PATH CROSSED

YOU+ME=US

Soft knock on the door distracted Jaebum from his work a little.

            “C’mon in…” he said, flipping the pages of the file in front of him.

            “Sir…” his secretary said and bowed.

            “Yes Youngji…”

            “Sir…I think you should look at this…”

Youngji gave an Ipad to Jaebum. His eyes widened at the headline.

PARK JINYOUNG CAUGHT ON PRIVATE VACATION WITH NEW BEAU

There’s several photos of Jinyoung hugging and kissing an unknown man following the article. It must be taken at the pension he was staying.

            “Our office has been busy with phone calls and some of the reporters were outside the building…” Youngji informed.

            “Don’t let anyone in and just tell them that we’ll inform them as soon we confirm about this…” Jaebum got up and grabbed his coat.

            “Where are you going?” 

            “To see the source of the problem…”

Jinyoung woke up with pounding head. He remembered vaguely what happened the other night at the bar. A guy helped him getting back home and everything went blurry after that. Still dressed in his last night clothes head down to the kitchen, lazily dragging his feet.

            "Good to see you up Jinyoung ah…” the house keeper greeted him.

            “Ajumma…” he sat at the table. “What time is it now?”

            “Almost afternoon…"

            “God…my head is killing me…” Jinyoung laid his head on the table.

            “Had a lot to drink last night I supposed…” the old woman smiled.

            “Yeah…looks like it…”

She put a glass of amber colored water in from him.

            “Here…honey water…it should help ease that headache you have…”

            “Thanks ajumma…”

            “Looks like it’s hangover soup for lunch huh?”

            “Yeah…”

Jinyoung was eating when he heard the front door opened and heavy set of footsteps coming closer.

            “Park Jinyoung!”

It was Jaebum.

            “Hyung…not so loud…my head hurts.” Jinyoung said cringed at the slight pain.

            “What the hell is this? Who is this guy?” Jaebum slammed a tabloid newspaper in front of Jinyoung. “Ajumma, could you leave us alone for a while?”

            “Sure…I’ll be upstairs cleaning the room…” the old woman left.

Jinyoung took the paper and the front page photo caught his attention.

            “Is that me?” he asked in disbelief.

            “No…it’s your long lost twin who miraculously has the same name as you…” Jaebum said sarcastically. “OF COURSE IT’S YOU! WHO ELSE COULD IT BE!”

            “Damn…I look awful…there go my fans…” Jinyoung pushed the paper away and continue eating.

            “Yaa Park Jinyoung!” Jaebum slowly losing his cool. How could Jinyoung act like it was nothing?

            “What do you want me to do hyung? It’s not something new…”

            “Did you know that the agency is upside down because of this new scandal? The advertisers are going crazy with questions…and not to mention your fan club…jeez Jinyoung! How many times must I tell you? These things could ruin your whole career…”

            “Who cares anyway? So be it…maybe it’s time for me to retire from showbiz…”

            “What did you just say? I bust out my to help you to get to where you are right now and you’re just gonna be like that?”

Jinyoung’s appetite died and he just pushed the bowl of soup aside. He looked at Jaebum with blank expression and walked past him to the living room.

            “What is wrong with you?” Jaebum asked. He rarely saw Jinyoung acting this way. The last time he saw him like this when Jinyoung broke up with his boyfriend.

*Did he…* Jaebum wondered.

            “Who is he?” Jaebum asked.

            “Who?”

            “The one that make you looked like someone has just stepped on a bunch of kittens…”

            “No one…” Jinyoung laid down on the sofa with his head on the arm rest.

            “C’mon Pepi…spill it…”

            “Stop calling me Pepi…we’re not 7 anymore…” Jinyoung knew Jaebum would call him that when he really concern about him…ever since they were kids.

            “Pepi…” Jaebum sat at the end of Jinyoung’s feet.

            “Hyung…”

            “I’m gonna call you that if you don’t tell me…Pepi…Pepi..”

            “Fine…” Jinyoung finally gave in. “It’s Junho…”

            “Junho?” Jaebum eyes widened. “As the Lee Junho?”

            “Yeah…he’s been screwing some girl while going out with me…” just let it out in the open Jinyoung thought.

            “He what?” Jaebum’s voice echoed.

            “I saw the text that girl sent and when I ask him, he admit it…”

            “How in the world did you get involved with that guy? I thought I’ve warned you about him…Jinyoung ah…”

            “Well…things happened and we went out…almost a month ago…”

            “And you didn’t bother to tell me about it?” Jaebum stared at him.

            “I knew you’d be freak out like this…don’t worry hyung, it’s already over…you can rest your case now…”

            “And who is this guy they caught you with? Obviously he’s not that piece of trash.”

            “The one night that I decided to get drunk and some stranger decided to be a Good Samaritan and send me home…they caught it on camera…isn’t that great?”

            “So, you don’t know this guy?”

            “No…maybe he worked for the bar or something…I dunno…”

            “But why did you kiss him?”

            “Hyung…you know how I would be when I get drunk right? And besides, I was heartbroken…”

            “Poor guy…netizen are going crazy right now trying to find out his identity…”

            “Probably…” Jinyoung can barely remember the guy’s face except that he had golden blonde hair and it smells nice…citrusy and sweet.

            “I wonder how I’m going to settle this thing…you really did it this time Jinyoung ah…”

            “I know you find a way…you always do…”

            “I need a drink…” Jaebum walked to the kitchen.

The doorbell rings and Jinyoung’s housekeeper went to the front door.

            “Jinyoung ah…there’s someone wants to see you…” she said.

A man appeared from her behind.

            “Um…you left this in my car last night…”

Mark put the black wallet on the coffee table. He was on his way to Yoogyeom’s place when he saw the wallet on the floor of the passenger seat of his car.

            “Thanks…um…about last night…”

            “Hey, don’t worry about it…I won’t tell anyone…”

Mark’s eyes darted to the paper on the table. The picture caught his attention.

            “What the…” he picked up the paper looked carefully at the picture. It was him…and Jinyoung was kissing his lips.

            “I was talking about this…”

Then…

            “Mark? What are you doing here?” Jaebum was surprised to see his friend.

            “Jaebum ah…”

            “Hyung, you know him?” Jinyoung asked.

            “He’s an old friend…hold on…is that you in the picture?”

            “Yup…he's the one...” Jinyoung answered. “Your question about the male lead in the picture is finally answered…”

Jaebum looked at Mark and Jinyoung. A light bulb flicked opened in his head.

            “That’s it…I know how to settle this thing…” he smiled.

            “Hyung…”

            “What do you mean settle? What’s going on here?” Mark was puzzled by the situation.

            “You are now, Jinyoung’s new manager…”

            “WHAT?” Mark and Jinyoung said together, looking at each other.

 

New advanture ahead the two guys...would it be smooth sailing or rough water at the sea?

Stay tuned...

BBYONG!!!!