Two

Art of Culinary Expression

"Wake up."

"..Nnghhh.."

"Yah. You want to be late again?"

"..zzz....."

"YAH! DO KYUNGSOO!" By now, Baekhyun had reached his limit, and began to hit his sleepy friend with a harmless pillow. Kyungsoo merely groaned and covered his ears to muffle the loud Tarzan-like cries that his friend obnoxiously let out, while their puppy, Miyoung, barked and whined in order to protect Kyungsoo from the attack. 

For 10 minutes the quarrel went on. Distressed knocks were heard from their walls, for their neighbors found their loud ruckus was not something they wanted to wake up to at 7 in the morning. 

Kyungsoo rolled off the bed and crashed into the floor after giving up. His roommate triumphantly pumped a fist into the air. 

"Finally you're up! We have less than 10 minutes to get ready, no thanks to you!" He scrambled of the bed, then proceeded to drag his still sleeping roommate into the depths of the cold living room. 

"Get up!!" Baekhyun cried impatiently. They've never been this late before.

Kyungsoo nodded, and stood up to his feet, rubbing his eyes. 

"What time is it?"

"It's 7:40 you idiot!" Baekhyun was now clawing his own face. "We're so dead! If Chef Leeteuk sees that we're not there by 8, we'll lost our jobs!"

"Shut up, shut up." The younger sighed as he plainly put his culinary uniform on over his sleeping attire. His friend found this to be weird, but still worried that they were on the verge of getting fired. 

Jumping up and down, Baekhyun shouted ,"You're so slow!", or "We're so fired". The other didn't seem too worried about their current situation. Instead, he took his time like he would on a normal morning. 

After a few minutes of loud and impatient shouting sessions, Baekhyun grabbed his friend by the wrist, then bolted outside. 

Running to the restaurant instead of walking definitely saved some time. They reached their destination within half the time spent if they had walked. 

Kyungsoo gasped for breath, while Baekhyun seemed to be totally fine. They walked into the restaurant, hand around wrist.

"Chef!" He cried out. There seemed to be no answer. 

"Chef Leeteuk!"

Silence. 

By the time Kyungsoo recovered, he noticed the strange nature of the quietness. Usually, the restaurant was packed in the mornings, bright and lively. 

Suddenly, their faithful chef appeared from the kitchen entrance. 

"Chef! Where is everyone?!" Kyungsoo asked with widened eyes. 

Leeteuk didn't look away from the tablet he held in his arms but still answered the boy's startled question. 

"A customer rented this place out for the whole day."

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stood shocked. How could anyone have the money for that, let alone the money for food to last a whole day? Aside from all the years they've worked there, they've never seen such an expensive order. 

"It's a party of three."

That's it? 

"Chef, why would someone rent out the whole restaurant for only three people? Isn't that a little much?"

Leeteuk set down his tablet with a large sigh. 

"The customer has their own right to spend their money however they desire Baekhyun. Now stop asking such ignorant questions and help me prepare the dishes. They should arrive within-" He paused and glanced at his watch. "20 minutes."

The duo hassled at how much limited time was available to them. Immediately, they rushed into the kitchen, grabbing their aprons from the rack.

For some time the three chefs cooked various dishes without any issues. Kyungsoo had sine trouble performing well, but was still able to prefect each plate. Baekhyun didn't contribute much to the cooking spree. He instead observed from behind, for he was merely a chef in training, and was going to take the advantage of a larger order with his beginner level skill. Not only that, but he felt he wasn't ready to cater for such a wealthy party, aside from such a small amount of guests. 

Leeteuk instantly jumped from his work and to the restaurant entrance when he heard the door alarm ring. 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun stayed inside the kitchen, watching their wealthy guests enter from afar. 

"Holy cow." Baekhyun whispered, as Chanyeol walked into the building, hands in pockets and expression blank. Behind him were two other well raised men, one with sort of a tanner than normal complexion, and the other with a handsome yet pretty face. 

Kyungsoo cocked his eyebrow. "Are they trying to show off or something? They're acting like they own the Blue House or something!" (Like America has a White House for the president, Korea calls it the Blue House)

"Shh!"

The two watched Leeteuk exchange hand shakes with each boy. The three seemed to be harmless to Baekhyun, but Kyungsoo saw them as snobby heirs to a large manufacturer of Korea.

After a few short minutes, Leeteuk returned with his apron off.

"You two bafoons are in charge of catering for them." He stated, pointing at the duo. "I'm going to go, so please try not to ruin this. They're waiting for their food now." And with that, their chef exited through the back door with a smirk. 

Kyungsoo groaned with his arms thrown in the air. Looking through the glass of the kitchen door, the three boys had already sat down and were chatting casually. 

"I'm not going to give them their food. You take it." Kyungsoo growled stressfully. 

Baekhyun gasped in disbelief. "No way! You cooked it!"

"This is your first lesson then! Serve the food properly to the customer."

"No! If you're going to teach me, the least you can do is demonstrate!"

Kyungsoo threw his head back. "Fine."

Together, the two boys filled individual trays with the completed dishes, then shyly made their way to the table with the trio. Chanyeol instantly stood up when he saw Baekhyun arriving. 

"Baekhyun!" He happily squealed, stretching out his arms. Baekhyun slightly bowed in his direction, but still focused on properly setting the food down. 

Kyungsoo could feel the stare of one of the boys. He lightly sweat, because the atmosphere was suddenly filled with lust.

After everything was neatly set onto the table, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun politely bowed before proceeding to return to the kitchen. But instead of normally walking back, Chanyeol asked for the chefs to accompany them. Baekhyun expected this, but Kyungsoo was totally unaware of the sudden request. 

Baekhyun say down in an empty seat next to Chanyeol, then motioned his friend to sit down too. The only seat available around the round table was between the tanned boy and the flower boy. Uncomfortable, he sat down quickly and secretly shifted closer to the flower boy, away from the boy who stared at him earlier. 

Chanyeol, obviously excited to be with his friends and Baekhyun, introduced each of his friends. 

He extended a long arm out to the tanned boy then at the flower boy, who both bowed when they were directed at. 

"This is Jongin." Chanyeol said, his arm at the tanned one. "And this is Luhan." His arm moved to the other. 

Kyungsoo nodded, while Baekhyun awkwardly thought of a conversation starter.

"P-please try the food. We just recieved a new shipment of fresh produce this morning." He stammered, eyeing Kyungsoo with fear. 

The three did as told, each one delicately taking small bites of the dishes. As Jongin chewed, he looked at Kyungsoo and smiled, who would only nervously crack a small grin that meant nothing of the sort.

"As always, the food is amazing." Chanyeol beamed with delight. 

"Thank you." Baekhyun smiled, his eyes forming into crescents. 

Luhan turned to the two chefs. "I never recieved a name from you two."

"Ah. My bad. I'm Baekhyun." Baekhyun spoke, his recent smile disappearing. "And my friend here is Kyungsoo."

"I see. Well, you both are very talented. I'm looking forward to coming back next time."

Kyungsoo's heart shaped lips formed into a true smile hearing the compliments. "Thank you."

Jongin admired the way he smiled. Never has he seen such cute lips, perfectly matching with the boy's doe-like eyes. All he needed was to befriend him. 

"So Kyungsoo..." Jongin took the chance to speak while he was still smiling. "How long have you worked here?"

Before he could answer, Luhan spoke first.

" already?"

Jongin rolled his eyes, turning just a tiny bit red. Luhan was right. Kyungsoo had only spoken and smiled, and it took great effect on him. 

Ignoring Luhan, he asked his question once more. 

"About 5 years." Kyungsoo said, holding up five fingers with his pale shaken hands. Jongin sensed his nervousness with worry. 

"Are you afraid?"

No. Kyungsoo thought, although he really was scared. These men looked to be part of the mafia, and the last thing he wanted was to have a bullet sent straight through the back of his head and out his forehead.

He didn't answer the question, instead he shook his head, looking down at the gold buttons of his uniform. 

"Do I look like a bad person to you?"

Yes.

He shook his head again.

"Well you can talk to me. I promise you I won't hurt you or Baekhyun."

Liar.

"Okay."

Baekhyun knew that Kyungsoo just wanted to go back home and snuggle with Miyoung until she could no longer breath, wrapped around a soft Pororo blanket while watching Pororo. No matter how much he wanted to let him do that, he wasn't in his place to allow it. 

"So why did you rent out the whole restaurant?" He asked. 

Chanyeol chirped with mesmerizing eyes as he looked down at Baekhyun. 

"So you can know me better." His teeth shone through pink lips, something everyone was jealous of. "Then you can come over to my house. Like you said yesterday."

Why was he so interested in him? Without a doubt he was attracted to the smaller, but immediately going into visiting one another's house was too quick. 

Kyungsoo shot daggers at Chanyeol, hoping no one would notice except Baekhyun. Luckily, he did notice, and took the attitude to be a sign that he wanted to end a certain someone's life. 

"So is everyone going to have a relationship except me?" Luhan interrupted the mental battle with a hurt tone. 

Jongin chucked, putting a hand over his mouth. 

"Yes."

Luhan scooted closer to Kyungsoo, which wasn't to hard since they weren't that far apart anyways, and placed his hand under the younger's chin, making him softly smile. 

"I think I'll just take Kyungsoo." He spoke, a mischievous grin forming, mostly directed towards Jongin. 

Jongin didn't take his actions too nicely. His possessive side began showing, as he smacked Luhan's hand away, then pulled Kyungsoo closer with a tight embrace, making his smile disappear into more of a shocked expression. 

Luhan laughed, clapping his hands. 

"The other side of you is showing Kim Jongin! You better watch out before you lose another one!"

Growling, Jongin pulled Kyungsoo closer than before, nearly to the point where he was barely on top of his lap. 

Baekhyun wanted to jump outside into Seoul's busy streets screaming '' but took the time to listen to Jongin's heavy breathing with a twitching eye. 

Chanyeol took the moment to be a little too serious. 

"Let him back onto his chair Jongin." He sighed. 

Jongin hesitated, his eyebrows furrowing, then gently grittiness his prey to his rightful spot with a low toned grumble. 

"Sorry."

Kyungsoo, who was slightly shaken, nodded to let him know that everything was fine. 

"I think we should go." Baekhyun said quietly, lifting himself up grin the chair. 

Chanyeol immediately stood up, his chair being pushed back and echoing a harsh squeak throughout the restaurant's ambience. 

"NO!" He shouted, fists clenched. Baekhyun jumped back from the sudden yell. 

"W-what?"

Jongin, Luhan, and Kyungsoo sat in suspense. 

"Go out with me Byun Baekhyun!"