MEET THE TUANS

YOU+ME=US

            “Hyung, are you sure it’s ok for me to tag along?” Jinyoung asked. He looked at Mark who’s driving next to him. “I don’t want to be some kind of burden or anything.”

He and the older guy were on their way back to Mark’s parents’ house.

            “It’s totally ok Jinyoung ah…my family gonna be thrilled to see you…”Mark smiled. “It’s not like every day that they have a Hallyu star coming home with me…”

            “You never bring anyone you worked with home before?”

            “Not really…but, just a friendly warning…my family tend to be extra caring whenever a guest come over to the house…”

            “Meaning?” Jinyoung frowned.

            “You’ll see…”

After three hours of driving, they arrived at a beach house just outside Sokcho city.

            “We’re home…” Mark said.

            “Nice…” Jinyoung looked around.

            “Let’s go…they must be at the backyard now…we’ll get the luggage later…c’mon.”

They got out of the car and made their way to the backyard. A pool complete with a slide resides and a small gazebo was there too.

            “What’s with the decoration?” Jinyoung said as he saw party string hung around at various spot of the backyard.

            “Oh…I forgot to tell you…it’s my mom’s 55th birthday party tomorrow…”

            “What? Hyung…you should’ve said that earlier…I could’ve brought a present or anything…”

            “It’s ok…you being here is like a present…my mom is a big fan of yours…she saw your movies and dramas…”

A petite woman walked out.

            “Mark…” she said.

            “Mom!” Mark ran and hugged the older woman.

            “I missed you…” she kissed his cheeks.

            “I missed you too…where’s dad?”

            “He’s in there…Ray! Mark is here…” she called. Her eyes met Jinyoung’s. “Oh wow…look…a star at my house…” she smiled and walked towards Jinyoung.

            “Annyeong hasaeyo omonim…” Jinyoung bowed.

            “Nae…omo…you look better in person…” Mark’s mom hugged him. “Come on in…”

Inside…

            “Mark hyung didn’t say anything about birthday…I’m so sorry for coming empty handed…” Jinyoung said glaring at Mark.

            “It’s ok…I’m happy that a star like you coming to my house…it feels like the greatest present I ever had…” she smiled holding Jinyoung’s arm.

            “See? I told you…” Mark said. “Where’s everybody else?”

            “They went out to get some things…” his father said.

Loud honk coming from outside…

            “They’re back I guess…” his mom beamed with smiles.

The heavy sound of footsteps coming closer.

            “Markie pooh!” A young woman came running and leaped on Mark.

            “Tammy!”

            “That’s Mark’s oldest sister…” his mom said to Jinyoung. “And that’s Grace…his other sister.”

Jinyoung watched as the siblings exchanged kisses and hugs. It reminded a lot of his own family…having two older sisters, he realised there’s some similarities between him and Mark.

            “Oh wow…a superstar…” Tammy said walking towards Jinyoung. “Hi…I’m Tammy…”

            “Hi…Jinyoung…” Jinyoung extended his hand for a shake but got a hug instead.

            “I know who you are…big fan…”

            “Thanks…”

            “Now that everybody is here, let’s get inside, have lunch and then we can finish with the decoration for mom’s party tomorrow…” his father said ushering everyone to the dining room.

Evening…

            “I’m sorry that you have to share the room with Mark…mom forgets to tell the contractor to speed up renovating the guess room…” Tammy said as she and Jinyoung were at the back, hanging more party strings at the gazebo.

            “It’s okay…I don’t mind…so, your mom really love her party strings…” Jinyoung chuckled.

            “Yup…kinda weird if you ask me…” Tammy smiled.

Then…

            “Have you been talking about me behind my back sis?” Mark said crossing his arms.

            “Yeah…I’ve been telling Jinyoung here about the time I caught you kissing a boy…” Tammy laughed. “Yup…I caught him locking lips with another guy…”

            “It’s not funny! You were spying on me…that’s a pure violation of privacy…” Mark muttered.

            “You’re kissing the boy by the pool where everyone could see…you didn’t think I was home isn’t it?” she chuckled.

            “I thought you were gone out…jeez…it probably the most embarrassing thing that happened to me back then…and you can’t let it go until now…”

            “It to be you…I know…” Tammy patted his head.

When Tammy left…

            “Your sister looked just like you…” Jinyoung said.

            “I get that a lot by the way…they said that I’m a male version of her…” Mark shook her head.

            “So, who is that boy anyway?” Jinyoung was curious.

            “Who?”

            “The one that Tammy caught you kissing with…”

            “That’s Minhyuk…he’s the same age as I am…”

            “Is he your first boyfriend or something?”

Mark stared at Jinyoung.

            “Well…we dated for a while back then…it ended when he moved away couple of years later…”

            “Was he your first love?”

            “What’s with the questions Park Jinyoung? Are we doing an interview now?”

Jinyoung just stood there in silence.

            “Well…if you want to know…he was…I mean…we’ve been friends before and somehow the feelings developed…”

Mark stared at Jinyoung next to him.

            “What’s got into you huh? Why are you so interested in my love life history?” Mark cocked an eyebrow.

            “I’m just curious that’s all…”

Dinner…

            “So, did Tammy tell you the story when she caught Mark kissing yet?” Mark’s mom said as they were having dinner together.

            “I did…” Tammy squealed. She then high fived with Grace.

            “Can we stop talking about that? I began to regret bringing Jinyoung home…” Mark sighed. He never expect that his family gonna tell Jinyoung that story.

            “Why? It’s like the top 5 moments in our family…even dad agrees…” Grace said followed by nods from their father. “See…”

            “Sorry Jinyoung…this is the last time I’m bringing you home with me…”

            “Why? I love it here…” Jinyoung said with a smile. He really liked Mark’s family.

            “You’re welcomed here…with or without Mark dear…” Mark’s mom held Jinyoung’s arm.

            “I’ll remember that…”

Midnight…

            “Hyung…are you asleep?” Jinyoung said while lying on the bed. He peeked at Mark who’s on the floor bundled in blanket. He wanted to sleep on the floor but Mark insisted that he take the bed just because he was the guest there.

            “I’m not now…”

            “Sorry…”

            “I’m just playing…what is it Jinyoung ah?”

            “Thanks for bringing me here…seeing your family it reminds me so much of my own…”

            “No big deal Jinyoung ah…”

            “It’s better than lazing around at home doing nothing…at least here…I won’t be bored hearing stories from your sisters…”

            “They picked on me whenever they can basically…” Mark rolled to his side. “I guess that’s what sisters do…”

Both of them laughed.

            “Get some sleep Jinyoung ah…we had a long day tomorrow…and I have to say that you might be busy taking pictures with the relatives…”

            “I’m used to that…I could just have a mini fan meeting here instead…”

            “Well…with the amount of relatives coming tomorrow…it could be a fan meeting…”

            “I better get ready then…”

            “Yeah…good night Jinyoung ah…”

            “Good night hyung…”

Jinyoung smiled alone. Mark’s family treated him as if he was part of the family that they’ve known for years. His mom doted him…and Mark’s dad was a lot like his own father. Another day are about to begin and he was excited for it.

 

 

Jinyoung met the family...got this idea when I saw Mark's previous update when the whole GOT7 crew went to his house back in LA...

Next update coming soon...

SPOILERS ALERT...someone came to the party...uninvited...who? Gotta stay tuned for the update...

Happy reading and flood the comment box...

BBYONG!!!!