I'm Sorry

Do I Deserve to be Saved?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin felt a pain in his stomach that pulled him from his light sleep. He let out a small whimper as he brought his hands down to his tummy to try and soothe away the pain. Not again, he pleaded recognizing the feeling of having to throw up.

“What’s wrong Min” Chen’s sleep filled voice asked. Xiumin felt a hand on his head, “still warm” he heard Chen mutter to himself. Xiumin quickly his side, although his stomach was already empty he still felt the familiar feeling of his stomach squeezing and trying to remove all its contents. Tears slowly made their way down Xiumin’s face as he gagged and gasped for breath in between attempts to spill his guts. Xiumin felt a warm hand on his back rubbing circles and was relieved as he heard Chen’s voice, “don’t cry, you’ll be fine” he whispered as he rubbed Xiumin’s back.

Xiumin lay back down on his back feeling totally exhausted and ashamed. “S..S..sorry” he gasped out as he attempted to bare his stomach to the alpha beside him.

“No, no, don’t apologize mate. I’m sorry because you’re so sick and I can’t seem to help” Chen said running his fingers through Xiumin’s hair. “I’m going to step outside and grab some water and rags to clean up the little mess you made and see if D.O. or someone can make some broth that will help your tummy” Chen said. As he moved away Xiumin felt the warmth beside him faltering and he let out a pitiful whine. “I’ll be right back” he whispered, Xiumin felt a plush warmth on his forehead for a split second and then heard the curtain rustle as Chen walked away.

Soon after Chen left the small hut the room became silent. Xiumin found himself all alone in the silence and the darkness and the thought terrified him. For some reason the faces of all the laughing alphas from his old pack suddenly sprung forth in his mind. He could see them all laughing, laughing at him and his foolish thoughts that someone would actually care about him and love him as an individual, as an omega. You’re not worth anyone else’s time, a cruel voice whispers inside Xiumin’s mind.

Tears spring from Xiumin’s eyes and he bring his hands up to his ears trying to silence the voices in his mind. “Chen’s different” he whimpers as he tries to stagger away from the alphas that are slowly morphing in front of him. I don’t see anyone here with you now Xiumin, a deep voice taunts, you’re here all alone. After being with you for just a couple days the whole pack that you just met realized you aren’t worth it, you’re a worthless omega and nobody cares about you, a booming alpha voice growls inside his mind. The blankets around Xiumin’s feet cause him to stumble back to the ground he lets out a scream as he lands on one of the deeper cuts on his side.

You’re life isn’t worth anything to anyone, a red eyed alpha says in front of Xiumin in a demeaning voice. Your old pack left you to die, a voice says before it lets out an evil cackle. All you are is a burden, a worthless omega who can’t benefit anyone, a new alpha says. Xiumin whimpers and tries to make himself as small as possible as more and more alphas emerge in front of his eyes. “Don’t hurt me please, I’m sorry, I’m sorry” Xiumin whimpered.

The laughing alphas slowly morph into giant bears with angry eyes Xiumin feels so very small as all he can feel is terror as the bears circle him and in any direction he looks it is all he can see. He shakes as the terror takes route in his heart he can feel the rattle of his bones as his entire body seizes. If you weren’t such a lousy omega runt then maybe someone would actually care about you, but you aren’t and alas deserve nothing, the alpha, the alpha that he had convinced himself was supposed to be his alpha, said with an evil grin as he smirked down at Xiumin and then Xiumin noticed the flick of the alpha’s head as he motioned for the army of bears to march forward. As each bear took a swipe at him Xiumin let out a loud scream, but it was nothing compared to the evil laughter of the alpha as he took joy in Xiumin’s pain.

“Xiumin” a slightly familiar voice screams before he feels arms around him. The warmth slowly quiets the evil laughter and dulls the pain.

After some time a pathetic voice breaks through the haze of his mind, “I’m sorry, I’ll be a good boy, please don’t leave me alone again” the voice says. Somewhere in his heavy mind Xiumin recognizes the voice as his own.

“I’m right here, I’m not going anywhere, I’ve got you love” a familiar voice repeats over and over again. Slowly the combination of what he now knows as Chen’s repetitive assurances and a steady rocking inside Chen’s warm arms subdues him into an exhausted sleep.

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

“I don’t understand why his fever spiked again” Lays calm voice breaks into Xiumin’s half awake and half asleep mind.

“You told me that he would get better Lay, but he just keeps getting worse” Chen’s voice says from beside Xiumin. He slowly recognizes the familiar touch of Chen’s fingers in his hair. “His wounds aren’t healing even though that cut Kai got just yesterday while he and Tao where fooling around healed in less than an hour, his fever isn’t leaving even though it’s been several days, and he still can’t keep anything down beside a simple swallow of water. You said you can save him, but I feel like I am slowly watching him drift away from me” Chen says shakily before a plush pressure is pressed to Xiumin’s temple.

“It doesn’t make any sense. His wounds should have healed rendering the stitches useless, but that’s all that seems to be keeping him together. His fever breaks only to come back stronger in less than a couple hours.” Lay’s voice says confused. Xiumin feels Chen’s arms and chest tense up.

“What are you saying Lay” Chen asks in a deep, demanding voice.

“I’m sorry” Lay says before Xiumin hears someone start to cry.

“You said you could save him” Chen yells and Xiumin feels the warmth of the other leave him. The loss of warmth beside him sets Xiumin’s mind to worries and he can’t help but to whine out, but his whine is covered by a loud growl.

“Watch your step Chen, take a step closer to my mate with that anger in your eyes and I won’t be able to stop myself” Suho’s usually sweat voice says with a dark undertone. Angry alpha, his tired mind registers and it sets him into a panic. He rolls over and tries to bare his stomach, showing his surrender to the more powerful, like he had always been taught. He feels some of his cuts sting as he pulls against his stitches, but he can’t worry about that as all he thinks about is fixing whatever he did wrong.

“Your mate lied to me” Chen screams causing more angered alpha scents to fill up the small room. Xiumin lets out another whine, which is quickly swallowed up by footsteps. Xiumin hears the hut door open and smells the scents of others ent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter