The Back Story (1)

If You Leave Me Now...

     Shin Hye walked in her house, arm to arm with Jong Suk, looking around, her mother and father were sitting on her couch.  Without her parents knowing that the man she loved was Jong Suk, they were shock and confused.  Jong Suk WAS a member of a gang called The Rebels.  The Rebels, never once killed or murdered, but they tortured people who owed them money and those who were rich, but were treating the poor people like they weren't humans, The Rebels were the richest gang in South Korea, not only the richest but they were all very known, especially Jong Suk, everyone knew of him.  Lee Jong Suk was the assistant boss, he was the one who demanded things, who commanded to tortured those who were rich but treated poor people badly.  Their boss was Lee Jung Gil.  

     Although, Jong Suk was a part of The Rebels and will always be, he had met Shin Hye, the girl he fell in love with the first time he bumped into her.  Her natural beauty and her nice body figure, but not only that he fell in love with, he fell in love with her smile, her eyes, her personality, the way she talks, and the way she does her aegyo.  He loves her, and though, she didn't love him the first time they saw each other, he had made some effort to show her, he really did like her.  And eventually, of course, Jong Suk had made Shin Hye fall in love with him.  Up until then, he didn't know if he had a future with anyone, he had to protect his mother and his little brother.  He spend his days watching over them, providing food, making food on the table, getting money from The Rebels and also working a part time job.  Jong Suk had used a nickname when he was working part-time, Young Jae was his fake name.  Nobody knew him, even though people thought and suggested that he looked like Jong Suk, he always denied it, just so he can live his daylight life as a normal person.  Being a gang member, he was always on call.  

     "Shin Hye, I have to tell you something."  Jong Suk said, feeling down.  Not knowing what Shin Hye will say, or how she will react.  But after a year of dating and being together, happily, it was time to tell her.  

     "What is it?" feeling worried, "Are you okay?  You look sad."  She asked.  She caressed his face, gently and softly.  He smiled.  

     "I'm okay, um..."  He couldn't get the words out of his mouth.  She raised both of her eyebrows and gave a slight frown.

     "I was in gang, called The Rebels, my real name was Jong Suk not Young Jae."  She was confused, she looked down and around.  Looking for words to say.  Surprised, hurt, and betrayed that's what she felt.

     "Shin Hye."  He tried to grab her hand, but she backed away.  He curled his eyebrows, "Shin Hye..."  sighed.

    "Young Jae, ani(no)," She closed her eyes then opened them again, "what is it?  Jong Suk."  Loosing her breath, not knowing what to say because of the shock.

     "Have I been living a lie?"  Shin Hye asked.  

     "No...  I never lied to you, I just kept it from you, I was afraid that you might not be able to accept me for who I really am.  I was afraid of losing someone like you."  He grabbed her hand and gripped it.

     "So it took a year for you to tell me?  It took you a year for you to completely trust me?  Huh?" She asked.

     "Aniyo(no).  I've always trusted you, I swear."  He wanted her to know his sincere feelings for her.  They've spent a half of a year to get to know each other, then the other half being together, dating.  6 months, of happiness, ups and down.  

     "I'm sorry."  He apologized.

     "I should've told you earlier, I know.  I'm sorry."  He exclaimed.  Shin Hye sighed then smiled.

     "Jong Suk, I love you, so it's okay."  Jong Suk realized what she had just said, he smiled brightly and laughed a bit.

     "Chincha?!(Really?)"  He asked, with excitement.

     "Yeah, but no more secrets."  She put up her fist in his face.  He laughed, picked her up, then swung her around.  Both laughing, he let her down softly, holding onto her face, he went in for a kiss.  She smiled and kissed him.  His lips were soft and perfect.  Her lips fitted perfectly onto his.  He smiled between kissing her.   She backed away, then frowned.

     "Mwuh? (What)"  He asked and frowned also.

     "I never introduced you to my parents, I don't know if my dad will accept you."  She sighed and looked down.  He picked up her chin and smiled.

     "Let me make a good impression."  He hugged her, "It'll be alright."  

 

     Jong Suk knew that her dad didn't and probably won't like him, but he didn't expect her dad to hate him.  Because her dad didn't like him, and prevented them from seeing each other, things got complicated.  He was stressed out, she was always frowning.  One day, he got a call from Jung Gil, his boss from The Rebels.  

~Jong Suk, I need you to do something for me.~

~What is it?~

~I need you to bring me, the man name Woo Bin, he's from the Kim's Network Company.~

~Wae?~

~Why do you always ask me why?~

~I want to know the reason before I do my job.~

~Arraseo, Woo Bin is the president of that Company, one of his guard killed one of our man.~

~Mwuh rah goo? (What did you say?)~

~You heard me, bring him into me, tonight at 6.~

~Ne. (Yes)~  He sighed.  Jung Gil hung up.

     It was about 5 pm, when Jong Suk went outside in a disguised.  He was wearing a tuxedo with a tie, honestly he looked sharp.  But he wasn't going to a party, he was going to catch someone.  Woo Bin.  He followed Woo Bin's car to an alley way, his car stopped.  Jong Suk was with some of his fellow members, 6 of them.  

     Jong Suk got out of the car, he stopped seeing a woman figure who he thought was Shin Hye, but it couldn't be.  s came out of the car.

     "Sunbae (Senior), kaja (let's go)."  The members took a step forward, but Jong Suk stopped them with his hands.  They all looked at him weirdly.  Jong Suk looked carefully.  

     "Shin Hye..."  He whispered to himself, shocked and hurt.

     "Sunbae, we're running out of time."  Yoo Seung Ho said.  Seung Ho got frustrated and ran with the members.

     "Seung Ho!"  He yelled out.  Woo Bin and Shin Hye turned and saw Seung Ho and the other members running towards them.  Shin Hye was frightened, Woo Bin pulled her behind him.

     "Shin Hye, go into the room."  He demanded.

     "Oppa.  A-ani (No)."  She answered.  Worried and scared at the same time, Woo Bin held her hand behind him.  Seung Ho and s were holding onto bats, slamming them onto their hands.  Jong Suk wanted to stop them, he wanted to retreat and do it another time when Shin Hye isn't there, he didn't want Seung Ho and the others to hurt Shin Hye, but seeing Shin Hye with another man, stopped him.  He couldn't move his feet, he stood there, frozen.  Seung Ho walked towards him, while the others broke his car's window, to scare them.  Seung Ho swung his bat and hit Woo Bin's arm, Woo Bin fell down.

     "Oppa!"  She started to tear up, dropped down to reach eye to eye with him, in fear, she looked up.  Seung Ho was wearing a black eye face mask, so she couldn't tell who he was.  Woo Bin weeped in pain, held his arm.  Seung Ho swung again, but Jong Suk blocked Shin Hye and Jong Suk yelped in pain.  

     "Jong Suk."  Her eyes widened.  

     "Sunbae."  Seung Ho's eyes widened also, he backed away.  

     "Take Woo Bin, leave her with me." 

     "But Sunbae.."  

     "Ga! (Go!)"  Jong Suk yelled, although Seung Ho hesitated, he ran to Woo Bin, pushed Shin Hye off and dragged him to the car, he glanced back.  Jong Suk signaled for him to go with his head.