-003-

Taming Twelve

"Crackers?" Hyuna called out to her parrot softly as she tip-toed through the hallways. "Where are you?!" She didn't want to wake the males in the room next to her and winced at a replying squawk. "Aish!" The teen girl headed towards the kitchen, internally scolding herself for forgetting about her pet. She paused at the door as she heard voices.

 

"Yo, chanyeol what is your obsession with that parrot?" Beakhyun shook his head and reached out towards the bird, pulling his hand back as the bird snapped his beak at the pretty fingers. "He won't leave me alone..." chanyeol muttered and took the bird of his shoulder. "He followed me into my room earlier and just perched on the lamp." The taller male let out a soft chuckle as the parrot pecked at his hair.

 

"Did anyone hear that girl playing the piano earlier?" This time it was a voice she didn't know. Her eyes widened, "she is very talented." Hyuna blushed at the comment.

 

"Tao, she is famous for it. I am sure if she was bad at what she does, she wouldn't be here." This time it was the guy who held helped her with her finger, joonmyeon.

 

"I know I was just stating fact" The guy now known as Tao crossed his arms. "She is pretty cute too." CRASH! The twelve heads turned to the door. Hyuna stood, red from bushing and her eyes wide.

 

"Ah, Hyuna-ssi! Did we disturb you?" Yixing stood and bowed to the girl, he flashed her a dimple smile and offered her his seat.

 

"Not at all... I was looking for crackers.." Hyuna motioned to her parrot with a small bow. "I apologise. I am not very good with people, I left without thought earlier..." she whistled but the bird stayed still. Hyuna blinked her lids over her eyes in confusion.

 

"Surely you have to deal with people in school?" A male with his feet on the table raised a brow. Jongin removed his feet from the table, a sure sign he was gaining interest.

 

"I have never been to school." Came the soft reply. "I have always been home schooled and living with friends of my parents." Hyuna's attention drew to chanyeol as he stood and took the bird off his own shoulder. The room went silent as he approached her. He raised the bird and watched as it spread it wings for balance. As he lowered his hand the bird hopped off his hand onto the girls head.

 

"Take your time to get to know us. Everyone should experience a bit of teen life." He grinned and reached out to pet her head. The girl jerked back from his touch and he raised a brow in amusement.

 

"Shouldn't you be practicing?" Jongdae's voice filled the room, a smirk playing his upturned lips. Hyuna tilted her head, it was one thing to be told that by others but, some guy who until that day had almost been a complete stranger... she felt anger build but she pushed it aside.

 

"At 3 am? Isn't that a bit too late?" She gave a small bow again. "I shall leave now." And with that she her heel and left.

 

"Well, she is certainly a character." Luhan snickered at jongdae's appalled face, he hated being spoken back to. "She is much different to all those girls back home."

 

"I call dibs!" Minseok grinned,  "I am oldest!" He scowled as the others complained.  Only jongdae and jongin remained silent.

 

"Let's make a bet..." jongin placed his feet on the table once more and smirked at his friends. "We came here to go through change right? Why don't we all play at the same time?"

 

"Like a competition?" The Chinese leader grinned at his friend, who nodded in response.

 

"Let's see who can play the best." Jongin put his hand out,  eleven others gathering on top of his.

 

"Exo. Let's play!" Joonmyeon confirmed. The guys lifted their hands up in unison, smiles on their faces. 

 

"I am heading to bed. I have to help my grandmother make breakfast." Jongdae stood and left the others, he walked passed his room and leant against the wall, his head rested back against the wall. "Come on Chen. You can do this." He turned the door handle slowly and snuck into the room full of instruments. "Whoa, no kidding on the music genius thing..." he trailed off as a soft murmur filled the air. His head whipped round to the sight of Hyuna sleeping peacefully under a quilt. He approached carefully and picked up a photo beside her bed. "Wait...is that...me...?"

 

 

"And that is..." he squinted closing the gap between his face and the cool glass of the frame. "Hyuna?" He pulled his head back and looked from the photo to the sleeping girl. "We were...friends?" He placed the picture down and crouched next to her. He brushed her hair back, startled at his heart missing a beat. He held his breath and moves his hand away. "Hmm... that was weird." He shrugged and stood, sneaking back out, he went to his room and lay on his bed.  "For some reason I have the urge to win this competition...."

 

**********************************************************************************************************************

Hope you liked! I am sorry for any mistakes, I don't have a laptop so I have to type everything on my phone! Please leave me a comment and let me know! ♡