NEW JOURNEY

YOU+ME=US

            “I’m his manager?” Mark asked with disbelief.

            “Yeah…you’re gonna work for me anyway…I might as well make you Jinyoung’s new manager…”

Mark and Jaebum were at the deck out back by the lake talking together.

            “But I’m supposed to manage a band remember? That’s what stated in the contract before…”

It’s not like Mark didn’t want to work with Jinyoung it’s just…with Hyunwoo around, his relationship may be at stake if he work with a solo artist…a male artist on top of that. A group is what Mark needed to mend things up with his man.

            “I know…but the situation changed…please Mark, I need your help in this…I don’t want any more scandal with Jinyoung…his career is in jeopardy…” Jaebum looked at him, almost pleading.

            “I dunno Jae…”

            “I’ll double up your pay…and 20% of the manager profit…”

            “You know it’s not about the money…”

            “Ok…tell you what…just be Jinyoung’s temporary manager until I find someone else…how’s that?”

            “Jaebum ah…”

            “Please Mark…think of this as a favour I ask… as a good friend…”

            “Okay fine…”

            “Thank you!” Jaebum hugged him. “I owe you one.”

            “Just hurry finding the replacement ok?”

            “Yes sir…”

Jinyoung watched from the inside as Jaebum and the new guy, apparently his name is Mark talking together.

            “What was that about?” he asked when Jaebum walked inside.

            “Meet your new manager…”

            “He agreed?”

            “Yup…please Jinyoung ah…I beg you not to screw this up. It’s hard enough to find anyone that willing to work with you and this guy agreed…”

            “But hyung…”

            “There’s no more buts Jinyoung ah…you created this mess and I’m forced to clean it up and this is the only way I knew how…”

            “I’m not responsible if he decided to quit.”

            “What are you trying to do Park Jinyoung?” Jaebum raised his eyebrows, slightly irritated with Jinyoung’s words. The younger guy could be hard to read sometimes.

            “Nothing…I’m just saying…” Jinyoung turned around and head up to his room.

********************************

            “I thought you said that you’re gonna manage a band…” Hyunwoo said staring at Mark.

            “I did…but things changed…my asked me to be Park Jinyoung’s manager…”

Mark was explaining things to Hyunwoo as soon as he got back from Gapyeong and the older guy was having a hard time accepting the news.

            “And you agreed to it?” Hyunwoo crossed his arms.

            “I had to…but it’s only temporary…until they find my replacement…”

            “I’ve heard things about that Park Jinyoung…countless scandals…”

            “So? It’s not like I’m gonna date him…look babe, this is my job we’re talking about…my career…”

            “Can’t you just change your career then? Work in the office or something…”

            “Babe…please…can we not talk about this? It’s going nowhere arguing with you…”

            “First Jackson and now Park Jinyoung…why? You’re interested in younger guys now?”

            “What the hell is wrong with you? You’re saying as if I would cheat on you with them…”

            “There are possibilities the way I see it…”

            “Seriously? Know what? I’m outta here…give me a call if you’re done being such idiot filled with jealousy…”

Mark grabbed his stuff and went out of Hyunwoo’s apartment. The plan he had to spend the weekend with him before his work starts disappeared into thin air with Hyunwoo ludicrous behaviour.

Meanwhile…

            “Yes reporter Park…that guy is Jinyoung’s new manager…Jinyoung got a little bit much to drink that night and that’s how he behaves…he gets touchy sometimes…” Jaebum said over the phone.

Jinyoung walked into his office.

            “Yes, yes…new love interest? He’s too busy for that now…okay…I’ll talk to you again…you’ll be the first one to know if something new happen to our artist…nae, nae…thank you…” he hung up.

            “Reporter Park?” Jinyoung asked as he sat at the sofa.

            “Yeah…I had to clear things up and it seems like the scandal you’ve created finally taken care of…”

            “I know you can do it hyung…” Jinyoung grinned.

            “I just don’t know what to do with you anymore Jinyoung ah…” Jaebum shook his head.

            “Like I say before…just love me unconditionally and you’ll be fine hyung…” Jinyoung chuckled.

            “Please spend the remaining day off you had out of trouble ok?”

            “Yes sir!”

Jinyoung phone rings. He looked at the screen and Junho’s number appeared.

            “You’re not gonna pick that up?” Jaebum asked.

            “Nope…”

            “Who is it? Junho?”

            “Yeah…he’s been calling me nonstop…”

            “Should I do something? I know the CEO of his agency…I can talk to him if he’s bothering you.”

            “It’s ok hyung…he’ll stop when he got tired…”

Jinyoung took off the battery of his phone and tossed it on the coffee table.

            “Maybe I should get new number…”

**********************************

            “This is Eunsuh, Jinyoung’s stylist and Chaeyeon, his coordi…” Jaebum introduced the two girls to Mark. He happily shook hands with them.

            “I hope we can work great together…” Mark smiled. He always looked forward meeting new people.

            “Where’s Jinyoung anyway? He supposed to be here…” Jaebum looked at his watch.

            “I called Jaehwan just now and he said they’re already on their way here.” Eunsuh said.

            “Jaehwan?” Mark asked.

            “Our driver oppa…one of the best in the company…” she smiled.

Jinyoung walked into the office and saw the staff crowding in front of the conference room.

            “What happened?” Jinyoung asked one of the staff.

            “Oh Jinyoung ah…your new manager is a killer…damn he’s hot!” Min squealed.

            “He is? Maybe…” Jinyoung shrugged.

He looked and saw Mark was talking to Jaebum with his stylist and coordi. He gotta admit, Mark probably the best looking manager he had so far. Tall, lean with handsome face…any women or men would say he’s one piece of hotness.

            “Looks like you’re not the only cutie around here Jinyoung ah…” Youngji patted his back with a smile.

Later that day…

            “You’re Jinyoung’s new manager?” Mr. Kang Seojun, the magazine editor asked Mark. They were at a warehouse shooting for Jinyoung’s new ad for a fashion spread.

            “Yeah…” Mark nodded. “Just begin my work recently…”

            “Really? Here I thought Jaebum had a new model that he didn’t tell me about…” he patted Mark’s back. “Jinyoung, he’s a good kid…but tend to get emotional sometimes…”

            “So I’ve been told…”

            “Seojun hyung, you’re not bad mouthing me behind my back right?” Jinyoung said, after the shoot ended, and he was heading to get a quick outfit change.

            “Of course not…just talking to your new manager here…” Seojun said, looking at the monitor. “Looks good Jinyoung ah…”

            “Thanks hyung…” Jinyoung smiled.

            “Couple more outfit and then we’re done…” he said.

            “Nae hyung…”

The shoot is over and Jinyoung made his way to the changing room and heard some of the magazine staff talking.

            “Jinyoung’s new manager is such a sweet heart…he saw me carrying those huge makeup box and he offered to carry it for me when we met at the entrance.” One of them said in high pitched voice. She sounded happy for some reason.

            “He did? That is so sweet of him…and did you see when he smiles? I could stare at it the whole day and never get bored.” Another one said.

            “I almost thought that he’s some rookie model or something…”

            “He’s definitely rank high up among the celebrity managers right now…maybe he’ll get his own fan club soon…”

            “Maybe…”

Jinyoung kept walking, still thinking about the conversation he just heard.

In the van…

            “Since it’s only been a day that you started working, I just thought maybe we could take it easy ok?” Mark said as they were moving to their next schedule.

            “Sure…” Jinyoung answered, lowering the seat backward.

            “Another shoot for Elle and we’re done for the day…”

Jinyoung looked at Mark whose busy doing his work using the digital planner.

            “Aren’t you working a little too hard for your first day at work?” je said cocking one eyebrow. “Who are you trying to impress? Jaebum hyung?”

Mark glanced over at Jinyoung.

            “Well, I tend to take my job seriously…I’m not trying to impress anyone…that’s not my style if you must know…”

            “Not the way I see it…”

            “Suit yourself then…I’m just doing my job…Eunsuh, did you get the memo for our schedule tomorrow?”

            “I did oppa…me and Chaeyeon are heading to the magazine main office to see the photo shoot concept…” Eunsuh answered.

            “You want to come with you?”

            “If you want to…it’s good if the manager is there…”

            “Ok…I’ll go fetch you girls first thing in the morning…Jaehwan ah, have a good rest tonight since we have long day tomorrow…” Mark patted Jaehwan’s shoulder.

            “Nae hyung…”

Jinyoung snorted. He was irritated by the way he saw Mark…somehow, he felt that Mark was too fake in his eyes. No one work that hard for nothing.

 

It seems like that Jinyoung hated Mark...or is he?

What's next? Stay tuned!

BBYONG!!!!