The First 20 Years.

Do I Deserve to be Saved?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin was born to two alpha parents who doted on him and treated him as if he were the center of their universe, until his fifth birthday. On this certain birthday all strong alpha puppies would shift for the first time. On this birthday Xiumin didn’t shift, leaving his parents devastated. How could they have possibly produced an individual who was not a strong, independent alpha like themselves?

The following year passed differently for Xiumin. His parents showed him less affection and often left him to cry instead of rushing to comfort him like they had before.

“Tough love will be good for him love, remember he is not the strong alpha we had desired. Beta’s must be treated differently they deserve less in life” Xiumin’s father would remind his distraught wife as a five and a half year old Xiumin would cry out to them in fear of being alone.

On the day of his seventh birthday Xiumin’s mother made a small cake, not the large cake that most parents made for their puppies on their fifth birthday, but still a nice cake for the occasion. They waited all night but when the clock struck midnight and the small russet puppy was still before them, instead of a small boy they both wept. They knew what this would mean for them, for their little puppy, and their family, so they just held each other all night and cried.

When the town council members knocked on the door several hours later Xiumin’s father tried to stall them for as long as he could, giving his wife the last few minutes he could with their son. He felt a deep sadness in his heart, he and his wife were purebred alphas, this was not something that occurred on a regular bases. He himself as a member of the town council had been on many similar removal cases before. Omega’s were weak wolves they had to be brought up differently than other wolfs and could not be raised by their parents because the council knew they wouldn’t be as tough on their own omega children as was required and believed to be truly necessary. Until this day Xiumin’s father believed in this rule, but only now did he question it and understand the begging and crying parents that he had been forced to restrain as the crying omega puppies were removed from the household. This has to be done for the good of the majority, the council used to remind the sobbing parents before they shut the door and left their huts. Lies, he thought to himself bitterly as the many council members in his house refused to meet his eyes.

“We are here for your omega” one of the council members says, breaking the awkward silence that had filled the hut.

“My wife is getting him ready, please just give her one more minute” Xiumin’s father pleaded with the council members recalling the many times he had received similar pleas himself.

“One minute nothing more” the council man said with a nod. Xiumin’s father left the main room and walked to the side room to comfort his wife and say a final good bye to his little puppy.

“I can’t believe I listened to you, you assured me he would be a beta after he didn’t turn when he was five” his wife says bitterly as tears stream down her face and she clutches the small bundle of fur to her chest. “I shouldn’t have listened, I should have ran, I heard rumors they don’t do this in other packs” she said backing away from Xiumin’s father with the puppy clutched to her chest. “I can’t let him go, my Minnie I need him, I love him” she sobbed finally accepting her husband’s embrace.

Suddenly the council members burst into the room. “Your time is up, give us the weak omega or we will have to use force” they said advancing on the pair. Xiumin’s father’s inner alpha reared its head as the men advanced threatening his wife and child, his family.

“Give us a couple more minutes” he pleaded in a weak voice as his inner alpha growled.

“Your time is up, your pathetic excuse of a alpha’s offspring must be raised with the other weak omegas. We have to fallow protocol, you are no exception” one of the men in the room says.

“Get away from him” Xiumin’s mother screams out as two men grab her. Quicker than lightning Xiumin’s father phases, he knows he is breaking rules and that the consequences will be severe, but he can’t hold his wolf back anymore his mate and puppy are in danger.

“Take him out of here” he hears one of the men order fallowed by the familiar whimpers of his puppy.

“Minnie, no don’t take him, Minnie” he hears his mate screaming out as multiple town council members jump on him and restrain him. “My puppy you can’t have my puppy” his wife wails before transforming into her true form as well.

“You are both breaking several town rules, we can forget about this if you both calm down and change forms now. We have the omega and don’t want any more trouble” one town council member yells. “We will have to take extreme measures if you do not comply” he warns. However Xiumin’s father can’t comprehend all he can hear are the whines of his puppy getting farther and farther away and the growls on his mate beside him. What else do we have to loss, she seems to be asking him with her eyes.

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

At 2:37 am the day of Xiumin’s tenth birthday he wakes up to pain radiating through his small wolf body. From the tip of his tail, each small nail on the end of his paws, and the gums in his mouth a sharp pain was shooting through his body at pulse like intervals. He weakly turns on his small mattress trying to relieve some of the pain he feels. He tries his best to remain quite because he knows the consequences that come with crying at any moment in the omega dorm, especially when it wakes up other members of the room. After what feels like a year but must only last about a minute the terrible pain triples which Xiumin couldn’t even image happening. He hears a scream and feels pity for whatever wolf is probably having a nightmare in the dorm because he knows that the guards are going to come in disappointed, not concerned like he has heard alpha and some beta puppy’s parents are.

“Xiumin you need to stop screaming they are going to hear you” a small boy says looking at him from across the room with wide eyes as he looks back and forth between the boy and the door. It’s me, Xiumin wonders and tries to quite the sound however a wave of pain that again multiplies the pain hits him and he cannot stop the scream or the tears that escape him as he feels like his body is on fire.

“You stupid little omega runt” One of the guards yells as he opens the door and comes towards Xiumin. “Looks like this one is finally going to shift” he says to a second guard with a chuckle as Xiumin continues to wiggle and scream on the bed.

“Let’s transport him to the soundproof block so that we can get some more sleep” the second guard says from the doorway stifling a yawn behind his hand.

“Get up you” the first guard orders Xiumin pulling him to his feet. Xiumin can only let out a louder scream as his legs fell like millions of needles are poking into them before he falls into a pile on the floor.

“I…I..I can..can’t, pl..please he..help me” he wails out.

“Stupid omega” the guard scoffs picking up Xiumin and transporting Xiumin out of the room. Xiumin is dropped onto the cold tiled ground of a small room before he hears the loud thud of a door closing. “Don’t drink all the water right away, you’ll regret it” the guard says with a laugh before sliding a small opening in the door closed.

Xiumin feels the pain becoming slightly numbed by the cold tiles of the floor. Minutes later though the pain comes back stronger fallowed the cracking and popping of each bone in his body. He drifts in and out of consciousness as the pain ebbs and flows. Xiumin cries and screams but no one comes to help. One full day and sixteen hours later a guard pulls the door open to reveal a skinny little boy with round checks staring at him from a corner of the room.

“Nice of you to finally find the decency to shift for us Xiumin” the female guard says with a fake smile. “Let’s get you some cloths, some food, and get you back to your lessons, you have missed much during your stay in this room dear” she says in a sickly sweet voice.

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

On his twentieth birthday Xiumin was allowed to move out of the dorm rooms to the heavily guarded omega village. In the village omegas were encouraged to develop many traits that would please their alpha mates, if they were lucky enough to be chosen for such an ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter