhyun screamed at the top of his lungs, scaring the nearby customers and making them stare. It was the only way to say yes without stuttering. Chanyeol swallowed, trying to contain his feelings. 

"Baekhyun?" Luhan questioned. "Are you okay?"

"...Yeah. Just tell me if the offer still stands then I'll be on my way."

"Y-yes. It still stands." Chanyeol clenched his fists, holding back the giant sloppy kiss he wanted to give the older. 

"Good. I'm going then." Baekhyun swallowed before stomping back to the corner where his friend hid. He could hear Chanyeol clap his hands, but he wasn't even half as happy as he was. There was a trench in him that somehow dig itself deeper. 

"Did you do it?" Kyungsoo asked wide-eyed, grabbing his trainee by his shoulders. He nodded his head in disapproval. 

"You owe me so much." The older pointed a sharp yet pretty finger at the other, then walked back to the restaurant, in no mood whatsoever to speak to anyone. 

Back at the restaurant, he was urged by customers to sing, but he profusely refused. He almost feared that Chanyeol would show up. Just because he offered to date him, it didn't mean that they were going to be intimate with each other like every other couple out there. Unfortunately, Chanyeol didn't know anything about merely dating him to help his restaurant, so whatever he wanted to do, Baekhyun would have to too in order to keep Chanyeol's suspicion at a low. 

Luckily, the restaurant's ratings went back up fairly quickly, Leeteuk extremely pleased. It was a large load off their backs. 

Then came sunset. 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo suspected that Chanyeol would not show up now that he got what he wanted, but they were wrong. One of the other chefs whispered to Baekhyun that he was requested once more. Hearing this, there was no doubt on who it was, and he gave a saddened glance at Kyungsoo. 

Sure enough, Chanyeol was sitting at the usual table, fiddling with his fingers. He seemed content, but didn't touch his food, like he always did until Baekhyun was around. The boy walked up to the table and sat down across from the taller. 

"Hey." He sighed. 

"Yup." Chanyeol stabbed his fork into some food, not making eye contact. That was quite strange. 

The duo sat together in a pained silence. Neither of them couldn't speak, although Chanyeol was always the kind to start up conversations, but today he was silent. Wordless. It was almost as if he was upset about something, although he had no reason. 

"Did something happen?" Baekhyun timidly questioned the younger male, who paused. 

"No.. nothing happened." 

"Is there reason why you're not speaking then?" Oop. That came out quite rude. 

Chanyeol swallowed. Why was he so quiet today? 

"Because you." A wave of relief flew over him after saying that, but for some reason, Baekhyun was hurt by it. Did he somehow find out about him dating him for ratings? 

"Me? What did I do wrong?"

"You're my first."

Baekhyun stared. HE was his first boyfriend? The almighty Park Chanyeol had never had a relationship until now? 

But that was no reason to be awkward. 

"Oh." The older looked down, deciding whether he should laugh at or comfort the other. He's had his share of relationships in the past, but not one where he was to date him against his will. 

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay. I was just like this my first one too." He fibbed. He just longed to see Chanyeol's happy side again.

He didn't eat any further. He simply pushed his plate father away. His face read nervousness. 

"What did you do on your first date?"

Baekhyun gave a reassuring smile.

"Well, we did whatever we both agreed on." He scooted closer to his boyfriend, taking off his hat. "I think if it's done that way, there won't be any problems."

Taking his hands and locking then together, Baekhyun thought for a moment. Seeing this shy side of Chanyeol really made him more confident, now that he had the chance to talk about himself. 

"Do you like rice noodles?"

Chanyeol nodded, tightening the grip between their hands.

"Then I guess it's settled." 

 

 

~

 

 

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol walked to their apartment complex. Baekhyun dropped his best friend off, just to make sure he wouldn't get jumped while walking alone. 

The couple left, leaving the poor youngest alone with his dog. Sure, he was happy that Baekhyun was happy, but it was boring without someone to talk to. 

"Everyone is growing up." The doe eyed boy smiled to himself, then picked up Miyoung. He sat down on the sofa, rubbing his fingers through her light colored fur. 

"Should I get a relationship of my own, Miyoung?" He chuckled as she whimpered against his stomach. "I know, I'll still love you."

He spent quite some time messing with her, or watching TV. Of course he was bored. If Baekhyun were around, they'd be making new recipes, or planning their future. There was no one to eat dinner with, so he passed. 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Kyungsoo stood up from his seat in the couch, with Miyoung jumping off his lap and jumping to the door, barking loudly.

"Miyoung! Quiet!" He whisper shouted. They weren't expecting anyone. Who could be at the door?

Looking through the peephole, he saw the oddly rounded face of Jongin. Of course, who else.  Luhan was off to the side, seeming to about something, as Jongin kept pushing the laughing boy away. 

Kyungsoo cautiously opened the door, letting only half of his face be shown. 

"Kyungsoo?" He asked and pursed his lips. 

"Do you need something?" The boy struggled to keep Miyoung from escaping out the door. She continuously scratched his leg, leaving white lines along the skin. 

"Ah, no. Chanyeol and Baekhyun told me you were alone, so I offered to keep you company."

Kyungsoo was shocked. He would rather spend time alone. 

"O-Okay." He stammered, then reluctantly opened the door for the two. Luhan ruffled his hair as he made his way in. 

"It's a nice place." Luhan smiled, hands in pockets. His eyes darted around the place, but he wasn't nosy. He was merely a nice houseguest. 

Jongin didn't pay much attention to the place, instead he had fallen in love with Miyoung. The small dog was quite shy at first, but she learned to get along with Jongin's gentle nature, and sat at his feet while he pet her head. 

"What's her name?" He eagerly asked, looking up at Kyungsoo. 

"Miyoung. She's a Papillon."

Luhan walked over admiring her beauty. For sure, Miyoung was a pretty dog.

Kyungsoo sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, do you want anything to drink?" This was the first time being in a thin shirt and shorts around other guys except Baekhyun. His emotions read nothing but pure embarrasment, thank god his visitors were too much attached to Miyoung. His face must've been extremely red. 

Jongin shook his head while standing back up. 

"You weren't busy were you?" He asked, eyeing Kyungsoo's odd attire. He had only ever seen him in white. 

"No. I just wasn't expecting anyone."

"Well now that were here..." Luhan began shedding off his winter coat and hung it on the nearby chair. "Is there anything you were doing before we came?"

Would he really admit to them that he was watching Pororo. Yeah, right. 

"I was just channel surfing." 

"Great! Do you want to watch TV?"

Kyungsoo pursed his lips and nodded. He was more interested in spending time with his dog. Alone. But he had no chance of doing so now. He shuffled to the smallest loveseat where only he fit. That gave Jongin and Luhan the only option on the large couch beside each other. 

With the remote, he surfed to didn't channels, tempted to stop on Pororo. 

"What do you like to watch?" 

Pororo. 

"Anything."

Jongin sensed his nervousness. He learned that Kyungsoo was easily intimated back at the restaurant. It was difficult to choose different words and piece them together without scaring him. 

"D-do you watch Pororo?"

Kyungsoo looked away from the screen and at him with determined eyes. 

"Pororo?"

"I.. watch it every now and then."

"You should watch it more. I get that it's mainly for younger children, but it's really addictive." Jongin chuckled. 

Luhan groaned and threw his head back. 

"I don't want to watch Pororo, you watch it all the time."

"For Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo paused at a soap opera, unsure of what to watch. He awkwardly watch them bicker, wishing heavily that Baekhyun would return soon. Glancing at the clock, the green light read 10:43. Almost 11. Baekhyun would always be angry whenever Kyungsoo went out and returned after 9. Did something happen between them? 

"Whatever." Luhan stood up and walked over to the door, opening it as he slipped into his coat and shoes. "You have a blind date tomorrow Jongin, you have to wake up early. I'm going to wait in the car." And like that, he was out, his stomps still heard outside of the heavy door. Jongin chuckled nervously as Kyungsoo passed him an odd sort of look. 

Jongin has a blind date? Is it a girl? Is he not gay as he seemed at the restaurant?

He didn't know why, but Kyungsoo had so many questions flowing through his brain. His head had never felt so busy, and it wasn't like him to question another's personal life. 

"Don't mind him. He has a temper." Jongin swallowed, awkwardly shifting in his seat. He was obviously not interested in the show that was on the TV, but Kyungsoo was unwilling to change it. Maybe it would be enough the make him leave. 

"You don't have to stay."

"I know, but you need company. Who knows what our friends are doing."

Kyungsoo sighed heavily. Jongin was obviously not going to leave anytime soon. 

"Why don't you sit here?" The younger pat the spot beside him, where Luhan sat earlier. 

"...I'm a very independent person." Kyungsoo lied. He actually loved the feeling of being in someone else's arms. Especially someone taller. 

The response made Jongin remember the restaurant. Kyungsoo wasn't being honest with him. It was obvious that the smaller was intimated by Jongin for whatever reason, but he didn't want to show it. 

He didn't speak anymore. It was clear that Kyungsoo wished to be alone, and it hurt. All the confidence left him. Getting Kyungsoo was a lot harder than it looked. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't written this in a while. 

It's hard to think of ideas, and from my understanding, most people think of the plot to their fic but I don't. 

The other members will show up. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol's date will be the next chapter. It'll be the sane time as this chapter, just different people. 

If you want to see more of other members or ships, please comment below, that way I can measure it out evenly into the fanfic. (:

Thanks for subscribing!