-012-

Taming Twelve

The drive back was quiet, the group had worn themselves out and only Yixing and Junmyeon remained awake, Yixing tightened his grip on the steering wheel. Glancing into the mirror he made eyecontact with his slightly elder friend. "I wonder what Jongdae did that triggered Nana to react like that. She's never burst out like that before." The chinese male frowned before turning his eyes to the road once more.

"That isn't true. She flipped her lid at camp remember?" Junmyeon turned to look at the sleeping female. "She's  always been protective of herself. It's her nature, just like it's mine to protect all of you."

"Is that why you let her rant it out?" Yixing pulled the car over and shook Kyungsoo awake. "Soo, it's your turn to drive." the younger korean mumbled before rubbing his eyes and nodding.

"Not really, I had nothing to say to it." Junmyeon waited for the two to switch places and for the car to continue moving before continuing, Yixing now leaning over the back of his seat to talk. "She's right, We haven't been fair to any of those girls back home. That isn't what she brought us together to be. I woud be mad too, she spent so long with us at camp that she was the only girl we coud see, but she cant see that we are like this because in our eyes, the only girl any of us would settle for is her."

"I feel awful." Kyungsoo muttered from his seat. "We promised to keep in touch with her and we never did. She wouldn't be so anti-social now if we had done that." He glaced over his shoulder once and then continued to concentrate on the road. 

"Agreed," Yixing nodded, "But she also gave up on us."  He pouted before suddenly laughing, the two korean's widened their eyes in total confusion. "She doesn't socialize.... we became too social!" Slowly, the other two joined in the laughter.

"Noisy!" Hyuna grumbled nd she stirred in her sleep. The girls head falling onto Tao's shoulder as she drifted back off, the guys chuckled quietly again and contiued talking about the old times. Unkowing to them, Hyuna was seeing the past for herself once more.

"Nana! Slow down!" Little Lay ran after the girl, he panted as he tried to keep up. He leant over his knees and then huffed as he straightened himself back out. The girl was no longer in his eyeline, the little boy whimpered and crouched hugging his knees."You cant leave us alone!" he pouted. Usually saying such a thing would automatically gain a response from the younger girl.

"Lay-GeGe, do you really think she would leave?" A small korean blinked over his cat like eyes as he appeared beside the chinese male. 

"Baekkie, she just did." Lay whined and pointed in lots of random directions. "We can't protect her if she keeps running off!" 

"But we are just kids, it's not our job to protect her." Baekkie narrowed his eyes, "Hey! I can see you!"  Nana slipped out from her hiding place, having heard everything the boys had said. She tilted her head at the two a cheeky smiled on her features.

"I wont leave my boys ever! You are all so dear to me." Nana opened her arms as the two boys scrambled up and ran towards her. "I'll become famous and i will take care of all of us. We can live together and eat sweets all day!"

"That's bad for you!" Another boy appeared beside them, dragging the rest of their large group. Nana rolled her eyes at being scolded.

"Oppa, i know we call you Suho because you're our guardian but..." She grimaced, "You're not our parents. Therefore i can eat as many sweets as i want!" the girl stuck her tongue out before making a run for it once more. "OUCH!" The girl tripped and fell down onto her knees. The boys all rushed over, chorusing questions of he girls well-bieng. She simply whimpered and let her tears fall.

"You're bleeding!" Lay pouted. Pulling out some baby wipes from his pocket, the boy knelt down and wiped her knee - occasionally blowing air to stop the sting - he then leant forward and kissed the wound. "There! Unicorn has healed you!" 

"Group HUG!" Baekkie grinned and pulled all the males around the girl squishing her as they fell into laughter. The small 'thankyou lay-gege' lost inthe loudness of the boys. But the unicorn still heard it and he knew she meant it.

Hyuna shot awake her hand automatically going to her knee. The three males who were awake simply turned and looked at her before Kyungsoo made eye contact with her.

"We just stopped for a toilet break. Do you need to go?" He mumbled, his eyes darting away. Hyuna nodded, she could do with the air.

"I will take her." Yixing opened his door and then made his way to her car door. "Come on, it's dark and you might hurt yourslef if you go alone." Hyuna nodded her head meekly, her outburst from earlier starting to make her feel guilty. She climbed over luhans lap and grinned to herself when she saw him sleeping with a pink pillow.  Then she cambered through the door quietly and folded her hands.

"Which way do we go?" Yixing pointed and waited for the girl to start walking, before following behind her using his phone as a flashlight. The pathway dipped suddenly and Hyuna 's foot twisted sending her forwards. Two hands found their way around her waist, her heart pounded - but wether it was just because she almost fell, she was uncertain.

"Are you okay?" Yixing loosened his hold and pouted. "This wouldn't have happened if you had stayed in the range of my phone light."

"I thought you were mad at me..." Hyuna bit her lip, the light from yixing's phone faintly reaching her face so he could see it perfectly. His heart squeezed with pain.

"Not really, I am more....hurt." Yixing took the girls arm and pulled it round his shoulder. "Come on I will carry you. You might have injured your ankle with the way it twisted, plus then we both have the light." He smiled crookedly one adorable dimple appearing. 

Hyuna simply blinked at him.

 

 

 

Back in the car, Jongdae had woken up to take over driving to see 4 empty seats, he panicked and shook Baekhyun awake, who swatted him several times, eyes wide.

"Baek! People are missing! Wake up damn it!" He received a light bark in response, to which he threw his hands up into the air melodromatically.

"Unless it's Hyuna I don't care. The other can take care of themselves." Baekhyun rolled over and glanced where the girl had been sat. "!" 

"Everyone get up! Nana is missing!" Baekhyun hollered as he whacked random members to wake them up. The car filled with groans at the sudden awakening before the boys looked at each other and scrambled in attempts to beat the others out of the car. 

"Oof!"

"Get your hand off my face!"

"Did someone just-"

"Eurgh! I felt that!"

"You guys are so gross! No wonder Hyuna doesn't want any of us!"

 

"Now, now, I don't think she mentioned hating us." Junmyeon scowled as he came from the bushes kyungsoo and yixing in tow.

"But she is missing!" Luhan squealed as he fell from the bottom of the group. The others tumbling on top of him. 

"Um..." a small head peeked over kyungsoo's shoulder. "I only went for some air..." Hyuna blushed and hid herself again. Afraid of their anger, she squeezed her eyes shut and bit her lip.  The males groaned once more and then began hitting Jongdae.

"Ouch! Alright! I am sorry!"

"Come on. Hyuna you can sleep in my lap on the way home." Kyungsoo squeezed his arms around her legs and smiled. "Just rest. Okay?"

"Uh..." Hyuna was about to refuse when kyungsoo took her hesitation for agreement. She blushed and nodded, even after her warning... this plan was not working at all. She bit her lip and as she closed her eyes and pretended to sleep, she began to think everything over again.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! I am soooo sorry I made you all wait this long! Its not much of an excuse, but I hope you will accept my newly hectic life. I recently gave birth to my second daughter and though the pregnancy I lost hope to continue half of my stories, I felt unfair to update here and not anywhere else. But! Fear not I have other stories almost finished with new chapters too! 

Again please accept my sincere apology and I hope you enjoy it. 

Sarangaheyo!

Oh! One more thing... who do I do next?! ^^ and did you spot the new substory?! Let me know