Three

Art of Culinary Expression

"Go out with me Byun Baekhyun!"

"......Excuse me-"

"Please!"

Baekhyun blinked rapidly, unsure of how to respond to Chanyeol's question. He felt something like this coming, but was never in the right mind to decide how to respond. The day had now come, and he was totally unprepared. 

"C-Chanyeol.."

"I can't wait anymore! For weeks I've been trying to build up courage for this moment."

Luhan stood up. 

"Hey, you're not the only one who has to prepare for stuff like this too! Haven't you even thought of the time he'd needed?!"

He was right. 

He hadn't thought about Baekhyun's place at all. 

He was just being selfish, thinking about only himself. 

"Baekhyun..."

Baekhyun held up a slender hand. 

"It's fine. I-I think it's time for us to go."

Kyungsoo stood up as soon as his student began walking away. Jongin held him back, gripping onto the smaller's wrist with a pout.

He shook it off, nodding at Jongin that there was no need to worry, then shuffled to the kitchen to aid his shocked friend. 

"Baek?" He whispered walking in. Leaning against the metal counter was Baekhyun, pale as a ghost and head bent back. 

Kyungsoo placed a gentle hands on the other's shoulder. 

"Don't worry. You just need time."

"I thought I would immediately say yes." Baekhyun giggled. "Now I just walked away from him like an idiot."

The younger shook his head.

"You're not an idiot. You were just unprepared." Kyungsoo smiled that his friend still kept a positive attitude. He walked back out into the restaurant where the the customers still stood. Chanyeol sat quietly with his large hands covering his face. Jongin and Luhan would poke him every now and then, but their hands were soon smacked away. 

Jongin stood up from his seat when Kyungsoo came into his stalker radar, and he bowed with respect. The other found this to be strange, for they had already greeted each other, and it wasn't traditional to greet someone you had already met, but he just shook it off and bowed in return. 

"Is he going to be okay?" Kyungsoo said, glancing down at Chanyeol to avoid Jongin's intense stare.

"Maybe. He doesn't get over rejection so easy, because he's usually the one rejecting." Luhan said, trying to hide his laugh. 

The smaller worryingly gazed at the large hunched figure as he put a hand on his shoulder. 

"I really don't want to leave him like this."

Jongin bit his lip, slightly jealous and suspicious of Kyungsoo's intimacy with his friend. 

"He's fine. Trust me."

Kyungsoo cocked an eyebrow, judging the irrelevant statement. Chanyeol was obviously in need of comfort. 

"Well he doesn't look fine to me." He growled, much more bleak than he desired. 

Jongin took note of the rudeness, and proceeded to grab Kyungsoo by the waist with one hand and his behind with the other. The younger whimpered loudly when they came into contact, but luckily, Luhan seperated the two with a harsh grunt. 

"Kim Jongin!" Luhan shouted, causing Chanyeol to look up. "How many times do I have to tell you?!"

Jongin shook away from his friend with a sharp groan, then looked away with red ears. 

Luhan ruffled Kyungsoo's hair. 

"I'm sorry." He said. He pushed Jongin towards the door then lifted Chanyeol up from his seat. "We're going to go. Thank you for the food." 

Baekhyun walked out the kitchen door before they walked out of the restaurant, triggering Chanyeol. He tried to escape from Luhan's grip, but was held back. With that being done, Luhan dragged him out the door before anything physical was done. 

"What happened?"

Kyungsoo shivered, the recent interaction with Jongin replaying in his head. Baekhyun waved a hands in front of his face. 

"Kyung?"

The younger shook his head. 

"Forget it. Help me clean up."

 

~

 

 

Because of the trio's early dismissal, the restaurant was lively once again. 

Baekhyun quickly forgot about what happened earlier, but Kyungsoo seemed to be scarred.

It wasn't all the time he would experience intimacy with anyone, especially someone like Jongin. Not that Jongin was a bad person, but Kyungsoo had an extremely bad habit of judging people beforehand. Because of Jongin's possessive attitude, he was first on his 'ignorant people' sort of list. 

There was no way Kyungsoo could have any kind of attraction towards Jongin, but maybe he was good looking and particularly cute when he possessed over something, but he was too easy. Besides, Kyungsoo never felt he was prepared for a relationship, especially with a guy. He had convinced himself that he was only attracted to girls, and would need time if he desired to be in a dedicated relationship with a male. 

"Would you like anything else...?" He asked an impatient customer, who so rolled his eyes. 

With a raised hand, the customer merely shook his head, for some reason too upset toto speak. He sent Kyungsoo away. 

As he dragged himself into the kitchen, Baekhyun appeared with a bright happy face, and a dish in hand. 

"Look what I made!" The lively boy beamed as he spoke. He brought up the plate to Kyungsoo's glum expression. 

Normally, Kyungsoo would be proud that Baekhyun made his own dish without the help of another, for he had been having some executing certain proportions on how to properly set up a small dish, where he had done so now. Instead of congratulating him and celebrating by sharing the small meal, he slumped lazily into the nearby stool. 

Baekhyun's crescent eyes quickly transformed into droopy puppy ones. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. 

"That Jongin guy from today. That's what's wrong."

The trainee blinked. 

"What?"

"Jongin. That's his name right? He really ruined my day."

Baekhyun thought for a moment. Maybe it had to be about how he was so touchy with his friend. He knew for sure that Kyungsoo was off limits to anyone except his own mom, so being felt in such a simple way still made a great affect on the boy. 

He pat the younger's shoulder. 

"Don't worry about it. He's not going to come back." Hopefully.

"Agh. I hope not. That last thing I need is a blonde brute ar-"

Before Kyungsoo could finish his sentence, Leeteuk appeared tumbling through the back door, hair a mess and crumpled papers in hand. The two boys both cocked an eyebrow at their chef's strange scene today. He usually want one to be so disorganized. 

"Chef?" Kyungsoo asked. 

Leeteuk yelled out a frustrated shout before leaning against the wall. 

"We're so dead!" He cried, pulling at his own hair in grief. "What did you two morons do this morning?!"

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at each other and shrugged. 

Their chef held up the distorted papers in his throbbing hand, pointing at it as veins slowly grew from his face. 

"Our restaurant rating went down 1 and a half stars. And do you two imbeciles know who's responsible for that?"

"U-us?" Baekhyun trembled.

"NO! Park Chanyeol is! Him and his friends are high ranked buisnessmen in this city. Just because they're good looking, they have crazed fans that agree to everything they say! They gave us a bad rating this morning and their little followers did the same exact thing!!!"

The two boys stood in utter shock. How could they have the nerve? Just because Baekhyun didn't say yes to Chanyeol's request? 

"You guys are going to do something about this! I don't care if you have to wear trash bags and beg on your knees, just do something to get our feedback back where it was! Am I clear?!" Leeteuk continued, ignoring the other chefs staring at his behavior. 

"Crystal." The duo stammered. Their chef grunted before storming out of the kitchen. 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Guess that makes two bad days for us."

Kyungso instantly slivered out of his uniform.

"What are you doing? Chef's going to kill us if we leave." His friend warned. 

"Forget it. If those jerks think they can do whatever they want just because they're so rich, I'm going to do something about it."

"You're insane. This isn't a Korean drama. Leave them be and let the rating slowly rise itself."

The younger was about to walk or the door, but turned around and grabbed Baekhyun. 

"Wha- hey! I can get fired because of you!" Customers stared as they passed by. "Yah! Do Kyungsoo!"

And with that, they were out in the streets of Gangnam.