Prologue Part IV: Lee Chaerin

I Didn't Want You, But I Needed You

Darkness. 

 
 
That's all her freshly opened eyes could see, that's all she's ever be able to see. 
 
 
It was just another nightmare, as always. By this point, they no longer scarred her. She no longer woke up in a cold sweat like she did for the first couple of months after what had happened. 
 
 
Sitting up in the bed, she was careful not to wake the peaceful person that occupied the other side. Ever so slowly, she opened one of the drawers to the nightstand and began to search with the slightest sense of urgency. Finally finding it, the girl pulled out a white box, and out of the box she pulled out a cigarette. Grasping the lighter, she stood, threw on an over-sized t-shirt and some then headed out. 
 
Walking down the final staircase, she pushed open the fire escape door and stepped into the crisp midnight air. The moon shone brilliantly down on the empty streets only occupied by the girl and her shadow. It oddly cold for a Seoul night, causing her to remember her old days in the warm Busan sun. Back in the days were happiness filled her mind and people actually missed her when she left the room. 
 
But now, in a city of icy veins, you'd be hard pressed to find even one person that cared about her. She glanced up at the one, blinking streetlight above her and began to wonder. 
 
Is it possible to miss someone you've never met? 
 
Is that a real thing? A possible action? 
 
 
That, Lee Chaerin honestly didn't have an answer too. For the first time, Chaerin didn't know what the answer was. The feeling didn't really annoy her, it just generally felt like there was something, no, someone missing from her life. A missing piece. It wasn't a longing or a wanting. It was simply a feeling that she couldn't ignore nor extinguish. And now, the know-it-all stood in the deserted streets trying to piece together the puzzle that was her emotions. 
 
All her life she knew how things worked, when in reality, Chaerin couldn't even figure out what she felt. 
 
So now she really had no room to talk in this ed up world.