i like you

my friend mr. fox
Please log in to read the full chapter

13

i like you

 

It's late in the afternoon when Gongchan recieves a message from Baro. He's in the middle of fixing up a snack for him and Jinyoung when his phone buzzes, making him stop his snack-fixing process and ignore the pout coming from the other side of the room when he leaves the sandwiches half-way done.

Baro
Want to come over tonight?
Sent 1:34pm

 

Chan
Depends, what for?
Sent 1:35pm

 

Baro
Nothing much. Just to watch a movie or something.
I'm home alone and I'm in need of company.
Sent 1:37pm

 

Chan
Okay, sounds fine.
Let me ask Jinyoung then.
Sent 1:38pm

 

Gongchan sighs and pockets his phone, looking over at Jinyoung who was sitting in the living room watching cartoons. It's easy to tell Baro that he was going to ask for permission, but the idea of doing so is far more difficult. Why ask Jinyoung for permission, you ask? Well, let's just say that Jinyoung was a little over protective of Gongchan in certain ocassions, one being going to someone's house pass 8 o'clock.

"Hey, Chan. Almost done there?" Jinyoung suddenly pipes up in front of him, only centimeters apart, making Gongchan jump back in surprise.

"Y-yeah, I just need to get the drinks." He smiles before going over to the fridge and taking out two soda cans. Jinyoung raises an eyebrow as he sets them down on the counter next to the two sandwiches.

"Done? Ha ha."

Jinyoung just smiles and ruffles his hair before taking his food towards the living room. To say that he's too nervous to ask is an understatement, he is absolutely terrified. It isn't because he was afraid of Jinyoung—because he's definitely not—but because he is scared of his reaction towards his question.

Ever since Shinwoo appeared, everything was beginning to be different. The somewhat brotherly bond they had between them had somehow dissapeared in a matter of seconds, replaced by Jinyoung's overreactions and that stupid fluttery feeling inside his stomach. And he remains clueless as to what had caused it all, because it wasn't as if Shinwoo could have changed them, right?

"Uhm... Jinyoung?" Gongchan starts once he took a seat next to the elder.

"Hmm?" The other humms as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"I uhm... well, I wanted to ask you if I could maybe go—if you let me, of course—to uh, Baro's place later this afternoon." He blurts out quickly while avoiding the other's eyes.

"Yeah, sure." Is the calm reply he was given, causing him to look up disbelief. Was that really all he had to say? "Just don't do anything stupid and text me when you get there."

"Seriously?!" Gongchan shrieks, annoyed by the fact that Jinyoung doesn't even question his plans (not that he ever wanted him to do so). The elder looked at him confused as he set his food aside. "You don't even ask anything else? Like, 'where does he live?' even?"

"I don't really get your point, but... where does he live?"

"I give up," Gongchan sighs, defeated by Jinyoung's strange ways. "Can you give me a ride there?"

"I don't know if your mom would—"

"She won't mind. You're an excellent driver!" Gongchan cheers, pumping his fist in the air. Jinyoung doesn't even know what to expect from him anymore.

"Not really... Remember what happened last time?"

"But that was ages ago! I bet you'll never do something like that again!" He tries. "Now, could you please give me a ride?" He pouts, trying to win Jinyoung over with his so-called cuteness that apparently only worked on the elder.

"Fine." The other says as he returns to his food, ignoring Gongchan's smile. "And you were right, your mom's sandwiches are the best. These... not so much..."

 

"Have you seen my black hoodie?" Gongchan asks from upstairs as he searched his closet for the piece of clothing. "I can't seem to find it, and I really need it. Could you help me—umph!"

He's cut off by Jinyoung shoving his face inside a hoodie. When he finally pops his head out, he quickly realizes that something is definitely wrong.

"This isn't my—" He iss cut off by Jinyoung shoving his hands into the sleeves.

"Wear it." He says as he fixes Gongchan's messy hair, making sure to keep it away from poking his eyes.

"But it's too big!" He whines as he tuggs at the hem of the hoodie, which happens to reach around mid-thigh. He doesn't quite understand why Jinyoung would want him to wear it.

"Wear it." Jinyoung growls, making Gongchan roll his eyes. There's no way he's winning this now. Once Jinyoung puts his mind on something, there's almost no going back.

"Fine." He mutteres, thr

Please log in to read the full chapter