Prologue Part VIII: Kang Daesung

I Didn't Want You, But I Needed You
Today was just like any other day. 
 
The bus was crowded, with mostly students as usual. A majority of them occupied that back seats, claiming that those seats were the fun ones. He didn't really think the same as them though. 
 
He, on the opposite side of the spectrum, sat in very first and most up front seat. He wasn't loud or disruptive. He didn't eat on the bus or walk around while it was moving. So in short, he was the ideal student. 
 
Well, could you still be the idea student of you never attending any classes? 
 
His question went unanswered and was shoved to the back of his crammed mind when an obnoxious voice interrupted him. He wasn't really all that popular, but occasionally someone acknowledged his existence. 
 
"Daesung, you sing something!" 
 
"Come on Daesung! Sing." 
 
Soon following that, the others started chanting: "Kang Daesung! Kang Daesung! Kang Daesung!" And the shouting only got louder and louder.
 
A rush of fear crashed over him. Daesung's heart started beating ten thousand miles per hour and his couldn't catch his breath no matter how hard he tried. He felt his face beginning to grow hotter and hotter as each pair of eyes on the bus turned to be placed on him. 
 
"No! I'm not going to sing! Not ever again. Leave me alone!" At that same moment, the bus door flew open and Daesung rushed off towards the large building ahead. 
 
 

It was just an accident, nothing too serious and that he'd be discharged soon. They said his voice would be fine after surgery. They told him that while he was in the hospital, they found abnormal masses on his vocal chords, but not to worry. 

 
 
That was a month and a half ago, and yet he still had failed to attend the support group and physical therapy sessions to help regain his once powerful pipes. But he knew the likelihood of full recovery for his condition.