-002-

Taming Twelve

Soft melodies drifted through the open door at the end of the hall. An elderly lady nudged open the door carrying a tray of tea, the music gaining  volume as she did so. The elder placed the tray down and positioned herself on a chair, her gaze drifting to the young girl plucking away a the strings of a large harp. 

"Beautiful as always Hyuna." The elder smiled and gestured to the chair beside her, "Don't you think you over practice? Maybe you should go to school, hmm?"

"A music protige must never relax for too long Kim Halmoni" Hyuna gave an cute eye smile and sat herself gracefully beside the elder, automatically pouring tea for them both. "Plus, My parents disagree with school." The girl moved her smooth dark hair over her shoulder and then lifted the china tea set, passing it to Kim Halmoni. The Elder chuckled.

"I think they are being silly, a cute, talented girl such as yourself being cooped up with an old woman isn't any way to spend your teen years." The older took a short smell of the jasmine aroma of her cup before placing it to her lips for a sip. "You'll grow up lonely with nobody to share your love with" Hyuna laughed.

"I'm too mature for all the guys my age, Don't you think?" She sent a another smile as crossed one leg over the other.

"That is a shame, My Grandson and his friends are coming to stay for summer. I was hoping you would make friends. My Jongdae has a wonderful voice." Hyuna giggled at her carer's words. The woman was always trying to hint her grandson into their conversations, the  elder had confessed several times that she wished they would end up marrying and Hyuna could becoma a part of her real family. 

"I think it would be best if i avoid them, I will be busy with my music." She took a sip of her tea and tilted her head. "When are they arriving?" 

"Tomorrow, at noon." The elder stood and placed her cup down. "Let your parrot out of it's cage, I'm sure he would love to fly around the room." And with that Hyuna was left to her thoughts. She released the clasp on the birdcage and reached her hand in, he parrot automatically clambered off it's perch onto her hand.

"Hey pretty parrot, how are you?" She looked at her parrot with a great amount of love and stood, carrying her pet over to her harp, she placed him on her shoulder and resumed her practicing.

***

 It was 12:30 by the time the door opened to reveal the 12 males. Their arms loaded with various bags and magazines. 

"Halmoni? We are here!" Jongdae called as he motioned to the others to dump their stuff on the floor. "Halmoni?" He shrugged at the silence responding to him. He kicked off his shoes, the others following suit. A note in the kitchen read:

Chen Chen, 

Gone out to meet the new neighbours. Make yourselves at home. And tell jongin to get his feet off my tables!

"wow she's good" he grinned as he spotted said male putting his feet up. The others joining them both all chatting happily.

"Wait! Quiet!" Minseok hissed. His 11 friends obeying without question. "I hear a violin" 

"Maybe Halmoni has music playing?" Jongdae shrugged it off and opened the fridge for some water. There was more shuffling until the familiar song screeched out a wrong note. Their heads snapped up to the door. Then they heard footsteps, and a parrot flew into the room, landing next to Jongdae. 

"Is this a parrot?" Chanyeol reached over and offered his hand to the bird, who happily stepped onto the hand. 

"He doesn't usually go to anyone..." the soft voice took the attention off the parrot and the males gazes turned back to the door. They blinked several times before looking at each other. 

"And you are?" Kris raised a brow, the girl opened to answer but, someone beat her to it.

"Kim Hyuna.  She is a child musical genius, has several compositions wins under her belt. Since the age of 4 she has been performing." Lay glanced to his friends. "We just studied her in class." He shrugged. 

"And did they teach you why she is in my Grandmothers house?" Jongdae rolled his eyes.

"Kim Halmoni is my carer." The girl let out a soft whistle and the parrot flew from Chanyeol over to her automatically. "And this is crackers, my parrot. He keeps me company." Hyuna let her eyes roam over the 12 males then she walked to open a cupboard.  Pulling out a small blue box, she poured birdseed onto her palm and held it to the bird. 

"You're bleeding." Jongdae muttered. He pointed to the girls finger and was surprised by Hyuna's responding smile.

"It's okay. It's my punishment.  I didn't take care of my violin and the string snapped." The girl  winced as a male grabbed her finger and dragged her to the sink. 

"It will get infected. Plus you are dripping blood everywhere." She glanced up and he smiled. "I'm Joonmyeon.  I am a friend of Jongdae. Hyuna blinked and stepped back away from him.

"I am home!" Jongdae's grandmother opened the door and stepped through. She greeted Hyuna with a pat on the head and a kiss to the forehead. "I see you were socialising! " Hyuna giggled at the hopeful look in the elders eyes.

"I came down to feed crackers." There was a low whistle and the bird flew from Hyuna back to Chanyeol. The tall males eyes alight with amusement as the bird clambered off his hand onto his shoulder. 

"Looks like he made friends with Chanyeol!  The elder woman gave a tinkling laugh before scowling. "Why is there blood?!" Hyuna held up her finger in a reserved silent manner.  "Would you like me to ask for a new string?" Hyuna smiled gratefully and bowed her head. She left the room and the boys turned to look at Jongdae's grandmother. "Isn't she pretty?" The woman beamed at the teen males.

"Halmoni when we're you going to tell me there was a girl here?" Jongdae sent a scowl to his family member who just waved him off. "I am taking the guys to our rooms." The woman nodded and allowed them passed. It was a while later when one of the males exited their room and leant against the wall. Humming to the piano music floating out of the room at the end of the hall. This summer would be interesting.....

****************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: hope you liked this chapter. Who do you think was listening outside the door? Until next time!