back to normal

my friend mr. fox
Please log in to read the full chapter

17

BACK TO NORMAL

 

Jinyoung stirs a bit when the bright sunlight hits his eyelids, making him let out a little whine. He turns his back to the open window, and burries his face in his pillow, which doesn't seem to be his pillow at all because it has that slightly sweet smell of vanilla that Gongchan—shoot. He snaps his eyes open, and sits up straight, then looks around only to find himself not in his empty (almost dead) room. Did he accidentally fall asleep here?

Then the smell of freshly made pancakes floods his nose, and has Jinyoung sniffing his way towards the open bedroom door. He peeks his head out and looks both ways. Gongchan is nowhere to be seen. The coast is clear, or so he thinks, because suddenly he hears footsteps coming up the stairs, and a familiar black fluff of hair pops out, later revealing that face that leaves Jinyoung breathless.

Gongchan stands there, dressed in a long sleeve, pink sweater, and a pair of light blue faded jeans. His hair is just randomly tossed around in all its puffy glory, and it looks so so soft that Jinyoung just wants to go up and touch it, but then there's that face that goes along with the rest of the cute attire, and Jinyoung is just about to lose it. Gongchan is just so abnormally pretty today with his black sparkling eyes and rosy pink lips, and that smile, oh that smile is just the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.

"Good morning, Jinnie!" Gongchan says, stretching his arms out with his palms wide open, as if asking for a hug. Jinyoung just stares, cheeks slightly flushed at the sight of the other being so terribly cute out fo the blue, despite yesterdays evident anger and discomfort with him. What in the world is happening?

Before he even has a chance to think, Gongchan comes running over to him and pulls him into a hug (one of those extremely tight ones that squeeze the air out of you). Jinyoung's breath hitches, as the younger buries his face in his chest and then looks up at him, eyes still twinkling in all their might. Gongchan gives him a smile that he hasn't seen in ages—the one he only used as kids whenever they were playing hide-and-seek.

"I made pancakes," he says, and he giggles. Jinyoung doesn't know if he should cry at the cuteness, or run away from the strange way Gongchan is acting. He does neither. Instead, he grabs Gongchan b

Please log in to read the full chapter