Meant to be

Do I Deserve to be Saved?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin listened to the steady rhythm of Chen’s breathing as he slowly came awake. He stretched his legs and his arms enjoying the feeling of his muscles stretching but not aching for the first time in a long time. He cuddled closer to Chen’s warmth and listened to the other’s steady heartbeat. A boost of courage caused him to gently reach his hand out and inch closer and closer to the warmth. His fingers finally came in contact with Chen’s hand and for an unknown amount of time Xiumin ran his finger over the others and memorized the feeling of Chen’s hand against his own.

Xiumin felt a pang of hunger in his stomach, but chose to ignore it not wanting to wake the other from his slumber. A loud growl filled the hut and he was embarrassed once he realized it had come from his own stomach.

“Are you hungry my love” Chen’s voice asked. Xiumin noticed that the other’s voice lacked the thick coating of sleep that a normal voice would hold when first woken.

“No” Xiumin denies although his stomach growls a second time right after the words leave his mouth. Chen chuckles a little.

“We will come back and lay down right after we get some food in your stomach.” Chen said reassuringly.

“Can’t we just eat here” Xiumin asked shyly, a sudden fear of having to go out and eat with Chen’s pack filling him up. What if I embarrass Chen in front of his pack mate, Xiumin worries. You’ll just prove to me your worthless self if you go out there, an inner voice taunts.

“I want to show you off to everyone” Chen says before Xiumin feels the plush of Chen’s lips upon his temple. “Plus, after we eat we are both going to go rinse off in the lake and then I will take you to my hut, you are all better now so you should get used to where we will be living” Chen says and Xiumin feels a second kiss on his temple.

“Why would you want to show me off” Xiumin asks, his mind not fully able to comprehend all that Chen has said, “I’m just an Omega” he whispers.

“You’re not just any Omega” Chen says and Xiumin feels gentle fingers lift his chin up, “you’re my Omega” Chen whispers until a kiss is planted on both of his cheeks.

“Your Omega” Xiumin whispers in confirmation as he lifts his hand up slowly to lay atop Chen’s. Xiumin feels a kiss on the top of his hand before his stomach rumbles again and Chen laughs softly.

“We will work on getting you to walk again later, today let me carry you because I don’t think that tummy of yours can wait any longer” Chen said before Xiumin felt the warmth beside him move. “Lift up your arms love” he whispers. Xiumin complies to Chen’s instructions and feels the ground disappear beneath him as he is heaved up into Chen’s arms.

“I won’t be able to feed myself” Xiumin says once he has nuzzled his face into the curve of Chen’s neck.

“I don’t mind feeding you, it’ll take some time but I’m sure you will be able to do it for yourself again soon, until then I don’t mind spoiling you.” Chen said and Xiumin felt a kiss on his head. “At least you have an excuse unlike Kai who always wants D.O. to spoil him” Chen says with a small laugh.

“Does that bother you” Xiumin asks feeling his nerves rising as he inhales a deep breath of fresh air and feels some weak rays of sunlight hit his back.

“Honestly it used to bug me, I felt like they were rubbing the fact that they had a mate while I didn’t right in my face, but now I can’t really blame them for being so cuddly all the time” Chen said and Xiumin feels a second kiss land on his head.

“Hey Chen, I was just coming to check if you two were coming to join us for dinner and it seems that you are, this is so exciting” Xiumin heard who he thought was Tao speak.

“Hey Tao, will you do me a favor and go back to medical hut and grab a couple blankets so Xiumin doesn’t get cold during dinner” Chen asked.

“Sure, but then I get to sit next to you guys at dinner” Tao said before Xiumin heard footsteps race away.

“Why does he want to sit next to us” Xiumin asked aloud. Xiumin felt a small breeze a shivered slightly, thankful that Chen had asked Tao to go grab blankets because it was a lot colder out here then it was back in the hut, even wrapped up in Chen’s arms like he was.

“Well you are their new brother so they are all excited to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter