Prologue Part VI: Choi Seung-hyun

I Didn't Want You, But I Needed You

He couldn't remember how long he'd gone without saying anything, frankly, he hadn't counted nor had he cared. He really didn't care about anything, honestly. Maybe three days? Maybe a week? 

 
 
"Tall Iced Cappuccino with two shots of espresso for Choi Seung-hyun." That barista had been eyeing him ever since he went up to the counter to order, and it was annoying him. Nodding his head, he just took his cup and retreated back to his almost hidden table. 
 
Coffee wasn't really even him, and he despised the taste, but it was the only thing that kept him awake during the days. Seung-hyun really only began to consume it when she left. And that was when he started hanging around here. Being a people person was not one of his traits, but honestly he was scared what he would do to himself if he wasn't constantly surrounded by others. See, Seung-hyun didn't really have much to live for nowadays. 
 
Pulling his attention away from the morbid thoughts clouding his mind, Seung-hyun noticed a number, a phone number, written on his cup. He only guessed it was put on there by that desperate barista, who still wouldn't take her heavily made up eyes off him. Ruffling his hair while sighing, he took his bag and walked toward the exit. Stopping the garbage, and making sure that girl was watching, Seung-hyun dropped his practically full coffee into the trash. Her face suddenly dropped, but lit when he walked back over the empty counter she was leaning against. 
 
"I don't date innocent, ugly girls." He wasn't sure if she heard, but then again why did he even care. The statement was in fact true, considering the last girl he ed was the most badass, feared girl on the whole school's campus. Well, dating and friends (not even really friends) with benefits aren't really the same thing, but he hadn't dated anyone before. 
 
 
                    •          •          •          •          •
 
"You know," Yawned the blonde boy, "you're going to have to go home sometime. Not that my fosters care, but I think your dad might." 
 
It was sunny that day, almost hot. It was Ji Yong's idea to skip Advanced Statistics and come up to the rooftop. Ji Yong was convinced that he got some chick to do their notes for them. 
 
"My dad wouldn't even recognize me if he were sober, much less drunk. As along as I know that Hae Yoon is fine, I'm fine. I can't believe she opted to stay with him." Seung-hyun didn't take the bottle when offered, and he really never drank because of the whole father with liver cancer thing. "Who did you say was doing our notes? I can't afford to fail the next test that's coming up." 
 
"You know that scary blonde who wears the thick eyeliner, Lee Chaerin? I got her to do them. I think that class is too easy for her, but they won't allow her to move up." 
 
"Lee Chaerin, Lee Chaerin." Repeating it, Seung-hyun yanked his phone out of his pocket to send a message. 
 
"I know it's hard to believe, but I think I'm in love with her." Seung-hyun, despite being expressionless 99.99% of the time, widened his eyes and swallowed. "She's so, I can't even describe her she's so perfect."
 
"Well, good luck with that. I don't think you're her type. She's a genius who is quiet and stays out of the way. But you, you make it habit to give everyone hell wheneveryou have the chance. She likes quiet guys, people she can relate to." Just as he finished, he clicked send. 
 
To: Lee Chaerin
 
From: Choi Seung-hyun 
 
Message: Up to today? Some barista tried to get with me and Ji Yong won't stop ing.
 
He waited a few moments, forgetting that Ji Yong was still going on and on about who knows what, and then his phone lit back up.
 
To: Choi Seung-hyun
 
From: Lee Chaerin
 
Message: Hell yes. I was waiting for you to ask. But be smart, I heard some underclassmen was knocked up by a guy in my grade.