Chapter IX

Rooftops

The next morning Minseok laid in bed with Junmyeon beside him. Junmyeon had refused to leave since last night even after Kris insisted they leave Minseok alone.

 

"You know you might get sick too." Minseok sighed.

 

"I don't care but really I deserve it. I let my best friend go to work sick, collapse on the street at night, and then get kidnapped by his evil ex-boyfriend." Junmyeon to his back.

 

"He's not evil...he's hurting. Just like me." Minseok said quietly.

 

"You believe that?"

 

"I do."

 

"Are you going to forgive him?" Junmyeon asked.

 

"Maybe but I won't forget. It's not easy to let go of him but it's also not easy to let go of what he did." Minseok frowned and curled into himself.

 

"I understand. Do you want us to tell your sisters?"

 

"No!" Minseok sat up. "Don't tell them."

 

"Ok, we won't mention this. Lay down." Junmyeon pulled back down into bed.

 

"My sisters will find any reason to rip someone to shreds if they don't like them. My sisters are scary." Minseok shivered.

 

"They are. Get some rest and we'll go pick them up tomorrow." Junmyeon sighed and two huddled closer under the sheets.

 

 

 

 

The rest of the day was cold and Minseok wasn’t keen on getting out of bed. He had the day off and staying in bed was an option but when the doorbell rang he had no choice but to answer. He got out of bed and shuffled through the apartment. Everyone had gone to work for the day. Even Kyungsoo who Minseok never seemed to see go to work and now that he thinks of it he didn’t even know what Kyungsoo did in the first place.

 

“Who is it?” He called as he wobbled to the door.

 

“It’s me, Coffee Prince.” The voice called through the door.

 

“Changmin.” Minseok smiled. He opened the door only to get tackled by the older man.

 

“Whoa, good see you too.” Minseok laughed.

 

“Never scare me like that again.” Changmin said in Minseok’s ear and he could hear the older man was really shaken. Changmin was always so strong and now there was something very weak in his voice.

 

“I didn’t mean to scare you.” Minseok sighed.

 

“I know but I was. There’s one thing I know.” Changmin pulled away. “I don’t wanna lose you, Minseok.”

 

The words shook Minseok to the core maybe it was the fever or maybe it was the bitter open wounds of yesterday’s events but Minseok felt something deeper in that moment. Something he had never felt from Changmin before.

 

“You’re not going to lose me. You can’t get rid of me yet.” Minseok smiled trying to shake off the feeling from before.

 

“Who would ever wanna get rid of you, coffee prince.” Changmin laughed. The two went over and sat on the couch.

 

“So, I’m sure you want to know what happened.” Minseok sighed.

 

“Kyungsoo already called to tell me. You know you should tell people when you’re sick. Than we wouldn’t have gotten into such a mess.” Changmin frowned.

 

“I know but I really wasn’t in the mood to be pestered over it. These past couple of weeks have been disastrous.”

 

“Cause he came back.” Changmin said bitingly. Minseok only went silent because without a doubt every problem Minseok has faced in these past couple weeks were Luhan’s fault but Minseok couldn’t say it out loud. He wouldn’t.

 

“Luhan needs time to fix himself.” Minseok said, it was the only thing he could think of.

 

“Fix himself? What does that mean?” Changmin looked at the younger confused.

 

“It means Luhan’s been driven crazy by his own desperation. He wanted to keep me in that mansion. He wanted us to be what he had always imagined. He’s delusional.” Minseok stood up and approached the window, not looking at Changmin.

 

“I could have told you that. We all know he’s crazy.” Changmin stood up in his spot.

 

“Yeah, but I don’t blame him.” Minseok turned to look Changmin in the eyes.

 

“What?”

 

“I don’t blame him because I’m crazy too, Changmin. I’m delusional and lost and I want someone to love me. I want Luhan to love me. The Luhan I had three years ago.”

 

“No, that’s not same. You are not crazy, Minseok.” Changmin walked right up to Minseok.

 

“But I am and I can feel  it eating away at me. I feel crazier and crazier by the day. I don’t know what I want anymore because everything I say or do I just regret later. And I keep doing that over and over again praying for a better result. Do you know what that’s called?” Minseok smiled bitterly.

 

“What?” Changmin frowned.

 

“Insanity.” Minseok whispered. He then walked away again to the kitchen. Changmin was still for a minute and then followed, standing on the the other side of the breakfast bar.

 

“There’s nothing insane about wanting love, Minseok.”

 

“Everything about love is insane. Love is insanity.” Minseok said evenly and went back to the milk in the fridge.

 

 

 

 

The screech of metal on metal and clanking of tools filled the garage. Kris stood outside the office looking at orders on a clip board. He frowned because it was getting busy and with only him, Tao, and Sehun the work was hard to get done. Winter was a bad season, people were always getting into accidents.

 

“Hey, is Minseok alright?” Sehun asked, walking over while cleaning the grease off his hands.

 

“Yeah, he’s fine. In bed at home at the moment. But emotionally I think he’s pretty drained.” Kris sighed.

 

“I just don’t get it. Why can’t Luhan just give up?” Sehun pouted.

 

“You and I know both know that ‘give up’ is not in Luhan’s vocabulary. That guy would kill for what he wants.” Kris put the clipboard down on the table next to him.

 

“I know and that’s what scares me. What if hurts Minseok? Then what?”

 

“Then I beat the living out of him that’s what.” Kris growled.

 

“Yeah, not if Minseok’s sisters don’t get to him first.” Sehun chuckled.

 

“That won’t be happening. Got a gag order on that from Junmyeon this morning. Minseok doesn’t want a word of this to his sisters when they come. Junmyeon said that if we’re his friends we’ll respect that.” Kris shrugged.

 

“Do you listen to everything Junmyeon tells you to do.” Sehun scoffed. Kris glared and the boy and then smirked.

 

“Big talk coming from the kid who does everything his mother tells him to do.” Sehun blushed hard.

 

“Shut up!” He shouted and then stomped away. Kris laughed as he saw the younger boy go back to work but his joy was interrupted by the phone ringing in the office. He went in and picked in up.

 

“Wu Auto body, how can I help you?” He asked.

 

“Hey dude, it’s me.” A deep voice came from the other side.

 

“Chanyeol, it’s been a long time.” Kris smiled.

 

“I know, thing have been crazy here in Boston but I’ve got some good news.”

 

“What kind of good news.” Kris sat down at his desk.

 

“Well, it starts with me and Baekhyun coming back to New york.”

 

“That’s amazing!” Kris laughed.

 

“Wait it gets better. We’re getting married Kris. Me and Baekhyun are coming back to New york to get married.” Chanyeol practically shouted.

 

“Are ing me?” Kris stood up from the chair.

 

“No way, I’m getting married. We’ll be back done in two weeks. Make sure to tell everyone ok.”

 

“Of course, this amazing news. We’ll be ready for you guys.” Kris smiled.

 

Ok, I wish I could talk longer but I’ve got to go.”

 

“Ok bye.” kris said and then heard the dial tone. He put the phone back on the hanger and went out to the garage. “Guys I have great news.” Tao and Sehun looked up from their work.

 

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol are getting married.” Kris announced and the two younger boys started cheering.

 

 

“What do you have to say for yourself.” Victoria stood looking at the broken man sitting in the chair looking out at the water through the window.

 

“Who am I?” He whispered.

 

“You’re Xiao Luhan, genius entrepreneur, and the upper east side’s new it boy.” Victoria walked around looking at the magazine covers of Luhan framed in the bookcase.

 

“But that’s not the Luhan Minseok loves.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“He loves just Luhan. Not the entrepreneur, not the upper east side it boy.” Luhan growled. Victoria didn’t say a word. “He doesn’t love the Luhan on the cover of Forbes magazine or the Luhan who hosts extravagant parties.” Luhan stood up and Victoria stepped back. “He doesn’t love this thing I keep seeing in the mirror.” Luhan screamed and pointed to the broken mirror on the floor, glass shards scatter everywhere.

 

“That’s who you are now so maybe you should give up on Minseok.” Victoria suggested.

 

“Absolutely not!” Luhan shouted and stomped his foot. “Minseok is the best I will ever get and I refuse to to settle for any less.”

 

“Luhan this is insanity.” Victoria hissed.

 

“Well, get used to it because love is insanity.” Luhan stormed out of the room.

 

 

 

Author's Note
Back again! And with the next chapter of Rooftops. Things will be picking up a little more in the next chapter. Also Baekyeol have been introduced. Well sorta but they're coming in pretty soon. Other members of Exo who have yet to show up will also be making appearances soon. So please continue to read, subsrcibe, and comment. I love to here what you ahve to say! So now for some awesome news! My new story Divination is now up with the first chapter. So if you're a fan of Fantasy and Xiuris then please check out this -> Link