let's go shopping! (for grocieries)

my friend mr. fox
Please log in to read the full chapter

8

LET'S GO SHOPPING! (FOR GROCERIES)

 

Gongchan was expecting to go straight home after meeting the new kid—or the old, considering that he wasn't entirely new—but things didn't go as planned. By the time he got home, at around 4 o'clock, his mother was waiting for him at the door with hands on her hips. He knew what was coming next.

"Why weren't you at school?" She asked, her usually sweet and soft tone was completely gone. He ducked his head, trying to hide the blush from his cheeks. It wasn't like he wanted to ditch school in the first place, it had just been Baro's fault. He even had to pay the ice cream! Aside from that, he knew he wouldn't be able to get out of this one quickly.

"I uh..." he gulped, "something came up...?" He tried quietly, keeping his head low. He could feel his mother's bothered expression on her face, as well as the glare she was giving him. Then she sighed a long sigh of helplessness.

"At least call me..." She whispered, trying her best to remain calm. "Jinyoung's been looking all over for you."

Gongchan looked up.

"He even skipped basketball practice." She added with a slightly annoyed tone. "Now come inside, I don't want you going out like that again."

 

Gongchan's mother had, luckily, let him be with the entire situation. She didn't push the explanations any further, and well, he didn't feel the need to explain. His mother had gone to visit her aunt that same afternoon, and wouldn't be back until the next day. Jinyoung still wasn't home, since he returned to his practice soon after Gongchan had called him to assure him that he was fine.

Now, the sixteen-year-old lay quietly on his bed listening to music while trying to get some rest. Baro was quite the energetic person, nothing like himself. The boy had made him do so much in such little time. He was tired now. Absolutely tired.

By the time Jinyoung came back home from basketball practice, Gongchan was still asleep. The elder wordlessly took a shower, and changed into some clean clothes before walking up to him and poking his cheek.

"Stop..." he said, weakly, turning around to avoid any more pokes.

"We need to go buy groceries, Channie." Jinyoung cooed, poking his sides a bit more. The younger only whined and stirred a few more times before he gave up and woke up.

"What did you say?" He mumbled while rubbing his eyes.

"We're supposed to go shopping today, for groceries." Jinyoung replied calmly. Gongchan nodded, sitting up straight before getting up and taking a shower as well.

The walk to the store was rather calm since Gongchan was still half-asleep from the nap he took earlier, despite taking a shower. Jinyoung was almost his usual self, since he kept on bothering him every now and then with pokes and hugs, or any type of thing he found annoying. When things got a little quiet, Jinyoung would always move to hold his hand in a gentle movement.

"Did you get the list?" Gongchan said, turning his head to look at Jinyoung. The elder nodded, took his hand in his own, and walked along. The younger wasn't really happy with him holding his hand so car

Please log in to read the full chapter