Chapter VI

Rooftops

It was the middle of the week and the snow was still falling. It piled up the streets only to be plowed to the side. Minseok and Junmyeon were returning from the store with groceries in their hands.

 

"How are your parents in D.C.?" Minseok asked.

 

"They are settling down just fine. My dad likes his new job down there." Junmyeon seemed positive and it caused Minseok to smile.

 

"It nice to have you back. I'm excited for when everyone comes back." Minseok's smile got brighter. Junmyeon was sure this was the happiest he had seen Minseok since he got back so he knew this was exactly what they should be talking about.

 

"Yeah, Christmas is around the corner! It'll be nice to see everyone. Even your sisters are coming."

 

"They are!" Minseok said but then his smile disappeared. "What if they find out about Luhan?" He frowned. That was a problem Junmyeon had not foreseen.

 

"I'm sure they wouldn't do anything too crazy if you told them." Junmyeon shrugged.

 

"That's wishful thinking. We're talking about my sisters. The ones that actually planned to hire a hitman. My sisters are crazy." Minseok started to panic.

 

"Don't worry I'm sure they've calmed down over the years." Junmyeon reassured. Minseok was not very convinced.

 

 

 

 

The next morning Minseok woke up and was hit by how dizzy he felt. Minseok knew this meant he was getting sick but he really didn't want to be fussed over anymore than he already was. He got up out of bed and slowly made his way to the dresser. Today was going to be a long day.

 

"Minseok, breakfast is ready." Junmyeon called.

 

"I'm going to eat at the cafe. I have some work I need to do early." Minseok said as he exited his room.

 

"Are you sure." Junmyeon stepped out to see him at the end of the small hall.

 

"Yup." Minseok smiled to cover up the feeling of death washing over him. He quickly walked past Junmyeon threw on a coat and hat and got out the door.

 

"What was that about?" Kyungsoo asked from the kitchen.

 

"I'm not sure." Junmyeon frowned.

 

Minseok got out onto the street and was shaky on his feet. How did he get sick so fast? The worst part was he had to work till closing tonight. And his fever was rising by the minute.

 

 

 

 

"Sir how long are we going to sit outside this place?" The driver asked Luhan sitting in the backseat.

 

"As long as it takes for me to get him alone." Luhan said staring intently at the store across the street.

 

"Ms. Victoria wouldn't-"

 

"I don't care. If she doesn't want to help me then fine but I'm not giving up." Luhan said it with a finality that quieted his driver. Luhan watched as customers came in and out. Then he saw Kris and his friends coming down the street for lunch but there was another person.

 

"Junmyeon is here?"

 

"Who is that, sir?"

 

"Another old friend of mine but really he's Minseok's friend probably his best friend. Kyungsoo must have called him." The last words came out as a complaint.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"It'll be harder to get past him. Minseok trusts him completely." Luhan sighed. The driver stayed silent after that.

 

Luhan continued to wait through the day. After the lunch rush passed and the commuters coming home left with their late night coffee. The sky got dark and the street lamps but still no Minseok.

 

"He must closing." Luhan frowned. He watched a minute longer and saw Minseok come to the door dressed in his winter clothes. He came out and locked the door behind him.

 

"Drive." Luhan whispered to the driver. Slowly they crawled along behind the young man and something seemed off. Luhan could tell something was wrong with Minseok. The way he hung his head and dragged his feet. Minseok was sick but how bad and for how long. Luhan's worries were answered when Minseok suddenly collapsed.

 

"Pull over!" Luhan screamed. The car stopped and he flew out of the car and over to the sidewalk. He crouched down next to Minseok and his felt head.

 

"God, you're burning up! Why did you go to work? Why did you stay and close?" Luhan badgered but he knew he wouldn't be getting an answer. He scooped Minseok up in his arms and brought him back to the car. He settled Minseok in and sat down.

 

"Take me to the Hamptons house." Luhan instructed.

 

"Are you sure? That's a long ride." The driver frowned into his mirror.

 

"Yes, I'm sure." Luhan said before turning back to Minseok's unconscious body.

 

 

 

 

Minseok remembers leaving the cafe late that night and locking the door. It had been a hard day. Pretending there was nothing wrong and pushing through a fever and his aching body. That pain has doubled now as he sets out for the walk home. He partly wished home was farther so he could take the bus home. It would be a hassle on most days but today it would have been nice. The cold was suffocating, dropping quickly after the sun went down. Winter was in full swing and Minseok could feel it in his bones, literally. He dragged his feet through the slush on the sidewalk. He could barely see over the top of his coat and through the wiping snow. Slowly his sight got more and more blurry. Till suddenly it was black and he could feel himself hit the ground.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo put the food out for dinner and stopped noticing the empty space in the room.

 

"Where is Minseok?" Kyungsoo turned to Jongin.

 

"He should be home by now. He closed today." Jongin turned to face the man in the kitchen.

 

"What's wrong?" Junmyeon asked as he entered the room.

 

"Minseok didn't come home." Kyungsoo said quietly.

 

"What!" Junmyeon shouted a little too loudly.

 

"He might just be at Changmin's again." Kris offered.

 

"Call him." Junmyeon leaned over the counter. Kyungsoo picked up the phone and dialed.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Changmin it's me Kyungsoo. Is Minseok there?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"No, he's not. Did he say he would be coming here?"

 

"No, it's just that he's not home and we don't know where he is." Kyungsoo frowned and shook his head so his friends knew the answer.

 

"Oh god what if he got hurt in this weather. Are you guys gonna look for him?" Kyungsoo turned to his friends.

 

"Changmin asked if anyone is going out to look?"

 

"I will." Junmyeon started to put his coat on.

 

"I'll go with you." Kris got up.

 

"Junmyeon and Kris are." Kyungsoo got back on the phone.

 

"I'll go with them."

 

Changmin hung up and Kyungsoo put down the phone.

 

"Changmin is gonna help."

 

"Ok." Junmyeon and Kris left out the door. Kyungsoo went to sit down with Jongin.

 

"I hope they find him." Kyungsoo took Jongin's hand.

 

"Me too."

 

 

 

 

A long drive ended with Luhan tucking Minseok into a large bed in the master bedroom of his mansion in the hamptons. He pulled the blanket up and sat there staring at the sleeping boy.

 

"Look at what you've done." Luhan whispered. "Are you trying to kill yourself, love."

 

"Sir, you room is ready." A maid cautiously opened the door. Luhan glared at her.

 

"Fine, leave." And she did. Luhan sighed and looked back at Minseok.

 

"You're safe now. You'll be mad when you wake up but you'll forgive me. I know you will. You have to." Luhan smiled and ran his fingers through his hair. Luhan got up and left the room. He turned to the maid waiting outside.

 

"Take care of him. Make sure his fever goes down."

 

"Of course." She nodded and went into the room. Luhan walked away smiled to himself. He had Minseok in his house, under his roof. Suddenly everything felt right. The world was in balance and Minseok was where he always belonged.

 

 

 

 

The boys had all went back to the apartment. It was late, past midnight.

 

"No where! How could he just disappear." Changmin sat down on the couch.

 

"What could have happened." Kyungsoo felt like he was going to cry. Kris sat up in his seat as something dawned on him.

 

"Remember when Luhan came into the cafe the other day?" Kris turned to Jongin.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Do you remember what Luhan said." Jongin thought for a second.

 

"You don't actually think..." Jongin started to frown.

 

"Luhan is such a crazy bastard! I'm going to kill him." Kris shout and jumped out of the chair.

 

"What did he say?" Junmyeon asked trying to bring his boyfriend back to the chair.

 

"He said Minseok was his and he wouldn't give up. That he would be back." Jongin explained.

 

"Oh my god." Kyungsoo gasped.

 

"What do we do?" Junmyeon looked down at the food getting cold on the table.

 

 
 
Author's Note
Quick update! I've taken to writing in my free time during school so I'm able to update a little quicker. I also write short chapters so that helps. So some interesting developments this chapter. This one is pretty short but that's becuase i suspect th enxt one will be pretty long, longer than the others so far. So I hope you guys are liking the story so far and I also hope you like this chapter. I love hearing what you guys have to say! Please comment and subscribe!