THE PAST CAME BACK

YOU+ME=US

            “Let’s break up then! Isn’t that what you’ve always wanted?” Jinyoung looked outside the balcony.

            “You too aren’t you? I’m tired of this ok? Your life is in danger if you’re with me!” Mark said.

            “I know how to protect myself…I’ve been doing that for the last 20 plus years…”

            “But...I have enemies and I can’t have you…urghh… I can’t do this Jinyoung ah…” Mark closed the script and tossed it on the coffee table. “It’s too cringing worthy…I can feel my fingers and toes curling…” he laughed.

            “You’re supposed to be helping me memorise the lines and this is not helping at all…”

            “I know, I know…but this is too hard…”

            “Fine…my head is about to bursts anyway…let’s take a break…” Jinyoung plopped on the sofa.

            “You want something to drink?” Mark asked.

            “Hot tea please…”

            “Coming right up…” Mark kissed the top of Jinyoung’s head and went to the kitchen.

Jinyoung was flicking the channel on the TV when his phone rings. He looked at the screen; an unknown number appeared.

            “Hello…” he said, receiving the call.

            “Hey Jinyoung…”

His eyes widened. He knew the owner of the voice.

            “What do you want Junho? I told you not to call me anymore…” Jinyoung looked around and he was relieved when Mark was still in the kitchen.

            “I missed you…”

            “Do you think I will fall for that lame line? Who do you think I am?” Jinyoung scoffed.

            “Look baby…can we meet? I need to talk…”

            “No…” Jinyoung cut off Junho’s words. “There’s no reason for us to see each other and just save that talk for another idiot that fall for you…and stop calling me!” he hung up and throw the phone on the coffee table.

It’s been almost a week that Junho kept calling Jinyoung at unexpected time. He tried to ignore the calls and texts but Junho was persistence.

            “Here…” Mark came and gave a tall mug filled with steaming hot tea to him.

            “Thanks babe…”

            “Who was that?” Mark asked, taking a seat at an empty one seater.

            “Um…no one…” Jinyoung said taking a sip of his tea. “This is nice…you make the best tea ever…”

            “Babe, can I ask you something?” Mark looked at Jinyoung.

            “Sure…”

            “Who was that on the phone? Don’t tell me it was some people calling you by mistake…I saw it has been for a while now…”

Mark knew about the phone calls, how Jinyoung’s uncomfortable face just when he saw the name on the screen. Sometimes he would just ignore the calls, pressing the red button or taking off the battery. Mark didn’t check on Jinyoung’s phone, trying to respect his privacy. But now, he had to ask.

            “It’s not important…” Jinyoung tried to avoid Mark’s gaze.

            “Babe…”

            “Fine…” Jinyoung knew he can’t win with Mark. That older guy always has his way digging up the truth even when Jinyoung didn’t say anything.

            “Who was it?”

            “Junho…” Jinyoung replied shortly.

            “Junho?”

            “Yeah…”

            “What does he want?”

            “He wanted to meet…saying that he needs to talk to me…”

            “Are you going to see him?”

            “Why should I? I have nothing to say and frankly, I don’t want to hear what he has to say to me…”

            “Good to hear that babe…” Mark smiled.

**********************************

Mark and Jinyoung arrived at the studio and the place was bustling with people. It’s a charity photo shoot involving several actors and celebrities, aiming to raise awareness about pet adoption.

            “I’m sorry noona…the filming got delayed for a while…” Jinyoung apologised to the main photographer, Goo Hye Soon.

            “It’s ok…I’m glad you made it…go ahead to the makeup room and we’ll start in 10 minutes…” she said, patting Jinyoung’s arm.

            “Yes noona…”

Mark was standing at the side when someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around and saw Peniel.

            “I thought I saw you…” Peniel said with a smile.

            “Peniel ssi…” Mark hasn’t seen Peniel for a while now and he was surprised to see him here.

            “I guess you’re here with Park Jinyoung?”

            “Yeah…I’m his manager after all…”

            “How you’ve been? I’m sorry for not calling…been busy with work…”

            “I understand…an MC like you are on demand…I could only imagine how your schedules were like…” Mark chuckled.

            “It’s tiring…but it’s my job…I chose this path…”

Jinyoung walked out from the makeup room and saw Mark talking to Peniel.

*What is he doing here?* he wondered. Jinyoung quickly made his way to the pair.

            “I was a last minute addition…it’s for a good cause and I can’t say no to that…” Peniel said. Mark still looked as good as he can remember and deep down he was heartbroken losing Mark to another guy.

            “I guess…Jinyoung ah…” Mark said, as Jinyoung approached closer.

            “Annyeong hasaeyo…” Jinyoung greeted, slightly bowing to Peniel.

            “Nae…annyeong hasaeyo…” Peniel returned the gesture. “Um…I gotta go…I’ll see you later ok?”

When Peniel left…

            “What is he doing here? I don’t see his name in the list…” Jinyoung said as his eyes was on Peniel’s back view.

            “Last minute addition…are you ready?” Mark fixed the sleeves of Jinyoung turtleneck long sleeve black sweater.

            “Yeah…how do I look?”

            “Great as usual…”

Then…

            “Jinyoung ah…” Hye Sun called.

            “Nae noona…duty calls…” Jinyoung winked at Mark.

            “Go kill them with your charm…” Mark smiled.

Jinyoung went to the set and froze.

            “You’ll be paired up Lee Junho…” she said, ushering Jinyoung to the front to face Junho.

            “Hi…I hope we can be great partners together…” Junho stretched his hands for a shake but Jinyoung just paused.

            “Jinyoung ah…you ok?” Hye Sun shook his shoulder.

            “I’m…I’m fine noona…just spaced out a little…” Jinyoung looked at Mark direction and the older guy was equally shocked as him.

            “Now…let’s get you the pets…Joon! Can we have the cats please?” Hye Sun went to the back.

            “Hey babe…you look great…” Junho whispered as he leaned closer.

            “Shut up…I’m here for work and you should too…” Jinyoung shushed, taking a step away from Junho. He would’ve left it wasn’t for the work.

            “I’m so happy that we got paired up…” Junho grinned.

Mark paid extra attention towards Jinyoung throughout the photo shoot. The younger guy would made subtle moves, avoiding Junho’s naughty hands, sneakily made their way at him.

            “Is it just me or Jinyoung looked a little uncomfortable?” Mark turned his head at the comment and saw Peniel.

            “Peniel ssi…”

            “I don’t think it’s because of those cats…” Peniel looked at him. “What’s the deal with that dude?”

            “I dunno…” Mark could see that Jinyoung face scrunched in discomfort when Junho scooted closer or when the photographer told me to sit next to each other.

Jinyoung was close to lose his patience with Junho’s behaviour during the shoot. His eyes went to Mark and he felt relieved when the older one muttered silent words of encouragement at him.

            “And cut! Great job you two…” Hye Sun said, shaking hands with both Junho and Jinyoung.

            “Glad to help noona…” Jinyoung smiled.

            “Yeah…” Junho nodded.

            “So, can I leave now noona? I have another schedule…” Jinyoung said, looking for Mark.

            “Sure…thanks for spending your time for this…”

            “No problem…” Jinyoung hugged Hye Sun.

Mark saw Jinyoung walking towards him.

            “You ok?” Mark asked.

            “Yeah…can we go? I hate seeing that jerk!”

            “Sure…let’s get you change and we’ll get out of here…”

Jinyoung was heading back to his car when he saw Junho leaning against it.

*What the hell is he doing here? Aishh!* he was getting annoyed.

            “Hey babe…” Junho said as Jinyoung got closer.

            “Don’t call me that! It creeps me out!”

            “But you used to love it when I called you that…”

            “That’s before I found out you were ing another girl behind my back…”

            “C’mon babe…are you still mad at me because of that? I was wrong ok? That girl was a mistake…”

            “Whatever…now, could you please move over?”

Jinyoung pushed Junho aside but when he tried to open the door of the passenger seat, Junho grabbed his wrist.

            “Can we go somewhere else and talk please?” Junho said, sounding almost like he was begging.

            “No…there’s nothing to talk about…” Jinyoung looked around and thankfully that the area was isolated and there’s no people crowding.

            “Please babe…”

            “NO!”

            “C’mon…just this once…”

Then…

            “I think it’s better for you to leave now…” Mark said, crossing his arm. He was on his way to the car when he saw Junho and Jinyoung together.

            “It’s none of your concern…” Junho chided.

            “I’m Jinyoung’s manager and when you harassing my artist, which is my concern…” Mark narrowed his eyebrows, tried to contain his anger.

            “You’re just a low life manager…know your place…” Junho spat.

            “Don’t you dare talk to him like that!” Jinyoung pulled his wrist back.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Junho pleaded. “He’s just your manager…”

            “Who also happened to be my boyfriend…” Jinyoung held Mark’s arm.

            “You’re bluffing…”

            “Suit yourself then…don’t look for me or I will get restriction order against you…babe, let’s go…”

In the car…

            “Are you sure it’s ok to tell that guy about us?” Mark asked.

            “He just needs to know that I belong to someone else…besides, there’s nothing he could do about it…” Jinyoung reached for Mark’s hand. “Babe…I’m free for tomorrow right?”

            “Yeah…” Mark nodded.

            “Let’s go out on a date tonight…”

            “Sounds nice…and there’s something I want to show you…”

            “What?” Jinyoung said eagerly.

            “You’ll see…”

It’s midnight and Jinyoung was at the bus stop downtown with Mark. They had their masks and hoodies on for the cover up, trying to be low key as possible.

            “What are we doing here?”

            “I’ll tell you in just a bit…”

The bus came and the pair made their way to the back seat.

            “Can you tell me now? I’m dying of anxiety here…” Jinyoung said as he took a seat near the window.

            “Well…this is the last bus for the night and it will make its last round around the route…I thought maybe we could do this tonight…try to change a little…”

            “Hmm…a bus date? I only see it in the movies…” Jinyoung looked outside the window as the bus moved.

            “What do you think?”

            “Pretty cool I guess…kinda romantic in some ways…”

Mark took Jinyoung’s hands and laced their fingers.

            “Let’s enjoy this for the night ok?” he said, stuffing their hands inside his pocket.

            “You know I would be happy no matter where we go as long as I’m with you…”

            “Is that a line from your movie?”

            “Could be…”

            “Cheesy but I can live with it…”

The two sat quietly at the back, enjoying the night view as the bus moved, picking up and dropping off passengers.

            “That was so much fun…” Jinyoung said as they walked around the neighbourhood, heading back to their place.

            “Maybe we could do it again…” Mark swayed their arms back and forth.

            “Definitely…no one can see us there and the quietness really appealing to me…”

            “Me too…”

For afar, a figure was hiding behind a wall, holding a camera. Directing the camera towards the pair, a few clicks were heard.

 

Sorry for the late update...been stuck again....that damned writers' block decided to pay a visit...TT TT~~~

Anyway...happy reading and flood the comment box below!

BBYONG!!!!