One

Art of Culinary Expression

The faithful month of February neared her end, closing in for March to take place, introducing warmer weather.

Do Kyungsoo was always ecstatic for a change in anything. March meant the blooming of the familiar green color that faded in slowly, timid for it's welcome to the world. This also meant that his restaurant would excel in it's customer count, for the citizens of Gangnam favored his cuisine during the time of spring. He was very much proud of everyone's appreciation; no one was around to put him down.

Byun Baekhyun, his one trainee, was also known for his talents in cooking. He had a very bubbly personality, and a strong habit of mocking others. The cheery boy was one to lighten up the restaurant's dark days, meeting each customer with a bright smile and twinkling eyes.

For months the two improved working in and around the kitchen. Each day passed like the morning breeze- which was much too fast for their liking. 

Until the day they recieved an unexpected asking.

It wasn't normal for a customer to request for an individual chef, but a certain someone broke the record.

Everyday Kyungsoo would see Baekhyun had been specially selected by one of their customers, almost daily. He would be called upon near the end of sunset, where the restaurant's atmosphere transformed into a more classic tone. A few hours would pass, then the trainee would finally return to the kitchen, happy as always. 

Kyungsoo was always hesitant to ask, but then came the magical day where Baekhyun told him himself.

It was late, most of the chefs had gone, leaving Kyungsoo and Baekhyun alone to clean up the remaining dishes. The younger would proceed to clean up, while Baekhyun would examine.

"You're probably wondering why I'm always gone." Baekhyun started. 

The younger looked slightly from behind him, pausing for a bit from cleaning.

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"I'm not sure. I'm not even sure why I haven't told you earlier. It makes me feel selfish."

Kyungsoo chuckled, then untied his apron, removing his toque in the process. He helped his friend untie his too, feeling slightly sorry for making his student feel guilty.

"Don't worry." The shorter set away the white clothing, then leaned back against the metal counter. "You can tell me now, and take the weight off your back."

Baekhyun, who was pleasantly please that one of his only friends was making things much easier than expected, sat down in a nearby stool.

"Well, this customer is really rich. He told me that he found me on the internet, and planned to request me as his chef everytime he visits." 

"Is that so? Why?" 

Baekhyun sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"He never told me. But he always wants me to sit with him while he eats, so he can compliment my dish."

Kyungsoo, who was a little unsure about this customer, leaned in closer, eager for more information.

"Have you not tried asking him why?"

The trainee felt himself getting extremely hot, regardless of the cold draft that invaded the kitchen.

"I don't know why I don't ask him. He's a little bit on the mysterious side. All I know about him is that his name is Park Chanyeol. That's all he's willing to tell me." Baekhyun stood up, glancing at the clock on the wall. "We should probably go. This place isn't very nice when it's empty."

Kyungsoo was slightly upset that he couldn't know more. Not that it was his buisness, but his best friend was involved. 

He silently agreed, then made his way out the back door, his partner quietly following from behind. 

Outside, the weather conditions were near freezing. Baekhyun did not have the correct shielding for such temperatures, so he struggled to stay warm. The same applied for Kyungsoo, as both boys were hugging themselves while watching the cold foggy breath escape from their mouths. The streets were drowned in darkness; even one of Korea's most richest cities were empty. The two feared the worst, and they both seemed to understand each other's dread, then began walking faster, shoulder to shoulder. 

 The apartment complex the duo lived inside was usually a short distance from the restaurant, but during the time of walking, the atmosphere was strangely chilling, although it never had been. 

Aside from the empty ambiance, there seemed to be the shadowy presence of a man. Whoever the stranger was, he was well dressed, regardless of his aggressive seeming figure. He was tall, at least 6 feet, and very cautious from scaring Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. 

Kyungsoo slowed down in pace, freaking out about the man behind. Baekhyun, instead of letting anxiety take over like anyone who was being followed would, he turned around with all the courage left in his bones to confront the stranger. 

The man stopped, probably shocked that such a small boy would have such spirit to turn around to an unknown man. He stopped in his tracks. 

Baekhyun pointed a rude finger directly at the hidden face, pursing his lips. 

"What do you want?"

The stranger scoffed, then removed his face mask along with his hood. 

Kyungsoo was clueless of his attributes, reacting rather confusingly. His partner's mouth gaped, obviously surprised and had the ability to recognize the man without problem. 

"You crazy bastard! I thought we were for sure dead!" He shouted in distress, his echoes pouring throughout the streets. 

"My bad." He spoke with a deep voice, then directed towards Kyungsoo. "Is this your friend?"

Kyungsoo bowed respectfully, in attempt to avoid getting beat to a pulp.

"This is the guy. Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun explained. 

Chanyeol bowed in return, waving his hand. "Hey. My friend thinks you're cute." He said with giggles. The younger cocked an eyebrow at him, finding that sudden remark to be just a tad bit pathetic. 

"Park Chanyeol!"

"Sorry."

Baekhyun sighed in relief that his life was not going to come to an end. 

"Excuse us, but we'll going now. I'll see you again tomorrow." He said, grabbing the still utterly shocked Kyungsoo. 

Chanyeol seemed to be slightly disappointed that they were leaving so soon, so he insisted on the duo coming back to his house, where they reluctantly declined.

"My friend really wants to meet you guys. Let's give him a chance."

Kyungsoo glanced at Baekhyun, who was the only person for someone reason that he trusted on to make possibly a life changing decision. The other boy looked back, thinking truly deeply about the offer. He and Kyungsoo had a dog to take care of back home, and he only knew Chanyeol from where he worked. There was nothing else he knew about him, only his name. 

"When I know you better, I promise we'll visit." He said, before walking away with pride, leaving the taller man to pout alone. 

~
SHORT CHAPTER
BECAUSE
IT'S THE BEGINNING
SORRY
K