Chapter VII

Rooftops

The winter sun was shining through the light linen curtains covering the large windows of the master bedroom. Minseok laid in the bed still sleeping when Luhan came in.

 

"Good morning!" Luhan said cheerfully. He sat down on the bed and pet Minseok's head. The door opened and a maid stood there wide eyed.

 

"I'm sorry sir I didn't know you were in here." The maid bowed.

 

"It's fine. Is that a glass of water? Bring it over." Luhan waved.

 

"Of course." She entered the room and put the glass down. "His fever hasn't broken so he won't wake up for awhile but he shouldn't get any worse." The maid informed.

 

"Good, thank you. You can go and eat breakfast." Luhan dismissed her and she promptly left. Luhan looked down and Minseok and saw the boy stir.

 

"Where..." Minseok coughed.

 

"It's me, love. It's Luhan."

 

Minseok was silent again and squinted at Luhan. It was obvious he wasn't all there. The fever was making it hard for Minseok to think straight.

 

"Luhan? Is it really you? I missed you." Minseok smiled. The words struck Luhan even though he knew they were from a fever induced haze. But maybe there was some truth to them.

 

"I know, I missed you too." Luhan smiled back.

 

"Then why did you leave me?" Minseok pouted.

 

"Because I had a promise to keep. I had to make a better life for us. I know I hurt you." Luhan frowned.

 

"It's ok cause you still love me, right?" Minseok smiled. Luhan touched Minseok's cheek.

 

"Of course I do. I love you more than anything." Luhan insisted.

 

"Then we'll be ok. More than ok cause we're the best couple ever!" Minseok giggled. Luhan saw the Minseok he knew in this fever fogged young man. He remembered giggly, sweet Minseok who loved and trusted Luhan without a doubt. But really it was Luhan's fault that that Minseok was gone now. Or maybe it wasn't maybe other people had caused this. Maybe Minseok's freinds were to blame.

 

"We are." He whispered.

 

"Don't look so sad. We're together again now." Minseok said, his eyes drooping.

 

"I wish we were." Luhan frowned as he watched Minseok fall back to sleep.

 

 

 

 

The apartment was eerie and quiet as everybody wandered around trying to avoid what they knew had to be said.

 

"We have to find him but how do we even find Luhan." Junmyeon groaned.

 

"I told you! A rich wacko, that's what Luhan is." Kris grumbled.

 

Jongin was silent and busied himself with work that didn't need to be done. Kyungsoo looked around at his distressed friends.

 

"Guys please pull yourselves together. We aren't going to find Minseok mopping around." Kyungsoo snapped.

 

"Soo is right." Jongin put the dishes down and sat with Kyungsoo at the table.

 

"Yeah, this won't help especially with the time constraint." Junmyeon nodded.

 

"Time constraint?" Kris looked at his boyfriend in panic.

 

"Minseok's sisters are going to be here at the beginning of next week. What we going to tell them? Minseok's ex-boyfriend that they hate has gone crazy and kidnapped him under our watch. Not only would they murder Luhan they would also murder us." Junmyeon said incredulously.

 

"Get up everyone! We have a best friend to save!" Kyungsoo up and went straight for the door.

 

"Soo wait! Bring your coat and hat! You'll get a cold." Jongin said picking up the thing and running out the door after his boyfriend.

 

"Let's go." Junmyeon grabbed Kris's hand and they also left.

 

 

 

 

The next couple hours passed and Minseok didn't wake up. Luhan finished his work in the study and went back to the bedroom. He opened the door and was struck by the cold. He looked to the large windows and saw it was open with Minseok hanging out of it.

 

"Minseok!" He shouted. Minseok turned around with tears in his eyes.

 

"Oh my god, Luhan it's you." Minseok gasped and hugged Luhan when he came over. "I thought I had been kidnapped. I thought I was dead." Minseok sunk to the ground and Luhan went down with him.

 

"No, you're fine. I went to meet you but I saw you collapse. What were you doing working while you were sick?" Luhan asked. Minseok was silent for a second.

 

"What were you doing sitting outside waiting for me like a creep!" Minseok looked up.

 

"That is not important. You have to take care of yourself." Luhan brought them up.

 

"What's important is the fact you took me without my permission and now my friends have no idea where I am." Minseok broke away and walked toward the bed.

 

"I did it because I was worried."

 

"Worried? Says the guy who lied to me. How worried could you be." Minseok scoffed while he sat down on the bed.

 

"Very!" Luhan shouted and  that scared Minseok. Luhan noticed and he went over and kneeled down in front of Minseok. "You collapsed right in front of me. I had no idea if I had just lost you or what was even wrong. I know you're mad but don't doubt the fact I care. Please don't doubt that I love you."

 

“But what about that girl-”

 

“She did it to hurt me.” Luhan blurted out

 

“To hurt you?” Minseok looked confused.

 

“I rejected her pretty bad last year in front of other people at a party. She never forgave me so as revenge she made up a lie that we were together in front of you. You didn’t deserve to get hurt like that because of my past mistakes. I should have stopped her or-”

 

“It’s ok.” Luhan went completely silent when he heard it. Was Minseok really telling him it was ok?

 

“Really?” He asked cautiously.

 

“Yes because how could you have known she would be there or that she was still holding a grudge.” Minseok looked away.

 

“Thank you, Minseok.” Luhan rested his head down on Minseok’s knees.

 

“Don’t bow your head like that. I’m not royalty or anything.” Minseok frowned and lifted Luhan’s head.

 

“But you are Minseok, to me you are.” Luhan smiled.

 

“You’re too much.” Minseok laughed and pushed Luhan’s face away.

 

“How about we eat breakfast.” luhan stood up.

 

“What about my friends. They need to know I’m ok.” Minseok frowned.

 

“I’ll tell them but you need to rest. You’re still sick and your fever is only now just going down.” Luhan  took Minseok’s hand. “So just eat something for now.”

 

“Ok.” Minseok nodded and let Luhan lead him out.

 

Minseok knew he must be crazy but he felt relieved. Even after being practically kidnapped by his ex-boyfriend he was somehow happy. Luhan hadn’t lied to him and Luhan cared enough to take care of him when he was sick. Minseok was elated by the idea that maybe he didn’t have to be hurt anymore. The hope he had before that night in the restaurant was restored. There was a sparkling light in the murky sky he thought was empty this entire time. He thought he would always be alone but maybe he wasn’t anymore.

 

The dining room was pretty and the food was set out already. It was all hot and waiting for them. Luhan sat MInseok down first and then Luhan sat down after. Silence fell over them as they ate. The phone rang and Luhan got up.

 

“I have to take that.” Luhan said and went into the next room. Minseok didn’t mean to listen to his conversation but he did.

 

“Victoria what are you calling about?” A pause followed and Luhan listened to the woman.

 

“No, I won’t be coming back in” quiet. “hopefully for awhile. Minseok is sick and I have him here the hampton house. We-” He was cut off and the person on the other line spoke so loudly Minseok could hear the buzz of their voice.

 

“Would just let me talk? We made up, Victoria. I explained to him what happened and he forgave me for it.” He was cut off again.

 

“What do you mean I should be careful….Kidnapping? I never kidnapped anyone!” Luhan defended.

 

Minseok had to admit this was borderline kidnapping but at least it was Luhan and not some creep.

 

“You act like Minseok would never want to be with me. On the contrary I know this is where Minseok wants to be.”

 

Really Minseok wanted to be home but he could settle for this.

 

“What’s so wrong about keeping him here!?”

 

Wait...Minseok froze. Keep him here? Luhan wanted to do what? Luhan had said till he got better and he would call his friends. Luhan was being so sweet and understanding.

 

“How many times do I need to reapeat to you that Minseok is mine. If everything goes right he won’t leave anytime soon. It’s what’s best for him. It's what's best for us”

 

“Oh my god.” Minseok whispered, those words striking a chord in Minseok’s memory.

 

How could he forget Luhan's possessiveness . But that was when they were younger and it was always sweet and never taken too far. Sometimes even just teasing but this was different. This was scary and real. Could Luhan have gone crazy? The phone conversation ended and Minseok watched as Luhan re-entered the room with a smile.

 

“I’m sorry about that. It was just a work call.” Luhan explained.

 

Work call my , Minseok thought to himself as he looked down at the food in front of him. Maybe staying wasn’t such a good idea and maybe forgiving Luhan was wrong. Minseok couldn't see the same man from three years ago sitting across the table. Luhan really was becoming Minseok’s worst nightmare.

 

 

 

 

After the train ride into the city, Kyungsoo lead the other boys up to a luxurious skyscraper in lower manhatten. They went inside and right up to the desk.

 

"I want to see Luhan Xiao, now." Kyungsoo demanded.

 

"Sir, you can't come see the CEO whenever you like. You need an appointment." The secratary frowned.

 

"Oh he has an appointment with me. An appointment with my fist." Kyungsoo growled. Junmyeon dragged him away and Kris stepped forward.

 

"We just need to see him. It's very important, please." Kris leaned on the desk. The secratary glared and picked up the phone. She made a quick call.

 

"There are some young men down here demanding to see Mr.Xiao....Yes, you should come down." She hung up the phone. "Someone is coming down to talk to you. "They all waited for a minute or two until the elavator across the lobby dinged and opened. Victoria stepped out.

 

"Can I help you?" She walked over.

 

"We're Minseok's friends and we want to see Luhan, now." Kyungsoo got out of Junmyeon's hold. Victoria gasped.

 

"You guys know Minseok?" She rushed over.

 

"Yes!" Joning nodded his head.

 

"Thank god you guys are here. I know where Minseok is and I need you to go get him right away." victoria frowned.

 

"Why?" Junmyeon asked "Where is he?"

 

"Apparently he got sick yesterday and collapsed on the way home. Luhan picked him up and took him to his house in the hamptons. Luhan's been a little crazy lately. He's not taking the rejection well." Victoria explained.

 

"Can you give us an address?' Kris asked.

 

"Yes, I can. I hope your friend gets himself out of there soon but for now we should still help him." Victoria went to the desk and wrote down the address. 

 

"Thank you." Kris took the paper from her.

 

"Anything to help." She watched as the group left and she hoped that they would get their friend. Luhan wasn't dangerous but this wasn't good for him or Minseok. Luhan needed a break to think things through or a fist to the face which knocked him out of this delusion faster.

 

 

 

Auther's Note 
Chapter 7 is up! This is a quick update before my testing starts tomorrow and I won't have time to update for awhile. This one took me awhile cause I was deliberating on whether this was the way I really wanted to go. But I have decided it is! So I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading.