What Makes You Happy

Do I Deserve to be Saved?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin sits in Chen’s strong embrace enjoying the savory tastes of the breakfast the other feeds him.

“I made a little surprise for you today” D.O.’s voice says over the conversations of all the other wolves. While leaning against Chen’s chest Xiumin admires the love that Kai and D.O. always show for each other.

“What did you make me” Kai asks and if Xiumin had to guess he would say that the other was probably jittery with excitement.

“I made you a couple too Kai, but I made these with Xiumin in mind” D.O. says with a small chuckle. “Put your hand out palm up Xiumin” D.O. instructs.

“Me” Xiumin asks in both confusion and embarrassment. He has the urge to shrink into himself because he knows that everyone else’s gaze is on him, but feels Chen drawing soothing circles on his lower back and tries to stay strong.  “Thank you” Xiumin says when he feels something warm being placed in the palm of his hand.

“Me, me I want one too” Kai says causing everyone to chuckle.

“Alright here you go you little stinker” D.O. says with only love in his voice.

“Can I try one” Lay’s timid voice asks.

“Wait” Sehun says causing a hush to fall over the group and the muscles in Xiumin’s back to tense up. “Kai don’t take a bite yet” Sehun orders.

“Sehun what are you doing” Xiumin hears Tao ask softly.

“Shh love don’t worry” Sehun assures. “Xiumin” he then  says next and Xiumin can feel everyone’s’ gaze on him again this time though he shrinks back further into Chen, feeling as if he had done something wrong to be called out in a such a way. I didn’t eat any of it yet, he reminds his troubled mind as he feels the small treat D.O. had placed in the palm of his still extended hand still resting in the exact position as before.

“Sehun” Chen’s familiar voice says in a warning tone.

“Xiumin D.O. made the treat for you his feelings will be hurt if you don’t try it” Sehun says ignoring Chen.

“I’m sorry D.O.” Xiumin says regretfully, but still not moving the treat up to his mouth. He knew everyone had to be staring at him, but he couldn’t move to eat the treat. You never take a bite of something that an alpha or beta gives you unless he instructs you to eat it, he might change his mind and want it later, an instructors voice lectured in his mind.

“Tell him to eat it D.O.” Sehun’s bland voice says over the voice in his hand.

“What, why would I do that Sehun” D.O. asks in a tone that Xiumin can identify as shocked.

“Maybe his isn’t eating it because he’s allergic to it” Chanyeol says.

“Xiumin you don’t have to eat it” D.O. assures and Xiumin can feel the tears start to well in his eyes.

“Tell him to eat it D.O.” Sehun demands again.

“Stop it Sehun” D.O. scolds. “Xiumin you don’t have to eat it, here give it to me” D.O. says. The smell of the treat in the palm of his hand alone makes Xiumin want to close his hand and keep the sweat treat for himself, however he can’t go against the lessons engraved in his mind, so he hands the treat over as instructed. Before everyone else can see he turns around in Chen’s embrace and buries his head into the other’s shoulder and allows the tears to fall from his eyes.

“Why the tears my love” Chen asks softly as he rubs his hands along Xiumin’s arm.

“An omega shall not eat something given to them by an alpha unless instructed to incase the alpha changes his mind and wants the item back” Sehun instructs the rule word for word causing Xiumin to shudder in Chen’s arms.

“What” Xiumin can hear Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Luhan’s distinct voice ask at exactly the same time accompanied with some gasps.

“Xiumin I have something for you and I want you to take at least one bite” D.O. says a second later.

“Take a bite Minnie” he hears Chen say as the delicious smell from before fills his nose. Xiumin opens his mouth and is rewarded with an explosion of flavors on his tongue.

“Do you like it” Kai asks eagerly.

“Yes” Xiumin answers shyly. “Thank you D.O.” he adds liking his lips and then laying his head back atop Chen’s shoulder still too embarrassed to face the others.

“Do you want another bite” Chen asks rubbing soothing circles into Xiumin’s lower back.

“Can I” Xiumin asks softly.

“Of course, as many as you want” Chen says and Xiumin can only sense sincerity in the other’s tone. He feels Chen’s hand open up his and place the treat inside of it. “I’ll even get you a second one if you want” Chen says before Xiumin feels a kiss land atop his temple.

“I know you’re from the same pack and all, but does anyone else find it odd that Sehun knows so much about the omega rules” Kris’s deep voice interrupts the slightly uncomfortable silence that had fallen over the earlier lively breakfast.

“Laws not rules” Sehun’s voice says and Xiumin is shocked to hear bitterness lacing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter