579

T Minus...

A/N: Based on a tweet from Junsu, where he said he's "feeding a private soldier". The picture is from the tweet. Copyright Kim Junsu (obviously). Borrowed, not stolen. ;-)

Kim Junsu Twitter: Feeding a private soldierI keep telling him to lay off the frequent colour changes or his hair will crunch like cereal and what does he say? His hair's got two years of total rest coming up, so it's fine. I suppose he's right.

Seeing him is better, even though I can feel the pounds piling on from the spread we shared. It's an all-or-nothing mix like in the old days: duck, kimchee jjigae, fried chicken, pizza… the works. Make a note to run a few extra miles every day next week.

He's looking great. Sounds a bit hoarse, and it reminds me that he often has that tiny raspy edge to his voice while he prepares for musicals. Wonder why that is, before we laugh about the funky version of X Song on the repackage album.

Yoochun is scheduled to enlist at the end of August and we speculate what they'll cram into his schedule between now and then. Junsu doesn't have a date yet. He goes quiet as he talks about it, as apprehensive as I was at the beginning of the year.

My turn to reassure him. I talk about the soccer league to cheer him up, about writing songs and performing and having so much time to himself he won't know what to do with it all.

He looks sceptical, but what can he say when I'm right there in front of him: at leisure, lounging around, getting fat. No hair, no makeup and as fashionable as squid.

It cracks him up, of course. It always does. And we imagine the three of us sending the coordis into horrified silence when they try to fit us into costume for our first comeback stage after enlistment. It will be epic - and I'll be the one with decent hair for once, while they'll probably make Junsu wear a hat.