I am so Proud of You

Do I Deserve to be Saved?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Love” Xiumin heard someone say as he felt something softly move against his check, however the pull of sleep didn’t quite let him wake up. “Minnie my darling lets get up for a little while” Xiumin heard the voice he now recognized as Chen’s say. Xiumin stretched his hand out and came in contact with Chen’s arm causing the last of his tiredness to drift away.

“When did you shift” Xiumin asks moving his hand blindly until he found Chen’s fingers.

“Just a minute ago” Chen says and Xiumin fells Chen’s fingers tighten around his own. “I had to get up, the birds were practically yelling outside a minute ago” Chen says with a little chuckle. “I was going to go and clean up the meat that the guys brought back from the hunt but I didn’t want to leave you here all alone in case you woke up while I was gone” Chen says and Xiumin feels a kiss on his forehead.

“Can I come with you” Xiumin asks softly not at all a fan of the idea of being left all alone.

“Of course” Chen assures running his fingers through Xiumin’s hair in a calming manner. “I was thinking that we should get you a little exercise before we go though” Chen says and Xiumin feels the bed move as Chen’s weight is removed.

“W..What do you mean” Xiumin asks slightly scared.

“Well I cleaned up our home this morning and made sure that there was a clear path for you. I figured that if I held both of your hands and kept you safe you could try to walk around a little” Chen says. “We don’t have to if you don’t think that you are ready though” Xiumin hears Chen assure and it is the other’s sweet voice and caring tone that cause Xiumin to sit up in the bed.

“You’ll be there the whole time” Xiumin asks to be certain.

“I won’t let you go” Chen promises and Xiumin feels a gentle kiss on his temple and Chen’s hands on his upper arms. “Do you want to try to get off the bed by yourself or do you want me to pick you up and set you down on your feet” Chen asks.

“I don’t want to fall” Xiumin confesses.

“I will never let you fall, but just to be safe we will save you getting up on your own for later alright” Chen assures so Xiumin nods his head. “I’m going to pick you up love” Chen says and Xiumin feels the others strong arms hoist him from the soft bed. Maybe I should just have him carry me and forget about walking, Xiumin thinks as Chen’s strong arms hold and protect him. Don’t be so weak you’ll just be even more of an inconvenience if you can’t walk at all; a rude voice urges inside his mind causing Xiumin to whimper at the thought of causing Chen any problems after how kind he has been. “Xiumin are you okay” Chen asks and Xiumin hears nothing but concern in his voice. “If you are too scared we can wait and try later or even tomorrow, don’t push yourself love” Chen says causing Xiumin to feel warm inside.

“I…I want to try” Xiumin whispers and he can feel his checks heat up.

“Alright love take all the time you need. I’m going to lower you so that your feet touch the floor, but I won’t let go of you and we won’t take the first step until you are ready” Chen says and Xiumin feels confidence bubbling inside of himself. Xiumin feels the cold floor under his feet and right away the last of his tiredness goes out the window. “How are you feeling love” Chen asks and Xiumin notices how the others arms around him tighten as if ready to pick him up if he is not comfortable.

“I think I’m okay” Xiumin says feeling his legs tremble slightly from both fear and unused muscles.

“Alright I’m going to take one arm off of you and hold onto your hand now then” Chen says. Xiumin feels the other’s warmth disappear as one arm moves and holds onto his hand fallowed by the second.

With the loss of Chen’s warmth the darkness that is ever present now pushes in on him. You are even more useless then before, a voice says inside his head followed by an evil chuckle. You don’t deserve such a caring alpha or any alpha at all for that matter, the voice continues and Xiumin begins to shake as the voice inside his mind turns into that of the alpha from his previous pack that he once thought actually cared about him. You are a worthless omega, the alpha’s voice starts until a soft squeeze of his hands pull Xiumin back to his present situation.

“Do you want to try and take a step closer to me love” Chen asks softly and suddenly Xiumin feels as if there is a bright light at the end of the darkness inside his mind. He gingerly picks up his right foot and takes a very, very small step towards where Chen’s voice had previously come. “Wow you are doing great babe, such a good job. Do you think you can take a second step towards me” Chen asks after complementing Xiumin. Although he knows the step he has taken isn’t really anything it feels like he has accomplished something major, especially when Chen complements him so sincerely. Xiumin picks up his left foot and takes a bigger step then the one previous, but still one that doesn’t even move him across the floor. “Great job, do you think you can take more steps love or do you want to stop for now” Chen asks and Xiumin feels no pressure from Chen to choose either option; the idea of options at all kind of scare him after not really having a choice about anything in the past.

“Would it make you happy if I stopped” he asks softly, not wanting to ignore the fact that Chen has obligations to his pack.

“Doing whatever you chose to do will make me happy” Chen says and Xiumin feels soft circles being drawn on the skin between his thumb and index finger by what he assumes is Chen’s own thumb.

“Can we keep going” Xiumin asks softly as small part of him fearing that he had asked Chen for the wrong thing.

“Of course we can, do you think you can make it out of the bedroom and into the living room” Chen asks.

“Maybe” Xiumin says, hoping that he can once he hears the small hint of hope lacing Chen’s question.

“Is there anything more I can do to help make it easier for you” Chen asks as Xiumin takes an inhale to build up courage to try again. Sing for me, an overexcited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter