THE OTHER OPTION

YOU+ME=US

Youngjae’s words the other kept replaying inside Mark’s head like a never ending movie. He knows by now that he liked Jinyoung and to know there’s a rule that forbid dating among co-workers at the agency made him worried. The person that he liked is not an ordinary staff; it’s the artist he was in charged for. He was sure that Jaebum would chop his head off if he knew.

To think about quitting is not an option for Mark either. He love working for Jinyoung, he had a great team to work with.

            “Argghhh!” Mark lets out a frustrated shout, startling the people around him in the gym.

He nodded in apologetic manner and head out to the shower room to change. Working out doesn’t help him either this time around.

Mark was alone in the coffee shop trying to concentrate on his job when a guy came to his table.

            “Mark ssi…”

He looked up and saw smiling Peniel.

            “Peniel ssi…”

            “May I?” Peniel gestured at the empty seat in front of Mark.

            “Sure…”

            “Thanks…are you alone?”

            “Well…there’s no one with me…do the math then…” Mark said looking at the guy.

            “Ok…lame pick up line…I agree…” Peniel scratched his un-itchy head. “Sorry…”

At the other side of the town…airport lobby…

            “Do you have to go back this soon? I thought you’re gonna be at Joo noona’s studio opening…” Jinyoung said as he fiddled with the end sleeve of Ilhoon’s coat.

            “My parents need me back in the States…and since everything is 99% done with the studio…I guess I can go now…” Ilhoon smiled. He hated to leave Jinyoung but he had to.

            “So, when are you coming back?”

            “I dunno…maybe when Joo noona need me…but I guess it’s not anytime soon…”

Ilhoon hugged Jinyoung.

            “You’ll be alright Pepi…I know you do…and I hope you have a happy ending with that manager of yours…” Ilhoon pinched Jinyoung’s cheek.

            “I dunno about that though…it’s going nowhere near where I wanted it to be…”

            “Just give it some time…he felt the same way you do…”

            “Hope that’s true…the way I see it…he’s not…”

            “Trust me…he does…”

Then…

            “All passengers on flight CB756 to New York please be at the boarding gate now… all passengers on flight CB756 to New York please be at the boarding gate now…the flight will take off in 20 minutes…”

            “That’s my call…” Ilhoon put on his backpack.

            “Is there anything that I can do to make you stay here?” Jinyoung pouted.

            “Unfortunately no… if you need anything just call me ok?” Ilhoon hugged Jinyoung again. “I’m gonna miss you Pepi…”

            “Me too…”

            “Say hi to Mark hyung…I feel bad going back without seeing him…”

            “He’s out of the house before we woke up and I don’t know where he been to…”

            “Good luck with your love mission…don’t forget to tell me the progress…”

            “If I make any…”

            “Don’t be such a negative person…positive is the start of a beautiful relationship…”

            “Yeah…says doctor love Mr. Jung Ilhoon…”

Jinyoung watched as Ilhoon disappeared behind the glass wall. He felt like one of his anchors left and he was lost in his quest.

*Be positive Jinyoung ah…* he chanted repeatedly, remembering Ilhoon’s words.

*********************************

            “Me? I’m at the agency…had some work to do…dinner? I don’t think I can’t make it on time though…Jinyoung’s schedule kinda tight today…” Mark said over the phone. He was smiling drawing looks from the people around at the office.

Jinyoung walked in and saw Mark was on the phone talking to someone.

            “Looks like someone got struck by cupid’s arrow…” Chaeyeon said, while folding some clothes and place it in a paper bag.

            “Huh?” Jinyoung stared at the girl. “Who?”

            “Mark oppa…I think he caught the love bug…ahhh…I’m jealous…I need a boyfriend…”

            “Don’t we all…” Min patted her shoulder.

Jinyoung stared at Mark. It’s been a few days and he noticed that Mark is quite often on the phone, talking to someone. He got all worked up watching it but he didn’t dare to ask who he was talking to…he was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to accept it.

            “Sure…I gotta go…thanks…” Mark hung up.

After that meeting with Peniel at the café, Mark learned a lot about the guy. He was easy to talk to and funny with occasional lame jokes but who doesn’t have one right? They’ve been talking a lot on the phone since meeting up is quite hard with all the busy schedules and stuff. Mark felt that maybe Peniel is what he need for him to focus and divert his ever growing affection for Jinyoung.

            “Who was that oppa? Your new boyfriend I supposed?” Chaeyeon said, wiggling her eyebrows.

            “No…he’s just a friend…just so you know…” Mark looked at Jinyoung and saw the guy was staring at him with intense gaze in his eyes.

*Is something wrong with him?* Mark wondered.

            “Eunsuh ya…is everything ready?” Mark asked, getting his stuff and shove it in his bag.

            “Yup…” she nodded.

            “Let’s move out…”

            “Another schedule?” Min asked.

            “Yeah…Jinyoung have charity event at Samsung Hospital…let’s go people…see you later noona…”

            “Nae…”

In the van…

            “Hyung…who are you talking to on the phone just now?” Jinyoung finally asked. His curiosity got the best of him and he was prepared to hear whoever Mark might tell.

            “A friend…” Mark answered shortly and got his attention back to his planner.

            “Special friend?”

            “Kinda…”

Jinyoung almost stopped breathing.   

            “Ohhhh…oppa…great for you…” Chaeyeon said, cheering from the back.

Mark glanced at Jinyoung and watched as the guy reclined against his seat looking out the window.

*This is for the best…I can’t jeopardise Jinyoung’s career by getting involved with him…*

That night…

Jinyoung stared at the turned off TV…lots of things flooding his mind and one thing for sure; Mark is definitely the cause of them. He heard footsteps coming closer and he instantly knew the owner of it.

            “You’re watching the TV off now?” Mark said and sat next to him.

He sighed.

            “What’s wrong?” Mark asked a little worried. Jinyoung has been awfully quiet ever since they left the hospital after the charity event.

            “Everything is wrong…”

Jinyoung lay down on the couch with his head on Mark’s lap.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Mark muttered with Jinyoung’s sudden move.

            “Why is it so hard to like someone hyung?” Jinyoung said softly.

Mark gulped.

*Jinyoung liked someone? Who could it be?* Mark felt his chest tightened with mixture of feelings.

The both of them stayed silence for a moment.

******************************

People crowded the backstage as the fellow actors and actresses take their final bow to the audience. The fan meeting for Jinyoung’s new drama was a success and Jinyoung was more than relieved when the event ended.

            “Good job oppa…” Eunsuh fanned Jinyoung as soon as stepped down from the stage.

            “Thanks…”

Jinyoung bowed to the other actors as they passed.

            “Great job hyung…” he said to his senior actor, Jin Mo. The older guy smiled and patted his back.

            “You too Jinyoung ah…” he said.

            “Where’s Mark hyung?” Jinyoung asked.

            “I dunno…he was here a minute ago…” Eunsuh looked around searching for Mark. “Let’s get you changed first…”

They were walking back to the dressing room when Jinyoung’s eyes caught the sight of Mark.

            “Mark hyung…” he called, waving his arm.

But the older guy didn’t seem to hear him. As Mark took a step backward, Jinyoung’s eyes widened.

            “I knew there’s something going on between Mark oppa and that Peniel guy…” Eunsuh said. “Omo…they looked so cute together…”

            “Really? I don’t think so…” Jinyoung stomped to the room, trying to ignore what he just witnessed.

Mark took a last look and saw Peniel winked at him.

            “I’ll see you tonight…” Peniel said and waved at him.

He walked into the dressing room and saw Jinyoung is changing into his regular clothes.

            “Great job today Jinyoung ah…” Mark patted Jinyoung’s shoulder but the younger guy shook him off. “What’s wrong?” he frowned, surprised with the action.

            “Nothing…can we go now? It’s beginning to get stuffy in here…” Jinyoung said, walking out.

In the van…

            “So, the fundraiser will start at 9…so you have plenty of time to rest at home before we go to the hall.” Mark said as they were heading back home.

            “I’m not going…” Jinyoung said, crossing his arm.

            “I’m afraid that is not an option…”

            “Why do I have to be there?”

            “It’s for a good cause and Jaebum think you should go…make an impression…”

            “Tell him to do it instead…” Jinyoung put on his sleeping mask. “Woke me up when we arrived.”

Mark looked at the girls.

            “What happened?” he whispered.

            “I dunno oppa…he was fine a while back…” Chaeyeon said.

Mark stared at Jinyoung.

*Something is off for sure…*

Night…

Mark went into the living room and saw Jinyoung is still clad in his towel, with wet hair to match.

            “What are you doing? We have to leave soon…” Mark said, fixing the cuff of his white dress shirt.

            “I don’t feel like going…” Jinyoung sat on the couch, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV.

            “I’m not in the mood to kid around Jinyoung ah…the event will start in an hour…” Mark looked at his reflection on the mirror.

*Looks good enough…*

            “I’m not kidding…I’m not going to that boring place filled with equally boring people…” Jinyoung rolled his eyes. Just thinking being at the fundraiser made him wanna throw up.

            “Okay Jinyoung…I’m done being mister nice manager here…it’s either you get up and wear the suit that I picked up earlier or I would personally drag your sorry to the room and put the clothes on you myself.” Stern voice with stern look on Mark’s face made Jinyoung flinched a little. He never saw that before.

            “Why is that so important that I go to this event?” Jinyoung stared at Mark. He got up and folded his arms. “Or is it that you have to be there for a certain someone?”

Mark stared back at Jinyoung.

            “Yeah…I know about that little meet you had with Shin Peniel before we left the hall this afternoon…” Jinyoung glared. “Is that why you want to be at the event so bad?”

            “As matter of fact…Peniel and I did decided to meet at the fundraiser tonight…” Mark said calmly.

Jinyoung marched towards Mark and pushed him against the wall. With his hands on either side of Mark, the older guy had nowhere to go.

            “What is so great about him huh? He’s just a freakin MC for a cable station…an ex-idol…” Jinyoung said with his face inches away from Mark.

            “He is but the way I see it…he had something else to offer…” Mark tried his hard not to stutter. Being this close with Jinyoung never occurred to him. He can feel Jinyoung’s minty fresh breath on him.

            “What? Beautiful face with hot body?”

            “He’s not that bad in that department don’t you think?”

With one swift move, Jinyoung pulled off the towel he was wearing, leaving him stark in front of Mark.

            “What…what…what are you doing Jinyoung ah?” Mark had his eyes away from the sight before him.

*WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?*

            “What about me then? Am I not good enough?” the sound of Jinyoung’s voice resonates inside Mark’s ears, giving him a sudden shiver.

Mark used all his might and pushed Jinyoung away.

            “Stop kidding around and wear that goddamned suit…I’ll be waiting at the lobby…if you’re not down in 15 minutes, I’ll just have to drag you there in whatever you had on…got it?”

Mark felt his cheeks blushed furiously as his eyes caught Jinyoung’s body in his birthday suit. The guy had a defined body despite the slender frame and his muscles are enough to make any men or women drool off the floor. Dirty thoughts began flooding his mind and Mark had to mentally slap his head to make them go away.

The car ride was filled with silence. Jinyoung occasionally glanced at Mark who’s driving next to him. He began regretting acting up the way he did in front of Mark back at the apartment. He wished that he could turn back the time but no matter what he did, what had done was done.

            “Let’s just forget whatever happened back in there…” Mark finally said. His eyes never left the road.

            “Hyung…”

            “I dunno what’s got into you for you to act like that…but you should put a stop to it…now…please behave at the fundraiser since there will be a lot of cameras and reporters watching your every moves…”

            “Nae…” Jinyoung mumbled.

Mark swallowed hard. He intended to keep everything professional between him and Jinyoung. There’s too much to risk if he decided to pursue his feelings for the younger guy.

They arrived at the venue and Jaebum was already there.

            “You’re late…” he said, pointing at his wrist watch.

            “Sorry hyung…my fault…” Jinyoung apologise.

            “The event will start shortly…let’s go…”

The three of them walked into the huge ballroom hall. A lot of people already inside and Jinyoung looked around and saw a few familiar faces. He waved and smiled, pretending everything was fine.

He began to relax a little but then Peniel showed up.

            “Annyeong hasaeyo…Im sajangnim…” Peniel bowed to Jaebum.

            “Oh…Peniel ssi…surprised to see you here…” Jaebum and Peniel shook hands.

Peniel glanced and winked at Mark. He then looked at Jinyoung with a smile.

            “Jinyoung ssi…” he said.

            “Hi…” Jinyoung replied and look elsewhere. His mood just makes a 180 degree turn at the sight of this guy. He looked at Mark and the older guy was smiling.

            “Well…will you excuse me…I’ll be right back…” Jinyoung said and walked away.

Jinyoung was halfway across the room when someone grabbed him by the elbow. He stopped, turned and saw Mark.

            “Where are you going?” Mark asked.

            “I’m going to see a friend of mine…”

            “You’re not leaving…Jaebum will be pissed if you do…”

            “I’m not leaving…jeez…give me a break…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung to a corner, far from prying eyes.

            “What the hell is wrong with you?”

            “Nothing…I told you I don’t want to be here but you insisted that I come…or you will drag my off remember?” Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

He’s not in the mood to see Mark getting up close and personal with Peniel in front of him.

            “Now, will you excuse me…I have a friend waiting…go back to that famous MC ex-idol man of yours…”

Jinyoung walked away leaving Mark speechless.

 

Another update for the day...I feel I had to since I'm hearing all kind words from my precious reader...this time no more mistakes like the previous one...a real update with a real chapter...

Happy reading and flood the comment box...

BBYONG!!!