Break Up Text

I Didn't Want You, But I Needed You

When you don't talk, make a scene, or even portray normal human actions for extended periods of time, you begin to almost be invincible emotion of others. First gradually (you start not caring of someone is crying or looking down), but soon you come to the point where someone is screaming there lungs out at you and physically you're there, but mentally you're dead. 

 
 
"Seung-hyun! Listen to me!" He had purposely avoided her all week, never responding to any of her texts or answering her calls. Funny how easy it is to avoid someone who you honestly know nothing about. Anytime he'd hear her calling, Seung-hyun would pretend it was nothing more than a incoherent whisper in the wind or a jumble of words being washed away with the rain. "Say something Seung-hyun! I'm not doing this alone! Seung-hyun?!" Yet, he remained unmoved completely. The girl standing in front of him, hot, anger filled tears rolling down her cheeks, stood and wiped everything off table. Several glass objects are onto the floor. 
 
Choi Seung-hyun clutched his bag, rose from his seat in the empty cafe (Seung-hyun had gotten a key to it from the owner, his cousin, and studied there after hours), kicked aside a few items of debris out of his way, and just left. She screamed her lungs out, fell to the ground, and just cried. Those loud cries filled the room, yet Seung-hyun yawned and fished the key out of his bag. 
 
"Chaerin, I'm going to need to ask you leave so I can lock it up." Voice filled with apathy, the same as his eyes. 
 
 
                  *          *          *          *
 
6 weeks prior -
 
 
"I'm asking Chaerin out today. I have to. I'm good crazy!" Ji Yong yelled atop the brick building, one of his best friends sitting a few feet away from him. 
 
"Kwon Ji Yong, I'm telling you she's not your type." Seung-hyun looked up from the large book only to shake his head at him. 
 
"What do you know? You've never talked to her." That statement: about 95% true. Truly, Seung-hyun only talked to Lee Chaerin when he wanted to sleep with her. As far as he knew, Lee Chaerin's communication to him had the same meaning. "She is so much more. Chaerin is intelligent, likes the colors gold, black and read, and gets really annoyed when the teacher goes off track."
 
"Hey, how do you know all that? Do you stalk her or something?!" 
 
Ji Yong flashed that yummy smile in response, "No, I observe her. And tonight I'm taking her out." Turning towards the bag next to Seung-hyun, Ji Yong opened and pulled out red roses. "Okay, I'll be back Hyun." 
 
Flipping another page, Seung-hyun clicked his phone and waited. It'd only take a Chaerin a few moments to reject him. She'd never leave Seung-hyun, impossible. 
 
 
To: Choi Seung-hyun 
 
From: Lee Chaerin 
 
Message: We didn't really even have anything, but I don't want to see you anymore. So I guess it's over.
 
 
 
- Choi Seung-hyun