childhood memories

my friend mr. fox
Please log in to read the full chapter

4

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

 

"Gongchan~" Someone called him, barely waking him from his sleep. He stirred in discomfort and buried his face deeper into the white pillow. He didn't want to wake up yet, and he didn't have to, so why bother?

A poke to his cheek. Two more pokes. Five more pokes. Eight more—

"Yah!" He whined, covering his face with a blanket.

Apparently that wasn't enough to make the other boy stop, because they immediately started a battle of who could keep the blanket. It was a matter of two harsh pulls to make Gongchan to lose, unfortunately.

"I said, stop!" He yelled, pushing the other boy off the bed. "Stupid, Jinyoung." The loud yelp coming from the other side of his bed was enough to make a small smile reach his lips. With a few rubs over his eye, Gongchan managed to wake up and walk over to the kitchen, a whining boy following behind him.

"That hurt, you know." The other mentioned, taking a seat at the table.

"It's not my fault." Gongchan replied also taking a seat. His mother was already up and around the kitchen making breakfast, her face painted with a frown when both boys didn't greet her. The only thing that made them realize this was the wooden spoon that crashed against their heads.

"So rude." She said, setting her hands on her hips. "I'm sure I never taught you to be this way." She scolded, while Jinyoung bowed apologetically. "Be more like him." His mother said, pointing at Jinyoung. Gongchan rolled his eyes, which made him receive another hit.

"Okay!" He whined, rubbing where it hurt. "I'll be more like..." He glanced at the other. "Him."

 

When they had finished their breakfast and were ready to go to school, Gongchan's mother pushed them out the door with a smile on her face and a quick goodbye. The younger boy groaned in annoyance, walking faster as soon as they were out of sight. He didn't want to go to school. Not with this guy.

Jinyoung followed him quietly, hands gripping onto his bag in search for comfort as they walked down the streets. He was pretty sure that Gongchan was in a bad mood this morning, so he didn't bother to run after him and force small talk. It was just one of those days.

Gongchan and his mother had moved to the city when he was 8 years old. Jinyoung going along with them after his mother's persistance. His mother had decided that being that far away from the city wasn't doing them much good, so without much thinking she went along with it. Gongchan wasn't happy with the idea, but he was obviously

Please log in to read the full chapter