Prologue Part VII: Dong Youngbae

I Didn't Want You, But I Needed You

Rain poured steadily in buckets onto the the earth, not letting up in the slightest. The sky was almost black as night despite the clock only reading eleven thirty in the morning. 

 
Most, well actually all, of the people had ran for cover the minute they noticed the heavy clouds which hung so low to the ground you could almost touch them. He, on the other hand, purposely came out to the open courtyard, threw his shirt off, and laid down. Laying down in the rain gave him a certain type of unexplainable tranquility. The shirt off was just because he enjoyed being shirtless.
 
 
He picked up his phone and for the twentieth time scrolled threw the messages from his mother urging him to come to the hospital to see his father. 
 
He'd go, eventually. Just not right now.
 
And for now though? For now he'd jus sit on the grass, enjoy the peace and quiet, and think about how much the son of a deserved what he was getting. 
 
 
He noticed a bright red umbrella coming in his direction, yet still he neglected to make any effort to move from his current position on the wet grass. Just from the umbrella, he could tell who it was and it looked like she was struggling to simply walk across the grass to met him.
 
"Ay Chaerin," He smirked at her and continued, "what's your problem? Choi Seung-hyun you a little too hard?" His voice was dripping with roguish while sporting a devilish smile. 
 
"Dong Youngbae! Just because we're neighbors doesn't mean you can talk to me like that." Rolling her highly made up eyes, the girl turned to walk, not finding what she wanted here. 
 
"I know I'm right. Tell him to go easy, or others will hear." Quickly rising to catch her, Youngbae stopped her and whispered in her ear seductively, "You wouldn't want others finding out now, would you? Sure, other students might not care, but what about you're parents? They'll have you shipped off to the farthest away place so quickly, you won't know what hit you. So now Lee Chaerin, bring me a mocha latte with milk."