the fox in the meadow

my friend mr. fox
Please log in to read the full chapter

1

THE FOX IN THE MEADOW

 

With light footsteps and small hops, Gongchan happily ran through the green meadow of white daisies and colorful flowers. His dark hair brushed along with the wind, and his joyful laughter echoed through the large patch. He ran in circles, spun around, and wandered off to the small creek at the end of the valley, a cheerful laugh accompanying him as he pranced around. His cheeks were rosy pink from the slightly chilly air, and his eyes gleamed with happiness after each step he took.

It was his birthday; he was turning six years-old. As a present, his mother had let him wander off to the spacious scenery to find his new gift. The child, happy as can be, quickly accepted his mothers offer and quickly took off before she could change her mind.

Arriving at the small creek, the little boy crouched down to peek at the flowing water. He observed the crystal liquid quietly, patiently looking for his gift. Was it a fish, perhaps? Or a frog? He likes frogs, so it could be a possibility. But as he stared at the crystal clear water, he realized that it was, in fact, empty. He frowned at his disappointment. He had already grown excited of the thought of having a small frog inside his pocket, carrying him around to wherever he went. But sadly, that wasn't the case. Sighing, he got up and started walking along the rocky edge, cautiously since he didn't want to fall.

He sat down on a large stone, and furrowed his brows as he started to think. What did his mother give him? If it's an animal, that in probably would've ran away already. If it was a couple of flowers, then the wind would've already blown them away. What could she have possibly gotten him? A pouts made its way to his lips, and he sighed deeply. He wanted his present.

Just as he was about to get up and walk away, he spotted a bundle of fur resting behind him on the soft grass. The animal's fur was as white as snow, and a blue ribbon was wrapped gently around its neck. Gongchan tilted his head to the side, a confused expression on his young face. That wasn't there when I got here.

Gasping, he quickly ran over to the small bundle and crouched down beside it, a smile replacing his frustrated pout. It was beautiful, he thought; its fur seemed so soft and clean, and its form was so small and fragile. Without much thinking, he

Please log in to read the full chapter